table top tripod

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
i have for some time been looking to get a tabletop tripod and head. One thing is most have a very low payload weight which stopped me.
However I have come across one that fits the bill. " payload (80KG)"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moman-Trip...0792P1BQZ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

also the head takes a payload more than most . ( 10kg of gear and 200mm lens )

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moman-Came...ds=Moman+B-10+Ball+Head&qid=1569143411&sr=8-1

Should get it in the next few days. Did some research on youtube about it first. doing a rough height measurement is about 8 inches at the highest setting. then ball head on top

I would think it would be very suitable for anyone with a small lightbox to photograph small objects

Last edited:
Looks like a useful piece of kit, I iike the threaded options on the tripod legs as well. I'll be interested to see how you find it once you start using it. :)

Rick. according to Amazon I should have it by about Saturday so will let you know. One thing I didn't want is one with a centre column or even extending legs

Last edited:
I have an almost identical tripod that was sold as the Marsace MT-01. It's a good solid little unit. Mine came with a different head so I can't comment on the one you're getting.

Last edited:
I decided to order this as well

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moman-Trip...59DS/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

already have fluid tripod heads but they have long handles, this one is short so easier to get close to the camera rear screen. That also has a very good review. Already have 3 tripods and absolutely pointless, so may think about selling my manfrotto 055XPROB with a322RC2 head as it is getting too heavy for me. Just got to see how I get on with the above first. old age has its drawbacks :thinking:

RtxASpf.jpg

Last edited:
I decided to order this as well

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moman-Trip...59DS/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

already have fluid tripod heads but they have long handles, this one is short so easier to get close to the camera rear screen. That also has a very good review. Already have 3 tripods and absolutely pointless, so may think about selling my manfrotto 055XPROB with a322RC2 head as it is getting too heavy for me. Just got to see how I get on with the above first

I went with this head.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078947BL5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Going to put it on my Redreg and probably this small table top tripod too.

Last edited:
Last edited:
As in the photo I just posted above, the other tripods have pan heads as well as this new one I am getting. Yours looks as if it has a double pan head which I don't really understand why it is needed

My problem is too much gear bought over the years. If I had 3 hands thenI could use my Nikon D300- D800 and D810 all at the same time. :nikon:. 4 peli cases would you believe? yep even them and now a manfrotto rolling camera bag thingy as well

Last edited:
As in the photo I just posted above, the other tripods have pan heads as well as this new one I am getting. your looks as if it has a double pan head which I don't really understand why it is needed

The top pan head is for when your camera is level, you can now pan and it will be completely level.

If you pan at the base then it is only level to the angle of the legs pointing at.

As in the photo I just posted above, the other tripods have pan heads as well as this new one I am getting. Yours looks as if it has a double pan head which I don't really understand why it is needed

My problem is too much gear bought over the years. If I had 3 hands thenI could use my Nikon D300- D800 and D810 all at the same time. :nikon:. 4 peli cases would you believe? yep even them and now a manfrotto rolling camera bag thingy as well

The lower pan is not essential when doing pans... The ball is used as a leveller in combination with a spirit level. The camera will then rotate, on that level plane, using the top Rotator. ( It is by far the more important of the two.)
Bubble levels are rarely if ever "Perfect" and will wander to some extent as you rotate. It is very important not to re-level as you rotate. it is important to rotate around a constant plane, for good stitches. It is less important that that plane is exactly plumb.

Unlike a theodolite or artillery director, it is not possible to make a number of bubble readings to set a completely accurate level with a tripod head, nor is it necessary.

All tripod heads should have the pan facility at the top, not the bottom, to achieve a level rotation. Somehow the inaccurate "traditional" bottom position has become the norm.

A bottom rotator is only of use when setting up the camera, to point it in the general direction. most people will then level the ball and only then fine tune the direction, Not realising that in doing so they have de-levelled the camera. this is not the case with a top rotator.

Last edited:
Looks like a useful piece of kit, I iike the threaded options on the tripod legs as well. I'll be interested to see how you find it once you start using it. :)

well it has arrived about 1/2 hr ago. very first impressions is the Moman Fluid Head Drag Pan Tripod Head is a lot easier to adjust than the ball head.

Moman Fluid Head Drag Pan Tripod Head
Xtk77ct.jpg

Nikon D810 and nikon 24-70mm f2.8 lens. Even pointing down on a larger tripod there doesn't seem to be any downward drift, it stays tight. Yet to try with the 70-200 mm f2.8 lensnin

Ok as I said just had a very very quick hands on so no time to really try out to be honest, but levelling the ball head takes a bit of time. out of the both I would go for the one in the photo over the other. Maybe because I have not given the ball head a chance, we will see

fL2OzVU.jpg

now with the afs70-200mm f2.8 lens and it stays with point if balance now on the lens foot

now with the ball head

RsTEvWs.jpg

just a quick setup to test balance and downward droop, and there is not any. best to add the tripod feet last

fbVsQ6D.jpg

well getting the same make both plates are interchangeableo once fitted to the camera base no real need to remove them

with the tripod legs at the widest using same camera but with a tamron 90mm macro lens getting a shot like this is so much easier

tYASyur.jpg

EWnpHAK.jpg

Last edited:
well it has arrived about 1/2 hr ago. very first impressions is the Moman Fluid Head Drag Pan Tripod Head is a lot easier to adjust than the ball head.

Moman Fluid Head Drag Pan Tripod Head
Xtk77ct.jpg

Nikon D810 and nikon 24-70mm f2.8 lens. Even pointing down on a larger tripod there doesn't seem to be any downward drift, it stays tight. Yet to try with the 70-200 mm f2.8 lensnin

Ok as I said just had a very very quick hands on so no time to really try out to be honest, but levelling the ball head takes a bit of time. out of the both I would go for the one in the photo over the other. Maybe because I have not given the ball head a chance, we will see

fL2OzVU.jpg

now with the afs70-200mm f2.8 lens and it stays with point if balance now on the lens foot

now with the ball head

RsTEvWs.jpg

just a quick setup to test balance and downward droop, and there is not any. best to add the tripod feet last

fbVsQ6D.jpg

well getting the same make both plates are interchangeableo once fitted to the camera base no real need to remove them

with the tripod legs at the widest using same camera but with a tamron 90mm macro lens getting a shot like this is so much easier

tYASyur.jpg

EWnpHAK.jpg
Many thanks for the info, I am liking that a lot :)

Rick
My velbon PH-358 fluid head is now redundant I guess.Just got to really test this new pan head first then Velbon I may put on the selling thread if anyone may be interested later on.

I

exploring possibilities

Tj8458w.jpg

I can see myself spending winter evenings playing with lighting now with items on a table top. Already have a good LED light (as in photo) and a means of putting it on a tripod. I don't have a lighting stand as such. Think it could possibly open up a new field of interest in photography for me at least, anyway I hope so.

this primaphoto PHTR001 tripod I got because it folds up small and for the above camera and lenses. However the head that came with it to my mind is totally useless I don't think that can hold the weight. Hence getting the velbon fluid head instead. Then I hit another problem with the head removed the tripod thread is too large to fit into a camera. So I found one of these

601kTeE.jpg

Which worked but I had to make up a couple of collars to go over it for extra stability.

With this new moman gear it can take that larger thread on the tripod as they come with threaded adapters which arn't needed See photo with camcorder on it. problem solved

Now down to the lighting

I use as shown a CN-160 LED light and a NP-F970/F960 battery (it will take AA batteries) . You have to make sure you get the right ones for that LED light and also don't forget a charger.

something like this best get the kit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DSLR-Cam...026552?hash=item41ca8bb078:g:lyUAAOxypthRsYQw

Hit a little snag, easily overcome using that small threaded stud for that LED light to fit onto the tripod

Last edited:
Kevin

Hi. First of all that tabletop tripod is rock solid and with the legs fully out nothing will shift it as shown in the above photos. I saw it on youtube first and checked out reviews, i didn't want buy a load of rubbish. It is truly amazing the load it will take (as shown) and I got it for something to do now on dark long winter nights. Ok it is not a well known make but I suspect because of that it has been made to a much higher standard, just my thoughts. i did wonder about the total height so when flat with legs wide open is about 5 and a half inches to the top plate with the legs in the upright position about 8 inches. Same for the fluid head.
. Even in the upright position it just does not shift. I also was pleased it came with an adapter studs for different size threads for other tripod fittings etc

As shown belowand above with ruler

AhHrfgi.jpg

Oh that was taken with the Nikon D810 and Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 lens, flashgun Nikon SB 900,l mounted on the tripod with the ball head. (enlarged photo] on my desk

Total Amazon price I paid for the tripod the ball head and fluid head £56.98 delivered , Don't think one can complain at that. Just to add i have no connection with the product /company other than as a customer

Last edited:
to spread the legs out just turn the red ring part. The fluid head is well worth getting

I have that head I linked to earlier ordered and half the time I am going to use it told hold my DJI Pocket with my phone to shoot some hyperlapse.

Raymond

just unscrews from the bottom of the head if you buy the head
ubr9bRu.jpg

The legs thread is sprung loaded as held down by my finger to demo, if you buy the legs only so no need to unscrew. Note the sexy finger ;)
97QTquZ.jpg

Hope this answers your question

the fluid head is the same as the ball head comes with adapter. Iit was in a small plastic bag so I now have 2 of them

AhHrfgi.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah, it is spring loaded, here I was trying to find an Allen key to unscrew it from underneath!

so what do you think of it?? I found it was spring loaded by watching a youtube video

Last edited:
Last edited:
nandbytes

There are two things to consider. if you are extremely poor and £2 is going to make a huge difference,. then send it back. If you are stinking rich then £2 is peanuts to the millions you have already. It is only you know which you are :rolleyes:

nandbytes

There are two things to consider. if you are extremely poor and £2 is going to make a huge difference,. then send it back. If you are stinking rich then £2 is peanuts to the millions you have already. It is only you know which you are :rolleyes:

I am neither :)
I can afford to feed myself and my family.

But I don't like lying to get a free return. So I'll keep it.

Same as me then when I was working, now retired. Nice to see an honest person.

Just trying this at home with my markins q3i ballhead.

IMG-20191013-WA0002~2.jpeg

Works very well. Fantastically stable and fluid. Time to try it out in the field next week :D

Who else decided to get one? seems those that have are pleased with it. I still prefer using the fluid head against the ball head

Z6Q0ZoH.jpg

Last edited:
I've ordered the mini tripod and fluid head, for table top and close to the ground close ups...

Back