Swallow from Mull

Name
Gerald Davies
Edit My Images
Yes
This guy sat and posed for a while. So I thought I'd do the decent thing and take a few photos.

Was happy when I captured these, but when downloaded, I was very unhappy to find the tail feathers oof. :bang::bang:

Damn frustrating hobby ours :LOL::LOL:

3668671445_df4e370ce6_o.jpg

good spot and capture gerald - nice detail and tones.

Nice one - never noticed the tail feathers oof until I read your post.
I was drawn to the bird's eye.

Nice one Taxi, the tail is just a result of the shallow depth of field which gives it that lovely blurred background, isolating the subject. Its important to have the eye in focus, which you have. (y)

Yep you did the right thingGerald, lovely pose (y)

Lovely shot of a beautiful bird, like the pose :)

good spot and capture gerald - nice detail and tones.

Nice one - never noticed the tail feathers oof until I read your post.
I was drawn to the bird's eye.

still a nice shot not that bothered about the tail

Nice one Taxi, the tail is just a result of the shallow depth of field which gives it that lovely blurred background, isolating the subject. Its important to have the eye in focus, which you have. (y)

yep Martyn and Karen said all i could add mate :) nice catch :)

Yep you did the right thingGerald, lovely pose (y)

Thanks all. I think shots like this mean that I should do more chimping. With the light I doubt if to f8 would have given me a good shot as the shutter would be at 1/50th :( and ended up with motion blur. I shouldn't complaint, but its so frustrating :bang::bang:

Very good...a lot of the farms around your way and into Ross-shire should have large Swallow colonies so maybe you'll want to practice over the next month or so before they head south?!

Very good...a lot of the farms around your way and into Ross-shire should have large Swallow colonies so maybe you'll want to practice over the next month or so before they head south?!

Thanks x777, and there are plenty of swallows about at the moment, I just need to find that good location :)

Back