T90...

Thanks guys for posting re the T90. I was about to give mine away, including the flash, but from reading this I shall hang-on a bit longer.:)

Alan, you will only regret it if you do give it away, I would never dream of parting with mine.

Was out with it this afternoon in the local park, fitted with the 35-105 F3.5 taking pictures of the dog walkers with dramatic cloud formations in the background. Then changed to a Tokina 80-200 F2.8 ATX-Pro to catch some of the seagulls hurtling around the area, sheer bliss using this camera, I don't get the same buzz using digital.

John:)

A
Was out with it this afternoon in the local park, fitted with the 35-105 F3.5 taking pictures of the dog walkers with dramatic cloud formations in the background. ...............John:)

pictures we need pictures...:D:D

Hello John. Always nice to read your informative posts and yes I do agree that the T90 is a great camera, but it has been ages since I used mine in anger, other than blasting off a few clicks every few weeks to make sure it still works.

I must be getting lazy in my old age. Digital is so easy, if you don't like a photograph, you just delete it and not have to wait for the film to be developed.

I still use some of my FD lenses on the 450D following advice you gave me a couple of years ago, but sadly my Canon 35-105 doesn't give very good results using the EOS-FD adapter, the 100mm macro however is pretty good.

I've recently started using M42 lens via an adapter on my 450D, which give excellent results. Two weeks ago whilst on holiday in Scotland I found a Carl Zeiss Tessar f2.8/50, complete with Praktica camera for £8 in a charity shop, the lens is in mint condition and is permanently on my camera at the moment. Will post some pics taken with the lens in the coming weeks :)

Alan

As I mentioned on the 'new toy' thread, my T90's back from Miles Whitehead who seems to have done a first rate job and I've been putting it through its paces with a roll of Boots 200 slide film, which I've nearly finished. If the weather's OK tomorrow, I'll see if I can wrap it up.

Thoroughly enjoying shooting with it even if it is a lot heavier than my other FD bodies. It's more like my EOS 3 than anything else I own. Handles a 200mm f/4 well with the mass and wealth of grip.

I had my T90 with EEEE fault CLA'd for £45 at JP Camera Repair in Edinburgh earlier this year, although I think Joe has retired now. The circuit board was replaced but I wasn't charged for that as I took in a bunch of lenses and an A1 for cleaning too.

I have a T90 which gives the EEEE error occasionally. I find that if I press the battery check button, this clears the error and I can continue shooting. It might be worth trying this before you bash the camera on the floor.
That will clear the error code but not the fault. Mine would jam up again immediately on the next shot. Knocking it on a desk freed it up enough to shoot again but it did need fixing eventually.

Back