Takes On Scissors (April challenge)

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Over on this thread we hatched a plan for a new challenge. Each month there will be a new subject and the idea is to photograph your takes on that subject and post your pictures here. This is also the place to discuss how it's going and offer support and constructive criticism on the posted images. Generally the aim is to include the subject, this month scissors, in a photographs but there are no rules and it is your challenge, feel free to join in.

So far @simon ess @Nostromo @d00d @pjm1 @Downton Mini @susiejb @Manxmaid @ianp5a @Winter and @posiview have expressed an interest but all are welcome.

Let the photography begin.

Last edited:
En Guarde!

25737574274_bb6d6aa57a_b.jpg

Good start to the thread @Sejanus Aelianus, I like the comparison between the single blade and the scissors and the playful (is that the word I am after?) title. I think lighting shiny edges is going to be a big part of this theme.

We have got rock and paper in the list so you may get your chance, besides it's your Takes On the subject so go for it, it would be interesting to see how people approach it.

Nicely done @Sejanus Aelianus, you have captured the essence of the game well.

Hi Chris 'n all .... so this is where all the scissor action is? :cautious:

Do we post on this thread and/or anywhere else?

And how many shots?

What are we waiting for?

No more questions for now.

:woot:

Hi Chris 'n all .... so this is where all the scissor action is? :cautious:
Yep!

Do we post on this thread and/or anywhere else?
Post and discuss in this thread, if you want to post elsewhere feel free

And how many shots?
As many as you like, I am certainly intending to post more than one

What are we waiting for?
For the magic time fairy to defeat the evil time gremlin which keeps stealing all my spare time. In other words it's up to you, you can post photos as you create them or post a set once you have them. I suggest we just feel our way for the first couple of months and then have a look at what works and what doesn't

That brought a smile to my face @Gremlin, love the underwater theme, keep 'em coming (y)

Glad to hear it Chris, I don't take these things too seriously ;)

But don't blame me :( everyone always blames me
pouty-smiley-emoticon.gif

For the magic time fairy to defeat the evil time gremlin which keeps stealing all my spare time.

Yep!

Post and discuss in this thread, if you want to post elsewhere feel free

As many as you like, I am certainly intending to post more than one

For the magic time fairy to defeat the evil time gremlin which keeps stealing all my spare time. In other words it's up to you, you can post photos as you create them or post a set once you have them. I suggest we just feel our way for the first couple of months and then have a look at what works and what doesn't
:ty:

Nice find @posiview, like the composition and my head was all full of sharp shiny things, great to see something that breaks that mould.

I thought that when I read it :) ....I like that Gremlin .....good take on the theme.

Thanks Susie :)

Creative thinking. :)

Cheers, I love Lego ;)

Gotta love figures. I'd like the water BG to cover all the BG

I do (y),
BG is a canvas print I bought cheap in a charity shop for another photo project I was doing a while back, looking at it I do agree with you, next time I'll do my own in PS
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi all ... finally got my first scissor shot shot. :D

A4HU4npc0kddt1Tjz1b8NTcQRGxV3L_VGil8pApUtkav-i2BJm3_PUnOLtnthCk2im1nImmpdeWDrtEKtKhZQdgKMhq642Xy8Y_Z9P_8YmffJSzAPqO0b1AIlXeh4vB9y390Zp4YC2EvDy5KBlSO-CNkz8aIfrrk_GX8RIFBQpEXisQpX8iPz1czYyTTirx73RLV7qm81WqSWQI_gfUCpIgpfksKFkQYYQu5AAp060PwTWQfK7n7GJ1-VAxAP10lF7pJadoZbk5lBYV4JC1MlJcAlcLVe_uVAj7SQSMN63BQAQ-WfFuD8CoAdAfj2n4ENP73xNOM_S5-X9KQQuUmQd3zHFcWmrlLtc5XkbSps0mUp8j7i5Ls-U50SSv3nqSOY7xViJzxaV3BSErQJiCkax_id4jLIvV2cgIS1sw-348DAAeEgXFDdteVaj_T8byi3-TiOybol60bBx1dCwJpkhMbLs6XyRrg2a-lhour5jinMGdJRoOzL0SWq7scQbJapb5kMwXp3lZ8J8XNzeNFM8C2thB-HmUsJ0CQ9-92hiqYxhoYKtuBaT8Qd1pU_P3r7yh3=w1289-h869-no

Well shot @d00d and I like the concept, the light picks out the scissors nicely.

I've got a few more ideas but I' struggling to find time to shoot them, hopefully I'll get them done before the end of the month.

I like those Chris ...the titles definitely add that finishing touch :)

I wanted to get one on here before I start next weeks 52. I had two idea's this is one of them ....the other one I'm not too happy with so I'm going to leave it and try it again. This does look better viewed on Flickr with the black background.

Scissors Ch Tp 2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like those Chris ...the titles definitely add that finishing touch :)

I wanted to get one on here before I start next weeks 52. I had two idea's this is one of them ....the other one I'm not too happy with so I'm going to leave it and try it again. This does look better viewed on Flickr with the black background.Scissors Ch Tp 2016 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Thanks Susie, I think yours is a cracking image, I like the clean elegance of it and the light on the scissors is very well done

Thanks Paul ...I agree bottom of the scissors is too dark isn't it, I should have tried to lift it a bit, but I didn't want to loose the depth of the black elsewhere, plus I was rushing a bit, I might have a look at it again. I've noticed on my iPad it puts a very thin black line around the photo and it looks really nice, it doesn't do that on my computer, I think I'll put one around it, it makes it look much better against the white page.

Thanks Chris, I like this simple type of shot, hopefully I can get my other idea done later today......it's a bit strange but I'm using this as my experimental thread :)

Back