Superbikes

C

CriPPle

A photo from the qualifying session at brands today.

wsbk1.jpg

I will post some more tomorrow when I get back.

Nicely caught CriPPle!

Very good shot... shutter not so fast as to freeze the track... good panning. Has it been cropped much? What sort of lens are you using?

I've not made it to any bike races yet this year (except the Brit GP which was a total washout) so I'm dead jealous... looking forward to seeing more.

good shot, very impressed!

Thanks all, glad you like them. :)

Hedgehog, That picture has zero crop taken with a Sigma 70-200 F2.8
It's good when you can get close to the track but otherwise I find it a bit on the short side.

A few more....

fire.jpg

Headless Rider
Headless_Biker.jpg

wsbk2.jpg

wsbk3.jpg

Still have loads of pictures to go through so more to come later

Stunning work, very impressive.

Not much to add apart from I love the last one. :thumb:

Great shots! That last one just blows me away! :icon_cool

Nice work there! Wish I'd had mine when I went to Goodwood this year rather than the set of blurred ones I got from my Ixus!

Excellent shots, care to share equipment and EXIF / settings? :)

wow! really impressed with these, excellent stuff

Excellent shots... I've not been to Brands but it looks like you've got some good, clear, close views of the track... or did you manage to blag a trackside pass? At the GP they had 2x8ft link fences (yes 2) to look through as soon as you got anywhere near the track!

Brands has some very good open sections, you can get inside the hairpin at some events and at the entrance to the last corner too, so its pretty cool, not so sure what the fencing was like for this event though as i didnt go

Thanks again all :)

Marcel they're taken with a Canon EOS 20D and Sigma EX 70-200 F2.8
They were taken shutter priority set at either 250-320, all shot at ISO 100

Brands is a good track for getting close to the action as EosD said you can get into the middle of the hairpin and most of the track that goes through the forest do not have high fences.

Still sorting through the rest of the pics about 900 to go so will post some more when I am done sorting

Great shots there, I went down 2002 &2003 got most of my best shots on qualifying and practice days. (a couple are posted on here) The best places I found were on the exit of druids as you are higher than the track and as has been mentione round the back of the circuit.
The last 2 years I have been to donnington for the moto gp but the fencing really is a pain. Bottom of craner curves isn't too bad and also on practice you can step over the wire fence on the exit of redgate and shoot through the holes in the fence.

Great shots Sam, I'm eagerly awaiting you to sort through the rest and post some more. Must make a note of those settings and carry on practicing this type of shot! :)

I love those pics, will have to remember those settings and have a play around :) nice shots

hi cripple
great shots, brings back great memories when i was a marshall there (as well as several other race-courses inc Donnington), and seeing great riders such as hailwood, agostini, cooper, read etc, etc.. please post more, and are they Raw or Jpg images?
stevannie

Um... this thread is nearly 5 months old??? Cripple hasn't posted here since September....

you know, i never noticed the date at all, just the pictures.
thanks for pointing that out.
stevannie

It doesn't matter if a thread is old, as long as it contains something that interests you we don't mind at all if it is brought back to life. The forums are constantly getting new members and there has been some great stuff posted here from the past that many might miss.

I do wonder what happened to Cripple though, he met up with a few of us at the Chester zoo shoot, he was a really nice guy. Its a shame he hasn't been around for a while. :ponders:

Yes - Cripple was a cool geezer. He made a pretty heroic journey from right down South to attend that meet too, I wonder what happened to him?

Some great shots here ......just don't spend too much time on NEC Girls 2005 ;)

wow joe
great shot, what sort of distance are you from them, when i went watching and marshalling race's there were no wire fence's at all, and i used to get some great shots, not allowed a camera when marshalling though.

@DJW
what bikes?? :thumb:

You can tell IMG_7043.jpg is a Rodean girl! :laugh1:

Oops sorry Joe - I'll leave it to you. :)

Hi all, as some have already stated not been on here for a while as i have had some problems recently due to my main comp dying on me and then losing my laptop :( ......have just got my new pc up and running, so just thought i'd check out what was going on here.

Guess my ears must of been burning

Very nice surprise to see ppl commenting on some of my old posts, anyway I plan to start sorting out some more of my more recent pics now so should start some more posts soon :)

Sorry you have had some PC problems Cripple but I an very pleased to see you back again :thumb:

DJW said:
Some great shots here ......just don't spend too much time on NEC Girls 2005 ;)
I wouldn't say no to riding some of those :thumb::thumb: :woot:

Back