Talk to me about the Fuji X100 series

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
It's possible that On1 Photo Raw does. It not only lets me choose film sims with my X-E2 raws, it even includes Eterna-Cinema, which my X-E2 doesn't have! I'm hoping that a future upgrade will include Eterna Bleach Bypass, Classic Neg, and Acros. I can't say how accurate the On1 results are compared to C1, because I've never used C1, but to my eye they look close enough.

If you'd like to chuck me an RAF, I can give you back copies with Provia, Velvia, Astia, Classic Chrome, Pro Neg Hi, Pro Neg Std, and Eterna-Cinema applied and no other adjustments, so you can see if you want to shell out the £89.48 current price. It's an excellent alternative to Lightroom, especially at that price, but if I say any more you'll start to think I work for them. (I don't.) :)
"Slightly Off Topic"

I've had On1 Photo Raw (2020) on my MacBook Pro for quite some time now and must admit I've only ever used it for viewing and culling snaps and then doing virtually all of my PP in Affinity Photo.

But after reading this post I thought I'd look at a couple of YouTubes on the software and now realize just how powerful this software is. Although I don't use film sims etc, they are all there and the RAW editor is much more powerful than the RAW editor in Affinity. Guess this could be the way I'll be processing my RAW files from now and then exporting them to Affinity to finish them off.

Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
No
Big fan of X Raw Studio. It’s a free download. Try it. I like the fact that you end up with the genuine Fuji Sim. Easy to use, you’re processing the RAW file using the cameras engine. You’ll see the results change on you computer screen as you go. Save your favourite recipes to use again.

OP
EspressoJunkie
Name
Greg
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks for the replies everyone. I’ll give the X-RAW studio a go.
I’ve got a load of C1 ‘film’ Styles I use as a well, but I just thought it was strange, given C1’s Fuji association, that the sims weren’t there.
I suppose it’s a older camera though so I guess it’s understandable.

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks for the replies everyone. I’ll give the X-RAW studio a go.
I’ve got a load of C1 ‘film’ Styles I use as a well, but I just thought it was strange, given C1’s Fuji association, that the sims weren’t there.
I suppose it’s a older camera though so I guess it’s understandable.
X RAW Studio not compatible with the X100T or older models

Marc

Mucky Rims, Clean Layout, New Camera
Staff member
Edit My Images
Yes
X RAW Studio not compatible with the X100T or older models
Or the X100F? Just downloaded it and it won't let me do anything with the images.

Edit: just checked and it is compatible with the F but everything is greyed out and the options on the right hand side do nothing when I click them.

Screenshot 2021-05-08 at 09.01.05.png

Last edited:
Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
No
Or the X100F? Just downloaded it and it won't let me do anything with the images.

Edit: just checked and it is compatible with the F but everything is greyed out and the options on the right hand side do nothing when I click them.

View attachment 317871
Have you imported the images to your computer
It doesn’t work on jpeg
Is the camera connected correctly

Marc

Staff member
Edit My Images
Yes
Have you imported the images to your computer
It doesn’t work on jpeg
Is the camera connected correctly
The raw files were already on my computer, the camera isn't connected

Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
No
The raw files were already on my computer, the camera isn't connected
You need to connect the camera. It uses the cameras processing engine.

Marc

Staff member
Edit My Images
Yes
You need to connect the camera. It uses the cameras processing engine.
Ah, so I need to connect the camera even if I'm processing files already on the computer?

Edit My Images
No
Big fan of X Raw Studio. It’s a free download. Try it. I like the fact that you end up with the genuine Fuji Sim. Easy to use, you’re processing the RAW file using the cameras engine. You’ll see the results change on you computer screen as you go. Save your favourite recipes to use again.
Have you compared the conversions and film simulations to Fuji's other free package, Raw File Converter, which doesn't need the camera?:
I have an X100T, so can't try X Raw Studio.

Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
No
Have you compared the conversions and film simulations to Fuji's other free package, Raw File Converter, which doesn't need the camera?:
I have an X100T, so can't try X Raw Studio.
Just downloaded it for a quick play. Seems pretty good for free software . A bit of a learning curve, but seems quite powerful when you dive in.

ped

Edit My Images
Yes
Just tried XRaw studio and Capture One to develop some shots taken today. I found Craw studio a bit clunky (and it’s a pain having to remove the SD card then plug the camera in). You also can’t straighten images and the exposure/highlight controls are +/- quite big steps.

C1 was faster, the same Fuji sims are there and look exactly the same as far as I can tell and I’m able to straighten shots etc. Also I can leave the SD in the camera.

Both look excellent though, very happy with that. I’m trying to get used to the X100v but it still feels a bit like pointing a computer at something compared to the Epson. I found fave tracking a bit fiddly and have found it most accurate for shots of my fast moving son with centre point focus. Should I give zone and/or tracking focus a go for shots of him? Obviously with my RF I focus, re-compose and click