Techno-Geek's Daily Photo Diary (Mood = Very Good)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techno-Geek

Boring
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
365banner.jpg

Catch up list
Day 1 - 1st September

I would like to thank everyone that has commented on my progress so fare. As this is also another way for me to see my progress in photography

I just need to get my creative hat on now :D

Tony (y)

Last edited:
The depth of focus in the second is very good ... (y) ... and crisp front to back ... ;)

Must admit these are the first shots of Snettisham I have seen without birds in ... :D

:p

What, hang on. let me get my breath back.

Dam i am shocked now, i thought i was going to get wronged

They was taken hand held aswell :)

Not at all ... :cautious: ... although the second is clearly the best of the bunch because it is exposed well, has an interesting composition and as I have said is sharp throughout ... :D ... and if it was hand held then you have done a good job ... (y)

The other two do not have the same impact though imhgo ... :shrug:

I messed up on the first one big time, my legs was starting to ack from standing up so was shaking abit sort of thing.

My model one turned out good, should i add them to this thread instead of making a new one? Or that could cause confusion

Nicely done T-G. And always good to see a pub shot!

Thank you Tooler, they are really nice people in the pub

I might go back in there tomorrow and see if i can get more of the bar and that

Does anyone think i am improving on my photography skills? I think i am anyway

But i want to see if anyone can see if i am by them shots :)

I am now taking notice of your posts to see how you're getting on. From the last set of shots I saw posted by you, these are certainly an improvement.

Keep it up mate. (y)

Why thank you mate, that has got to be the best comment i have ever got about my photographs.

(y)

EDIT: Or are you drunk and seeing a blonde there? :D

I agree with the others, but I sort of quite like no. 1 too. Its a technique I've used before on walls and railings. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. You've not quite got it spot on because of the lamp post.

Photos taken in pubs always look better at the time and then when you look at them the next day, they seem less good. That's the case with the beer mat. Think a bit more about the composition - you've got distractions at the top - the chairs and the other beer mat. A crop may have been better.

Technically they're all fine (except the sky's blown in #3 because you've metered for the black sign, I guess)

Good set, though

I like these. No 2 is my favourite and I like the creative head you had on taking all these shots. Keep on keeping on Tony (y)

Thanks mobilevirgin & Duckydoodle (y)

I am going back there now to see if i can do any better seeing that i am up early :D

Is it cold out does anyone know? hehe

Tony (y)

Will it be alright if i used this as my day to day picture thing?

Like post up the things i take from the day so people can see if i am still progressing?

Thanks

TG

Well I'm not Admin of course ... :cautious: ... but as a similar thing happens on many posts in the past I really cannot see anyone objecting to this approach TG ... :shrug: ... at least you will have your images in a single place for others to review and comment on your progress ... ;)

I am sure if I am not on the money here others will stick their oar in ... sorry ... put me straight ... ;)

Go for it I say ... :D

Thank you for the speedy reply Venomator (y)

Right, most go out now while the wheather is nice

Wish me luck :D

Tony

Day 1 continued

Number 1

IMAGE LINK BROKE
Took this aswell

Not best pleased with this, with the blown-highlights but i will post it anyway seeing that i want to have something to look back on and say "Well that was out of focus, lets go and try it again" sort of thing.

I will more than likely do that for every photo i get out of focus :)

Last edited:
Day 2

Number 1

IMAGE LINK BROKE
This bench looked nice just sitting there all by itself, and the tree really did it for me.

What you think guys?​

Last edited:
Not too bad at all.

I like your compositions but find the 30mph sign in 1 a bit distracting. However No.3 is a very nice pic indeed.

Try a crop losing the sky altogether TG - sorts out the issue of the sign nicely and also loses the blown sky! ;)

That Black & white shot is nice - you could get away with giving the contrast a bit of a boost too - try having a play with Dodging and burning to add a bit more punch.

Well done - you';re coming along nicely, I would say! :)

There you go, i have added another picture and i will remove the one's i don't like the best when i have heard some comment :D

What do you think of them three?

TG (y)

TG. From viewing some of your other images this set I feel is improvment, you seemed to have grasped Contrast, Sharpness, comp and the subject .although there is need to not over expose as this shows in your skies.
I would feel that the pub is worth another visit, and if the landlord is ok, you could find some interesting shots.
Good luck...

Thanks Rocket (y)

I will try to go back to the pub tomorrow (HAHA thanks for giving me the "something to do" to say why i am going over the pub :D

Tony (y)

Hi Tony, they are definitely improving. I think you are now understanding the rule of thirds. You do however need to find some more interesting subjects to take photos of.
Maybe in the pub you could look out for some real characters and then take some candid shots of them.

Thank You (y)

I will now try harder getting more intresting subjects (y)

Tony

Day 3

Number 1

IMAGE LINK BROKE
There he is, my lovely Mutters. I think this is the best photo i have of mutley i really like it

It is boring taking photos in the garden and house now, going to start to get out more (y)

Last edited:
Not a bad one of the doggy!

Yep. I agree, nice shot TG. Cute dog too - do you know what bread he is? (He looks a bit like our beloved hound, but not even the vet is sure exactly "mix" he is!) :love:

My only suggestion would be to try getting a bit lower when photographing your dog - it can produce some great results.

Keep it up!(y)

Hovis Best of Both I reckon :D

:LOL::LOL: I think you're right Joe! (Not sure ours is "best" of anything though, bless 'im, but we love him to bits!) :D

Got any more of your dog TG?

He is a jack russel, he is very quick but doesn't stop eating the grass :)

Thanks for the comment guys (y)

UPDATE:

I have now added a photo of both of our dogs to my days photographs, not good technically photo but that was all i could get to have got them both facing side by side

Oops, i was mucking about in Photobucket and had removed one of the photos i had on here so had to root though and get a copy of it to replace it. All done now (y)

(y)

Day 5

Number 1

IMAGE LINK BROKE
Today wasn't a really good day for me taking photos, i had to many people to see. But did have a laugh of a day, really good.​

Last edited:
Day 6

Number 1

IMAGE LINK BROKE
Number 1 - I took a ride down to where my dad was fixing his car today and he said get a photo of engine why it was apart so i did and that is what i come up with

TL​

Last edited:
Day 7

Number 1

IMAGE LINK BROKE
Number 1 - Is from just over the park from where i live, the park entrance don't really look like a part because it down the side of a building. Just see this and i thought it would be good to take a photo of because it is not something i did before.

Tl​

Last edited:
love number 1 (day 7), it leads you through the picture so well(y)

i keep thinking i should do something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back