Taking too many photos ?

I use burst mode when shooting moving things, its worth it but the work involved in going through all the shots is something I need to lessen, I find it hard to delete shots if I like them yet they wont ever be included in the family album, So my computer is full of photographs I may never really look at or appreciate regularly.
This kind of makes me wonder, I enjoy doing it , I enjoy going out to take photos, but to what end?

I use burst mode when shooting moving things, its worth it but the work involved in going through all the shots is something I need to lessen, I find it hard to delete shots if I like them yet they wont ever be included in the family album, So my computer is full of photographs I may never really look at or appreciate regularly.
This kind of makes me wonder, I enjoy doing it , I enjoy going out to take photos, but to what end?
If you enjoy maybe that’s sufficient end in itself?

If you enjoy maybe that’s sufficient end in itself?
It is, but isnt the art of photography so that others can enjoy your work? Or even that the photographer can enjoy it? I have a few photographs around my house of my kids and one dramatic sunset turned into a poster, perhaps I should start framing more of my shots, print more off and put them into albums, I think this is what I am lacking.

It is, but isnt the art of photography so that others can enjoy your work? Or even that the photographer can enjoy it? I have a few photographs around my house of my kids and one dramatic sunset turned into a poster, perhaps I should start framing more of my shots, print more off and put them into albums, I think this is what I am lacking.
I nearly never print my work, a few of the better images are on Flickr, not many people look.. BUT, I enjoy the process and for me that's all I care about :)

I nearly never print my work, a few of the better images are on Flickr, not many people look.. BUT, I enjoy the process and for me that's all I care about :)
Do you not find it a faff if you want to look through some photos? I miss the pleasure of actually holding an album in my hand and turning pages, like owning vinyl records, its the process of using them rather than the quality they produce that I find enjoyable, I think I need to actually hold a finished product in my hand.

Do you not find it a faff if you want to look through some photos? I miss the pleasure of actually holding an album in my hand and turning pages, like owning vinyl records, its the process of using them rather than the quality they produce that I find enjoyable, I think I need to actually hold a finished product in my hand.
Sometimes I do miss holding it, I reget not printing more from time to time, but I've grown up in a digital age so I think I'm use to images on screens now :LOL:

Back