Tattoos.....who's got them

Name
Storm Trooper
Edit My Images
Yes
Had my second tattoo about 22years after my first :D. My brother has many many many tattoos and has always been asking when my next one will be. Finally came up with a rough idea and gave my thoughts to Lauris at Twisted Fate Doncaster and this is what he came up with, around 5.75hrs done on Tuesday.

New Tattoo
by Scott, on Flickr

Wow that's some Tattoo :) - not got any myself, but always amazes me what some Tattooists can produce - been watching Tattoo fixers previously and amazed at what they can do - and what crap there is out there !!!

Sat there for 5.75 hrs - that's dedication, hope it's not too sore...

He put something on to numb it after about 4 hours, it was the constant wiping over that caused the most discomfort over the last hour.

FWIW, local anaesthetics help reduce the pain but can also inhibit healing due to the reduced blood flow they can cause, If possible, endure the discomfort - it's part of the journey.

Got a few tattoos, all hidden when I'm wearing pants and a T-shirt. My last tattooist of choice got evicted for not paying rent but I do want more! Oldest is about 35 years old and latest are a couple.

My first one was chosen in a window at Scarborough, this one was designed specifically for me. You can see the time and effort put into the design before I got anywhere near a needle. I didn't ask for the numbing stuff, it's just something they do after so many hours. A girl behind me had it several times along with many fag breaks.

I have ten. Back and upper arms and I have the inner gatefold of Aladdin Sane the length of my outer right thigh. Got a few ideas for some more too.

I've got 8. Planning my 9th.

I have 5 but I only like one, the rest are awful that I had done very young!

My eldest has just started his full sleeve and he's doing it the right way and working with the tattooist on each design.

I have ten. Back and upper arms and I have the inner gatefold of Aladdin Sane the length of my outer right thigh. Got a few ideas for some more too.

I've got 8. Planning my 9th.

I have 5 but I only like one, the rest are awful that I had done very young!

My eldest has just started his full sleeve and he's doing it the right way and working with the tattooist on each design.

We need pics or you haven't got any :p

I have a few and my most expensive one (pro tattooist) that goes from shoulder to elbow of a naked women cost 6 quid... which gives you an idea how long ago haha

How do you get rid of crap early ones without getting them inked over?
:(

Depends how big, you can have laser but I think there are issues, or skin colour tattoo.
I want mine re inked, it'll happen one day I guess

About 4"x3" and 3"x3"
Just so old fashioned and puny looking things... Over 40 years old now.
Them not me :(

Ive got one, a small swallow on my arm. Had it done several decades ago and now faded.

Same here, Pete. My first tat was a swallow, on my forearm. Got it done at `Jimmy's` in Blackpuddle over 40 yrs ago, £2.50.
Had a few more since (some to cover the quink/Indian ink selfies)

I also watch Tattoo Fixers on tv & they really are good artists. Everytime I see it I think about getting another.

We need pics or you haven't got any :p

I keep meaning to get a little collage together of all of mine. Might make that my New Year's resolution

I was speaking to a couple of tattoosits about a month ago and they said they just cant watch programmes like tattoo fixers.. it's a sham and not lieke they show it...... personally i think there great telly haha :)

Watched a couple of episodes recently. A girl comes on from Donny and I thought oh dear....It was something to do with Keith lemon on her butt, luckily it was a nice one....

One thing those of us with old tatttoos can warn you about is small writing... ours is mush now and unreadable.. if your going to get writing get it a decent size...

Never been keen on writing but some of the larger script I've seen looks very good, when spelt right. Some of the stories showing miss spelt ones are shocking.

Never been keen on writing but some of the larger script I've seen looks very good, when spelt right. Some of the stories showing miss spelt ones are shocking.

the cockney girl this week with writing on her chest... complete rubbish original tatooist

Mine are over 40 yrs old and unreadable.. but there part of picture tatoos so doesnt look too odd :)

Always fancied getting a tat but never could find an image that meant enough for me to have it permanently erm tattooed onto my body.

Holy thread revival....tattoo time again, finally after initially being booked in around April a pin up girl on my forearm. Crap phone picture and about 2 hours since finished, well nearly finished, just need to go back for some background shading when its healed.

20200903_195252.jpg

Biggest regret I've ever had is getting them below the elbow.

When you're in corporate sales trying to pull off a big deal with a stuffy old fashioned IT director, they don't help at all..... But I had a life before I was "corporate"....

I'm ex Royal Navy and have them all over my arms and chest. They were really great when I was a teenager and into my early twenties.

I'm in my sixties now and have regretted having them done for over forty years. The ones I had on my hands were removed by laser twenty years ago - I'd have had them removed much sooner, but it was far too expensive.

I was only tempted once when I was younger. I loved reading about the history of the Roman Empire and was tempted to have SPQR tattooed on my upper arm. When I asked a guy how much it cost he mentioned he hadn’t come across a Queens Park Ranger supporter before. He must have been a bit dyslexic.Anyhow, that put me totally off the idea.
LOL !

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky
Back