TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 23/24

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone, for anyone interested, I am starting a TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League for the 23/24 season.

There are two leagues, the Standard fantasy football league, and the Head 2 Head league. You can choose to join one or both. :)

The standard league is where your team accumulates points each week, and the person with the most points wins at the end of the season. If you have not played before, and have any questions, please ask.

The Head 2 Head league pits two teams in the TalkPhotography Head 2 Head league against each other each week, and points are gained from the encounter, which are added up over the season to give a winner at the end. Imho, it adds a little more interest each week, as no matter where you are in the standard league, you only have to get more points that your H2H opponent to get points.

The Head 2 Head will automatically close for entries after the deadline for the first game, which is Fri 11th Aug @18:30.

I shall close entries to the standard league at the deadline for the 2nd gameweek, which is Sat 19th Aug @13:30. This is to give a chance to those who may not realise the season started the extra week to join. The reason for not keeping the standard league open for the whole season, is to stop people joining later, who may come in automatically leading the league, and upsetting league members. There will be over a month to join from the posting of this thread. But I advise anyone to join early, rather than take the chance of forgetting to join. ;)

Because these are TalkPhotography leagues, people joining need to be members here, and I ask anyone who joins to post in this thread to say they have joined, and what name and team name they will be using.

If I can't verify that you are a member of TalkPhotography, I shall remove people from the leagues. There are thousands of FF leagues to join, and this one is for TalkPhotography members.

Any questions, please ask. :)

Joining the league couldn't be easier. Simply use the link(s) below, and you'll be added automatically after you signed in, or created an account, and you will have joined the league(s).

Standard League Link

Head 2 Head League Link

Hi there,

I have joined both leagues this year. The team is Medway United and the name is medwaygreen, Richard Morcombe.

Many thanks.

Richard.

Thank you for setting it up :) just joined

Back for another go this year just hope for a better start.

Im in Biggin Bangers!

Only £2m! I could only afford Haaland and 14 bench warmers.

I'm seriously contemplating NOT starting with Haaland ... but I know that's a mistake ... right? I hate that he's such an auto-include, he's that good! the rest is like tossing pancakes, will they hit the pan ... or the floor! :ROFLMAO:

It would be nice to get 20+ in the league, we have 16 atm - For anyone who feels they don't know the game/players enough to give it a go, on the FPL site you can find preset teams that might not be a bad place to start off. You will get to know the players and the who's who as the season progresses, you only need check in 1-2 times per week to check on your team and see who's worth investing in. I'll be honest, I had no interest let alone knowledge in the Premier league before I started playing this [apart from I would do a few small footy bets on a weekend] I don't follow any specific team but just being involved in the league over the past few seasons has givien me enough knowledge that I can now chat footy with the lads in work or in the pub :D Often knowing more stats on players than long term footy fans do, I love when that happens they think I have some insider info lol, yeah I do ... the FPL site stats and just following my players :D

Just joined the standard league - Spudgun xi

I'm seriously contemplating NOT starting with Haaland ... but I know that's a mistake ... right? I hate that he's such an auto-include, he's that good! the rest is like tossing pancakes, will they hit the pan ... or the floor! :ROFLMAO:
Yes it's a mistake!

I hate it too, he's a must have, and more or less a permanent captain, which reduces the game to a 10 player game, as everyone (well, except you) has him. I wish they'd priced him at something like £18m, which would have made it a more difficult decision to have him or not!

Like it or not, Haaland is a phenom, and there is no one else atm who may get close to him. Injury to him aside, it would take a good mix of other players playing at the top of their game week in week out to get close to his points.

Sooner he moves on to Real the better. ;) :LOL:

Judging by last season, I think I have a good squad, but form changes so dramatically each year for many mid level players. And like Arsenal last season, a team playing well raises almost all their players scores, and Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs being the opposite of that. Until the season starts, last season is the only guide to potential form, and Haaland was top of the tree. and Arsenal, Man City, Newcastle and Brighton were where a lot of points came from.

It will be interesting to see if Brighton can stay at the level they were after losing players again. I hope they do.

I always think I have a decent starting squad until 2 rounds in :ROFLMAO: .... but, I do feel I'm almost there, at least for my personal prefered starting 15, the changes I'm making on the go have slowed up a lot, which is a sign I feel I'm getting there :)

Just ripped mine up and started again.... Too many risky players that I'd convinced myself would be sound for playing time... Which aren't!!!

Well ... there was me thinking my team was wrapped up nicely ... and then there's footy news :rolleyes:

Another shake up it is then!

That makes it 23 in the main league! Is that the most to date? 16 in the H2H which evens it out nicely :)

Just over an hour to go folks for any last minute changes - GL all for the season ahead

[edit] That was tough! the site kept crashing on me when I tried to make some last minute transfers :/ not even sure if it registered my final ones as when I refreshed last time I got in it reverted my changes, re-made them so can just hope they went through as can't get in at all now.

Last edited:
Last minute change for me when early man city team news leaked....

Good luck folks

Last minute change for me when early man city team news leaked....

Good luck folks

What was news? I only have Haaland from City, but I did go brave and hand captaincy to Saka for this week, hoping Hal will have a slow start ... as if :ROFLMAO: but I like to go against the grain now and then :)

I had to do some drastic changes last night after seeing Kane was leaving, had already shifted my squad about a LOT trying to fit him in, so that was a thing! I decided not to go with Salah too, opting for an across the line strong mid as I think I will oft go for a 3-5-2 set, depending on how things pan out, always liked a strong mid.

[edit] - I see it now, KDB starting, Stones not ... I was tempted by KDB for the price [fits right between Salah and Rashford] , but city mix things up every other game, think the only guarantee is big H up front

Last edited:
[edit] - I see it now, KDB starting, Stones not ... I was tempted by KDB for the price [fits right between Salah and Rashford] , but city mix things up every other game, think the only guarantee is big H up front
That and Foden starting ahead of Grealish. I've brought Foden in, but it will only be for a short period I'm sure, before Pep ruins it!!!

It looks like we have one of our largest list of entries here this season. :)

However, in the first post I said this a Fantasy Football League for TalkPhotography members, and when people joined, to post that they had joined, and what the name of their team was. I have just been through this thread, and we are missing quite a few names.

Just like the deadline to join is Sat 19th Aug @13:30, and anyone else is welcome as long as they follow the guidelines in post 1 of this thread, those who have not yet posted that they have joined, and what the name of their team is also have until that deadline to post.

I would not like to be competing, and likely being beaten by, people who are not members of TalkPhotography in the TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League. I don't think it is much to ask. ;)

Here's what I have so far, feel free to post to add your name to a team. :) And before anyone says such and such was here last season, or the season before, it is the same rule for everyone, post to say you've joined, and what your team is called.

TeamTP Name
The Chosen Onesredhed17
Amber ArmyManxmaid
Square balls.
Fat Wallet FC
Filan Town
horspath hounds
Dorchtog
Spudgun ximex
YoYo Utd
Biggin BangersFlossyrockstar
To The Kloppermost!
Banished to Riyadhbemcsa
Tarric's Tot'starric
Onana what's my nameIanC
King Kangaroolekhangaroo
New Oak UtdCagey75
Hardly Athletic
Medway Unitedmedwaygreen
Woodys WondersAllan.H
Klopp Klopp Boompopcorn
Penfold's DangermicePenfold711
WIRE TOWNcanonrebel
Mrs Smith’s Boys

Last edited:
AH! I didn't even notice people weren't reporting in - get on it peoples!

Saka to shine tomorrow!

Saka to shine tomorrow!

Maybe not 'shine' [another goal or assist would have shone] but he did enough to make my gamble not so embarrassing! (y) Still not the best start but I do have 3 United players to go

[edit] I was slightly premature on that, just after posting they added in the bonus points, I had wondered why Saka didn't get so much - tops me up a little :)

Last edited:
Of all the sides chosen, only 2 didn't select Haaland....and those 2 are bottom (me) and 2nd from bottom........pick the bugger next week me thinks.

Of all the sides chosen, only 2 didn't select Haaland....and those 2 are bottom (me) and 2nd from bottom........pick the bugger next week me thinks.

I was tempted not to, I really don't like that he's a must-have or fail option, it takes from the game I feel. I did at least try something different and not give him captaincy, but even then it leaves you points behind even if your captain does pretty good [In this case Saka scored and had an assist for me, still lags behind Haaland as captain this week] - they 'have' to be impressive or it's not going to go well.

Last edited:
Back