TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 23/24

I know there is still a game to go for this round, but hats off to Spudgun xi for only having 9 points so far, :oops: :$ and that is a squad with Haaland in.:thinking::LOL:

They may get the points for Haaland, even though he is 3rd choice on the bench if some more chosen players do not play in the last match.

For anyone that does not know, the order one places the players on the bench is important, as that is the order they will be brought off the bench, apart from Goalies, who are a straight swap with each other.

So a minimum of 3 defenders, 2 midfielders, and 1 forward in a team. The maximum numbers are 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 forwards. If you place a defender in 1st position on the bench, he could replace a defender, midfielder or forward, as long as the player that did not play does not take the numbers for that position below the minimum.

For example, if one chose a formation of 4-5-1, if that chosen single forward did not play, they would be replaced with the 1st forward on the bench, in this example, from position 2 on the bench, because the bench would be 1st defender, 2nd forward, and 3rd forward.

For this formation, if a defender or midfielder did not play, that 1st player, the defender, would replace either (depending on that defender on the bench also playing that week;)), and so the formation could stay the same, if replacing a defender, or change to 5-4-1 if replacing a midfielder.

The players on the bench have to have played that week too, to replace the ones that did not. If one of the chosen players did not play, and if none of the players on the bench played, nothing would change, and you would get the zero points for the player(s) that did not play.

I know most probably know that already, but some may not. Choose your bench order wisely. I know I have been caught out before now, and will probably again over this season.

I know, I know...I totally forgot all about it and ended up with Haaland on the bench and an injured (and not playing) Jesus up front! DOH!!

and having just looked my injured and not playing striker was captain!

I know, I know...I totally forgot all about it and ended up with Haaland on the bench and an injured (and not playing) Jesus up front! DOH!!

I thought he was a goalie - after all, Jesus saves...

For anyone that does not know, the order one places the players on the bench is important, as that is the order they will be brought off the bench, apart from Goalies, who are a straight swap with each other.

So a minimum of 3 defenders, 2 midfielders, and 1 forward in a team. The maximum numbers are 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 forwards. If you place a defender in 1st position on the bench, he could replace a defender, midfielder or forward, as long as the player that did not play does not take the numbers for that position below the minimum.

For example, if one chose a formation of 4-5-1, if that chosen single forward did not play, they would be replaced with the 1st forward on the bench, in this example, from position 2 on the bench, because the bench would be 1st defender, 2nd forward, and 3rd forward.

For this formation, if a defender or midfielder did not play, that 1st player, the defender, would replace either (depending on that defender on the bench also playing that week;)), and so the formation could stay the same, if replacing a defender, or change to 5-4-1 if replacing a midfielder.

The players on the bench have to have played that week too, to replace the ones that did not. If one of the chosen players did not play, and if none of the players on the bench played, nothing would change, and you would get the zero points for the player(s) that did not play.

I know most probably know that already, but some may not. Choose your bench order wisely. I know I have been caught out before now, and will probably again over this season.

That is how I always thought it was, position being priority, then position on bench thereafter. In case I was wrong I always played it a bit safe and put them in order of ability, the crappiest player always last.

Looking at mex's team looks likely it'll be Botman and Martinelli that sub in, I think Haaland is unlikely in this case as he's third on bench and the defender and MF before him still form a legit squad, you only need play one striker.

Last edited:
And so the new FF season starts, and first to reach the summit are Woodys Wonders, whoscored 89 points, and are also obviously, the highest scorer of the week. ;) :clap:

Amber Army are just a point behind with 88 points. To The Kloppermost! have 82 in 3rd place. 4th, with 80 points, are Onana what's my name, and King Kangaroo are 5th with 76 points.

The average point score for the week was 64.

There is another Friday evening game this gameweek, and so the deadline for making changes is Fri 18th Aug @18:15.

That is also the deadline for those that have joined the TP Fantasy Football League to post here to make themselves known as members of TalkPhotography. I posted in the first post of this thread that any member of TP could join, as long as they post to confirm that they are a member here.

Any other members here who wish to join have until the same deadline to join, and post that you have joined here.

We have 23 competitors so far, :banana: and hopefully we can retain or improve that number, but unless everyone who has joined posts that they have joined, I will be deleting teams.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW1

1692104075309.jpeg

Having the highest score of the week in the main TP FF League, Woodys Wonders are also first leader of the TP Head2Head league, after beating Klopp Klopp Boom 89-70. They are ahead on accumulated game points in front of Amber Army, who won their H2H with King Kangaroo 88-76. 3rd are Onana what's my name, came out ahead of Medway United 80-65.

4th placed New Oak Utd, who beat Biggin Bangers 75-59, take on leader Woodys Wonders next week.

TP H2H League Results GW1
1692105284585.jpeg
TP H2H League Fixtures GW2
1692105301025.jpeg

TP H2H Table GW1
1692105322905.jpeg

This is another warning to anyone who has joined the TalkPhotography FFL 23/24, that if you have not posted here to say that you have joined this league by Friday 18th Aug @18:15, I will delete your team from the league. This is a competition for members of TalkPhotography, and the only stipulation for joining was to post in this thread to prove that you are a member, and what your team is called. That also have the added benefit of letting everyone know who's team belongs to who, as usernames there may not match usernames here.

Here are what I have so far. The teams of empty spaces in red will be deleted from the league unless they post in this thread to say they have joined, and what their team is called by the deadline above. Atm, we could be going down from 23 to 14. I don't want that to happen.
The league is also still open for any other TalkPhotography members to join, as long as the post in this thread before the above deadline, that they have joined, and what their team is called.

1692106545185.png

This is not looking good so far. :(

Looks like we may be losing a number of players from the league unless people start posting. :rolleyes:

:(

This is unfortunate, especially seeing as some of the non posters were involved in previous seasons, so they know the score! I'd rather not see the league reduced, but fair is fair, they have been warned multiple times now. C'mon lads ... it takes seconds to post your team name here if you see this post

I only lost 3pts by not captaining Haaland last week [I thought Saka had gotten an assist on top of the goal but was wrong, would have actually beaten Haaland with an assist] ... I'm very tempted to gamble again :withstupid:

Last edited:
I only lost 3pts by not captaining Haaland last week [I thought Saka had gotten an assist on top of the goal but was wrong, would have actually beaten Haaland with an assist] ... I'm very tempted to gamble again :withstupid:

I'm going to gamble, I transferred Haaland, although I'm not entirely sure if I could buy him back again ? I fancy 0-0 MCI v NU, and Liverpool are playing Bournemouth and I remember the score last year!! so I decided to go with Gakpo up front. Is there a limit on transfers?

I'm going to gamble, I transferred Haaland, although I'm not entirely sure if I could buy him back again ? I fancy 0-0 MCI v NU, and Liverpool are playing Bournemouth and I remember the score last year!! so I decided to go with Gakpo up front. Is there a limit on transfers?

You get one free transfer, [you can accumulate them by not using them any given week] each thereafter costs you 4pts, but, there is a 'Wild card' - using this you can make as many transfers as you please for free that week - be aware though we only get 2 of these per whole season so I wouldn't blow it just yet. There's also 'free hit' which allows you to make multiple transfers for one game week, your team then reverts to normal once that game week ends. This can be useful for game weeks where many of your original team do not play. The wild card is permanent changes though, once submitted.

This is another warning to anyone who has joined the TalkPhotography FFL 23/24, that if you have not posted here to say that you have joined this league by Friday 18th Aug @18:15, I will delete your team from the league. This is a competition for members of TalkPhotography, and the only stipulation for joining was to post in this thread to prove that you are a member, and what your team is called. That also have the added benefit of letting everyone know who's team belongs to who, as usernames there may not match usernames here.

Here are what I have so far. The teams of empty spaces in red will be deleted from the league unless they post in this thread to say they have joined, and what their team is called by the deadline above. Atm, we could be going down from 23 to 14. I don't want that to happen.
The league is also still open for any other TalkPhotography members to join, as long as the post in this thread before the above deadline, that they have joined, and what their team is called.

View attachment 398488
If you haven’t already done so, would it be worth sending them a PM in case they have not looked at this thread recently?

Well I'm locked in, forgot about the early start this week and I've left Saka as captain once again! I made 2 transfers, Gabriel and Watkins out, Chilwell and Isak in.

If you haven’t already done so, would it be worth sending them a PM in case they have not looked at this thread recently?
Part of the problem is I don't know who some teams belong to, that was part of the point of asking people to post, to prove that they are a member here, and to tell everyone who their team is. I don't know if I could send a message to the members of the league through the Fantasy Football website.

There are some members of the league who have participated in the league in past seasons, but I would have to check previous seasons, and have to match usernames to team names, because most are different. The message in the first post of this thread, to post here stating that they have joined, and what the name of their team was, was partly to negate me having to do that, because I shouldn't have to. I am not asking for a lot.

If I do go back and see who has played before, and who is/was a member, and let them continue, when they have not followed the simple rule that I set out, but also, I would be treating them differently to those who may be a member here, but have not played before.

This is what I am going to do, if I can send members of the league a message on the Fantasy Football League site, I will ask people to post here to say they are a member by the next deadline, and confirm who their team is. If however, there is no mechanism to message people on that site, I will delete from the league all those teams with a red box next to the names above.

And also, some, I think most will have had to see the first post in thread to join, as I think I created new leagues. Only those that played last season can say whether they were added automatically, or followed the links in the first post. And if it is the latter, then everyone who joined will have seen that post.

Last edited:
Part of the problem is I don't know who some teams belong to, that was part of the point of asking people to post, to prove that they are a member here, and to tell everyone who their team is. I don't know if I could send a message to the members of the league through the Fantasy Football website.

There are some members of the league who have participated in the league in past seasons, but I would have to check previous seasons, and have to match usernames to team names, because most are different. The message in the first post of this thread, to post here stating that they have joined, and what the name of their team was, was partly to negate me having to do that, because I shouldn't have to. I am not asking for a lot.

If I do go back and see who has played before, and who is/was a member, and let them continue, when they have not followed the simple rule that I set out, but also, I would be treating them differently to those who may be a member here, but have not played before.

This is what I am going to do, if I can send members of the league a message on the Fantasy Football League site, I will ask people to post here to say they are a member by the next deadline, and confirm who their team is. If however, there is no mechanism to message people on that site, I will delete from the league all those teams with a red box next to the names above.

I agree, you really shouldn't have to go chasing, they had time to get the link for the league and time to go create a new team, they surely have time to check back and post the relevant info. Sadly it looks like we won't have that highest number of players to date league, but I also agree with you that we don't want to potentially be losing to players who don't even use the forum. It is, after all, the TP specific league.

Last edited:
And also, some, I think most will have had to see the first post in thread to join, as I think I created new leagues. Only those that played last season can say whether they were added automatically, or followed the links in the first post. And if it is the latter, then everyone who joined will have seen that post.
Good points

I only joined TalkPhotography so I could be part of the fantasy league. I don’t even own a camera :)

Last edited:

Wow! you really went and did 32pts worth of transfers!?? That's a major set back from the off. I guess my post earlier was too late? you could have done all that without penalty using the Wildcard

Wow! you really went and did 32pts worth of transfers!?? That's a major set back from the off. I guess my post earlier was too late? you could have done all that without penalty using the Wildcard
I just found that out the hard way ffs.

Your first 3pts will clear that and then you'll build back up from there, gonna be some climb though!
I have a long ladder my Friend. On the plus side I can’t go much lower.

Yeah, this aint going too well for me atm ... that wild card already looking tasty - My Man Utd Mid that I felt would be strong ... has been the biggest waste of funds

I'm having a good week so far. I had Mitoma and Estupiñán score and set one up for each other for Brighton. Mbeumo got two for Brentford. :) Let down by Haaland as Captain, but that will probably not happen that often. ;)

Hopefully some more points from the Monday night Palace v Arsenal game. One player from each team, though Gabriel only came on late last week, and I only got one point for him. Fingers crossed plays from the start, or doesn't play if Arsenal lose big. ;):LOL:

I'm having a good week so far. I had Mitoma and Estupiñán score and set one up for each other for Brighton. Mbeumo got two for Brentford. :) Let down by Haaland as Captain, but that will probably not happen that often. ;)

Hopefully some more points from the Monday night Palace v Arsenal game. One player from each team, though Gabriel only came on late last week, and I only got one point for him. Fingers crossed plays from the start, or doesn't play if Arsenal lose big. ;):LOL:

There's always some 'coulda, woulda' when the season starts, I had Mbeumo in my earlier draft but last minute swapped him out for Almiron [who has done nothing!] - that 6.5m mid slot had so many options.

I can only hope now that Saka delivers once again, making my decision to keep him captain solid. Even then I am well behind this week, I blew so much on the 2 main United Mids [again, instead of more stable 6.5m offerings] and that is what has me really considering that early Wild! ... do I hang tight?, or take the gamble before prices bump? ... all part of this addictive game of course (y)

There's always some 'coulda, woulda' when the season starts, I had Mbeumo in my earlier draft but last minute swapped him out for Almiron [who has done nothing!] - that 6.5m mid slot had so many options.

I can only hope now that Saka delivers once again, making my decision to keep him captain solid. Even then I am well behind this week, I blew so much on the 2 main United Mids [again, instead of more stable 6.5m offerings] and that is what has me really considering that early Wild! ... do I hang tight?, or take the gamble before prices bump? ... all part of this addictive game of course (y)
For what it's worth, there is absolutely no way I'd be wildcarding if I had your team. It's basically solid, and you've identified the players that need to go yourself (Almiron and Bruno) I'd just be looking to move them on, I'd do it one at a time, but I'm sure you'd do it in the same week

For what it's worth, there is absolutely no way I'd be wildcarding if I had your team. It's basically solid, and you've identified the players that need to go yourself (Almiron and Bruno) I'd just be looking to move them on, I'd do it one at a time, but I'm sure you'd do it in the same week
Yeah I didn't 'want' to do anything drastic but already prices on performing players are rising, I think there's a definite argument for using it early after some of my priciest players have done naff all over 2 gameweeks. It obviously doesn't mean my team will be much better, but we do now have early indications as to who might actually do well over the coming weeks. If I don't use it I'll end up doing 3 transfers at least, losing more points, early as it is we know how quickly you can fall behind in this. Also, saving it never guarantees it'll do you any better.

I think I posted it here, but just before the deadline I had to completely rehaul my team as initially I had Kane, Salah and Haaland and what seemed like not a bad bunch besides. I only seen the Kane news the eve before, and I feel I threw it together a bit from there, wasn't especially happy going in.

Afaik we do get a second wild card around Christmas?

The triple cap/bench boost and free hit, IMO are more vital to hold. I see some have already used their triple cap

Last edited:
Woodys Wonders(40) stint at the top was short lived, for now, and they drop to 4th place. Amber Army(56) move up a position to top spot. Onana what's my name(60) move up to 2nd from 4th. Klopp Klopp Boom(61) move from 7th > 3rd. I had a good week with 60 points, and move up from 8th > 5th.

Highest scorer of the week was Klopp Klopp Boom with 61 points. :clap:

The average point score for the week was 44.

There is another Friday night game, and so the deadline for making changes is Fri 25th Aug @18:30.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW2

1692723329177.jpeg

Week 2, and in the Head2Head league we only have 5 who are unbeaten.

Amber Army are the new leader after winning their H2H against Medway United 56-48. Onana what's my name beat horspath hounds 60-32, and move in 2nd place. Despite winning their H2H against New Oak Utd 40-33, last week's leader, Woodys Wonders are now 3rd. I won my H2H against Biggin Bangers 60-32, and move up a position to 4th. Last unbeaten teams, in 5th place, are Banished to Riyadh, came out ahead of Hardly Athletic 58-49.

I take on leader Amber Army next week! :oops: :$ Pity it wasn't this week. ;):LOL: 2nd and 5th go H2H too, as Onana what's my name and Banished to Riyadh go up against each other. At least 2 of the 5 unbeaten teams will lose next week. ;)

TP H2H League Results GW2
1692725743833.jpeg
TP H2H League Fixtures GW3
1692725754121.jpeg
TP H2H Table GW2
1692725772356.jpeg

I have not been able to send a message to members of the FF League, so unless I hear from any members who have not posted their team name, and show that they are a member here, I will delete those marked in red in the previous post above.

I have not been able to send a message to members of the FF League, so unless I hear from any members who have not posted their team name, and show that they are a member here, I will delete those marked in red in the previous post above.

I really don't get it, they had to see your original post with the link to join the new league, and looks like they had plenty of time to do a draft and also some that I checked made transfers for GW2! so they have been active online - but they haven't the decency to check back and follow the rules. Unfortunate, it'll cut the league to 14 players but at least we'll know everyone's legit from here

Back