Super car fans

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Saw this out of the optician's window today and only had my mobile on me. Drew a fair crowd and a quick google shows its a Lotus Type 131.20200919_153440~2.jpg

"They" are all sort of looking alike now :thinking:

just thought i would reduce the haze on it ;)

20200919_153440_2edit.jpg

It took about 20 minutes to get it into the transport lorry as it is so low they had to continually move the ramps. The lorry was almost as impressive as the Lotus. Looked like something straight out of a Fast and Furious film.

It took about 20 minutes to get it into the transport lorry as it is so low they had to continually move the ramps. The lorry was almost as impressive as the Lotus. Looked like something straight out of a Fast and Furious film.

As for low cars....................a few days back at the local retail park where they have speed cushions. I was leaving and a lowered BMW was coming down the middle of the road towards me i.e. occupying the whole width so that he could angle and 'crab over' the cushion.................well if he wants to do that he should bl**dy well hold back until the cushion is clear, suffice to say I do not suffer fools gladly, he pulled to his side of the road and was crossing the cushion at the same time as me (which is perfectly fine for all normal traffic) but boy was he just about making it without scrubbing over! :thinking: :banghead: ;)

As for low cars....................a few days back at the local retail park where they have speed cushions. I was leaving and a lowered BMW was coming down the middle of the road towards me i.e. occupying the whole width so that he could angle and 'crab over' the cushion.................well if he wants to do that he should bl**dy well hold back until the cushion is clear, suffice to say I do not suffer fools gladly, he pulled to his side of the road and was crossing the cushion at the same time as me (which is perfectly fine for all normal traffic) but boy was he just about making it without scrubbing over! :thinking: :banghead: ;)

That is a crap lowered car. The proper / new ones can be raised higher than yours at the press of a button. Very impressive tech.

For me it's got to be a convertible and diesel or electric to really interest me for practical reasons.

That is a crap lowered car. The proper / new ones can be raised higher than yours at the press of a button. Very impressive tech.

I have seen 'proper' ones on TV, as you say impressive tech.....including a Range Rover one that went from cross country height to motorway cruiser level.

As for the crap 'fixed' height version, the reason I knew he was likely to crab was because I had seen similar happen with other lowered cars. I dread to think of how unforgiving that type of suspension is and what an uncomfortable ride the occupants will experience....style(?) over function, perhaps!!!

style(?) over function, perhaps!!!

In many cases that's sadly true. The main real benefit is much improved handling ability on a proper road as seen in Germany. There you wouldn't notice much discomfort due to harder springs because there are almost no potholes. In UK it admittedly makes far less sense, where softer is both more comfortable and faster over crap road. If its done reasonably like any stock Audi S[3..6] then they are fine for everyday. In my next car I'd like to have adjustable suspension. I think it is starting to become a standard feature.

Is that a new model @nilagin?

Is the wing used as an airbrake?
Not quite the latest, it's a 2017 model, more recent ones are more powerful.
Yes the rear wing does double as an air brake. That photo was taken just as the car was coming in to stop .
20200921_141844_001.jpg
This one was as it sped past in the opposite direction, as you can see the rear wing is flatter. Ford have two GT's they use for promotional work etc. in Europe, this yellow one and a blue one.
20180721_090622.jpg
This grey one is one of the prototype builds and is in their Heritage Collection, so doesn't really get used.

I heard the yellow car go as I pulled into the car park at work but then I saw a pick up truck go past. The pick up truck turned out to be an American Ford F150 Raptor, same engine as in the GT, but not as powerful.
Unfortunately the short video clips I filmed on my phone are too large to upload, but the GT sounded glorious.

Nice.

So are they testing engine developments, or just having some fun? :naughty:
They were giving track passenger rides. They do it now and then for dealers etc. Sadly they don't do it for us employees. Having said that, I have been to a couple of events at work, where they have had passenger rides in various cars, maybe the next event in about 7yrs they may include the GT, but they only have so many tickets for each vehicle, so anyone that gets a ride in the GT will be very fortunate.

One of my workmates is the nephew of Ford UK's CEO and I don't think even his uncle has taken him for a ride in the car.

Back