Takes On Scissors (April challenge)

I'm using this as my experimental thread
That's the idea, if I had any hair this is the place I'd be letting it down :) I'm not usually one for borders but I agree that your image looks better with the black background, it's quite interesting to see the difference

Not sure if this one is as intended o_O but I've spent the time doing it so it can go on :)

Well whatever you intended I like that a lot (y)

Not sure if this one is as intended o_O but I've spent the time doing it so it can go on :)
It is a great concept well executed, for me the result is well worth it and as Ingrid says whatever you intended the photo really works. I also like the sense that it might be the black cut away to reveal the sky.

Well whatever you intended I like that a lot (y)

Thank you Ingrid.

It is a great concept well executed, for me the result is well worth it and as Ingrid says whatever you intended the photo really works. I also like the sense that it might be the black cut away to reveal the sky.

That was my intention Chris, I think the idea still has lots of possibilities one of those that's not quite there yet.

It's a bit of an optical illusion I think, when I look a the bottom of the image it looks like looking at sky through the black but when I look at the top it looks like the sky is on top of the black. A very good start and a concept worth developing, well done.

eSV-vb-RgGvmmDJgb4qf83WBe5wqj2R5rR7El1u09otxba8R80jpK4VPOLZYh0RmEAe1xfgJK1KT0lGFURoVfL74MQCIKC7dD09Fbc8iE7akPQXr9Ite8_SdfZriRE3hHadKdKpjkLettxAtkxMkFVgB2U9fUX6V66sIJ_5KN3BhS3cPzy6M0h4KeODueEx16-kmGMIl2qZf3nkfJG2QHxhkiU1USlvJ1AniMn7XA-LS7nwacV6LnfN2IuM4flfQ5_QL-z-S7SVbnTGV5lw0GyuAwKQ0ANhuuETgrR8V3vTPMrXRj1quXwznzv-adyrmOuQk7UQmrhbXbWgWF5tSaNX_EXe8lEaIIm4fzgjTjDkmefluAMCU5f-JZjl3dkmnAbkhtvsRAqNnd12z5jpcgLDQEjIRJZefYBVJmAGutKR0GnuA80Mu00opeybOI2La197c8gBI3Yr1TR0RCGAIsC8N9bu6FTgcojmqpB7kezCFo2piRYr-FPT4fJCvEFzaoh_-tPoNMBU9jTYWglhJjwUegz76gSj4vwy-X8U5UU6ylK1ZK6K0n76UXPdDPzUBvaRo=w975-h869-no

Last edited:
Nice one @d00d, I take it the scissors are actually stuck into the wood? The light and detail on the blades is nicely done.

Thanks Chris ... yes scissors are stuck into the wood ... I did it hand-held ... could be sharper. o_O

Here's another ... the camera was on a tripod but the scissors were hand-held ... trying to get good light reflection and writing in focus when set on manual.

mWIhw_dq6C_vBI0U9VsG4Rh40Yx9ODdwpRpgPf0bQhDS1-XB72U2K57DK-MNFlU6wtIiqfc9BNK1mmSXIqWRh7ROhk_89ZOl6A0RgrjgQSRqIBiLkxm_LGuxzLmtPmFzYXuaDU38jfZMQ6mV-C3ar6Ke8vvM71_W9jVSGoIGLJDwU0_xEByAOLbkb9Xvmh4h4mF16Ja15K4MXKYZKGfLBGaudILiMii7EzmWMhojRKWylggYsTI2perYKhBbGPib8wEaq8LFG0OE-24f30aztqFErndgZhuCVy2tUu4gzFV4slmTd0DD9F_PNxo1nrTGqLOoOJ4PhoQpxvlNgFmmWCYEF1lFNG9bpEiQPoyx9d5fjumKiE2NUDEP0g2ix8_kEpvgFRNnoC_hbdx4mK1RgTOJvkNov20GfCOIjHDYpsqv5omwPrKNQ5lguVGd3a5Cc6QOtQ0K__dT3Tyu0p9CZUN5ouu5hetospEBWIb1rWcAGkFsGvEu89p16um_xBKH3sFsyxm6Pv6W8P_zrgcdbTkpUqf2tqI4WbFDlMyH99MvtCneuwkve6Xks8QrmwARr2gU=w1488-h869-no

Another string image @d00d, the edge of the bottom blade is a bit lost against the background on my monitor but may that is what you wanted. Good light on the blades showing the texture of the steel, could perhaps have done with a little more DoF. I like the crop and position in the frame.

Hi d00d ....I like those two ...... excellent idea with the reflection, I like the bright orange handles and those wooden floorboards (?)

Favourite though is the second one, nice clean lines against the dark background :clap:

Hopefully I'll get one more in before the next topic.

Another string image @d00d, the edge of the bottom blade is a bit lost against the background on my monitor but may that is what you wanted. Good light on the blades showing the texture of the steel, could perhaps have done with a little more DoF. I like the crop and position in the frame.

(y)

yes the tip of the top blade appears a bit OOF doesn't it!

Hi d00d ....I like those two ...... excellent idea with the reflection, I like the bright orange handles and those wooden floorboards (?)

Favourite though is the second one, nice clean lines against the dark background :clap:

Hopefully I'll get one more in before the next topic.

(y)

don't know when we start the next theme, but it's the end of the month tomorrow.

(y)

don't know when we start the next theme, but it's the end of the month tomorrow.

Now I know how @Cobra feels :)

Would posting on the eve of the new month be like opening your Christmas presents on Christmas eve?

I like that a lot @FishyFish and a good idea to use it for more than one project. Good background and use of DoF with highlights picking out all the right details.

Thanks for getting this challenge off the ground Chris I've enjoyed it ......although there's a lot more that went into the bin than ended up on here, it's been good practice :)

You're welcome, I've enjoyed it too. I found it oddly difficult and the time slipped away while I was trying to develop ideas, anyway onwards and upwards to cycling!

Hello Nige & welcome ... scissors are sharp where they need to be;) ... backlighting works well. I hope you're enjoying your G7X, I am.

Omg it's May! Well done, everyone who did the challenge. Some really creative shots here! I'm sorry I didn't submit a photo but the days just get away from you without warning, don't they? :oops: :$ I'm going to have to get better with my time management skills!

Back