Tamron 35mm f1.4 SP Discontinued

Edit My Images
Yes
I’ve been waiting for quite a while for a new Tamron 35mm 1.4 for Canon , Park cameras have been keeping me updated and unfortunately informed me yesterday that the lens has been discontinued
They wasn’t sure why
Such a shame I was looking forward to using this apparently awesome lens
Luckily I was able to find a decent second hand one at WEX last night , looking forward to it arriving
Gutted though would have loved a new one especially as I keep my lenses a long time , it is puzzling why it’s been discontinued, maybe they just aren’t selling many lenses in EF mount

I suspect the 3rd party manufacturers will gradually reduce support for the older DSLR mounts, as they move to produce lenses for the current mirrorless mounts (or not, for Canon, who are being quite restrictive on 3rd party lenses for their new mount I believe).

I suspect the 3rd party manufacturers will gradually reduce support for the older DSLR mounts, as they move to produce lenses for the current mirrorless mounts (or not, for Canon, who are being quite restrictive on 3rd party lenses for their new mount I believe).
Yes you’re right about that and unfortunately there’s nothing as good in the Canon RF mount as the Tamron

Tamron have been removing many excellent dslr lenses from their catalogue for several years including the sublime sp90 f017

Tamron have been removing many excellent dslr lenses from their catalogue for several years including the sublime sp90 f017
Ahh I see, Tamron were saying in their promotional releases that this lens was their sharpest ever lens

It doesn’t say anything about the 35 1.4 being discontinued on Tamrons website but I’ve no reason to doubt the retailers information, certainly my order was on backorder since just after Christmas and all the UK supplier’s I have found haven’t had stock for a while

Well they have limited production resources so presumably they are switching to the latest and greatest mirrorless lenses. They have so many new models for Sony, Nikon, Fuji that producing high end lenses for Canon is a waste when no one is investing into EF mount glass.

It doesn't make much sense to keep producing these for a dead end format. It doesn't make existing copies any worse. This is a really good one that should serve for years to come.
I am actually surprised tamron doesn't have any equivalents in e or z mounts, just budget zooms and mega zooms.

There are excellent sigma art 35mm f1.2 and 1.4 in e mount; nothing for RF obviously and don't see it changing any time soon. Ef glass works just fine and after that I am moving elsewhere!

It doesn't make much sense to keep producing these for a dead end format. It doesn't make existing copies any worse. This is a really good one that should serve for years to come.
I am actually surprised tamron doesn't have any equivalents in e or z mounts, just budget zooms and mega zooms.

There are excellent sigma art 35mm f1.2 and 1.4 in e mount; nothing for RF obviously and don't see it changing any time soon. Ef glass works just fine and after that I am moving elsewhere!
Yes pleased I was able to get one in the end , plan is to keep it a long time , once I’m happy with a lens I keep it long term
This one seems decent, sharp on a quick test will give it a proper test

Back