Tales By Light- Netflix

Thanks very much!

Watched the whole of season 1 back to back. Love how these photographers jump on a plane for a shoot here or there before getting on another plane / boat to shoot somewhere else. That's the job for me!

A whole heap of amazing images :)

Didn't think much of episode one tbh. Second was good and three looks excellent though. Nice find [emoji106]

I agree, episode 1 didn't grip me. Ep. 2 which I've just seen much better. Some stunning locations and great images.

I watched them all back to back in one night! Brilliant!

Watched the whole of season 1 back to back. Love how these photographers jump on a plane for a shoot here or there before getting on another plane / boat to shoot somewhere else. That's the job for me!

A whole heap of amazing images :)
We've had several "pro" photographers give talks at our club, including one of the biggest names in UK landscape photography.

Without exception, they have just been a giant ego trip on how the photog was paid thousands to travel to some exotic location and shoot away.
I have never learned anything about photographic technique from any of them.

Just watching episode 4. Clearly Canon are chucking money at this production, for a 1DX to be so casually trashed!

Is photographic technique the only thing that matters? Perhaps inspiration is equally as important?

Is photographic technique the only thing that matters? Perhaps inspiration is equally as important?

I completely agree, there's only so much technical stuff to learn and sometimes you need to concentrate on making photos rather than taking them.

We've had several "pro" photographers give talks at our club, including one of the biggest names in UK landscape photography.

Without exception, they have just been a giant ego trip on how the photog was paid thousands to travel to some exotic location and shoot away.

You don't bring in the best to talk about the rule of thirds to be fair.....maybe next time you'll be better off going to one that's more your own level?

Last edited:
Maybe I should have said I never learned anything about photography from them.

You don't bring in the best to talk about the rule of thirds to be fair.....maybe next time you'll be better off going to one that's more your own level?
Yes, you're right. Photography to these people is a business and the more money they earn the happier they are.
It's been said that if you want to take more interesting photos then you should stand in front of more interesting subjects.
It appears that, once you have become a big name, people will also pay you lots of money to stand in front of those subjects.
Jealous? - Yes of course I am!

Maybe I should have said I never learned anything about photography from them.

Yes, you're right. Photography to these people is a business and the more money they earn the happier they are.
It's been said that if you want to take more interesting photos then you should stand in front of more interesting subjects.
It appears that, once you have become a big name, people will also pay you lots of money to stand in front of those subjects.
Jealous? - Yes of course I am!

It's does, but it also means that when you're there being paid, you need to deliver no matter what the conditions are.

Being a full time photographer is by far the hardest job I've had - physically, emotionally and mentally. People often don't realise it until they see you up close in action and the romantic notion of being a photographer goes out the window :D

I really enjoyed the series but wish there had more technical stuff. Don't get me wrong the photography was stunning but I guess I want it all LOL

Back