Teleconvertors?

Edit My Images
No
Could someone give me some advice with regarding Teleconvertors?

Any brands that anyones recommends? Or any particular magnification?

Im using a Nikon D60, and pondering on adding one to the lenses that i have.

Many thanks

The best piece of advice I can give you, with the lenses you have is.....don't bother with a tc one either of them, the 18-55 is too slow and too short for one to work, and the 55-200 is just too slow. Save your money (or sell your 55-200) and invest in a 70-300 VR instead :)

The best piece of advice I can give you, with the lenses you have is.....don't bother with a tc one either of them, the 18-55 is too slow and too short for one to work, and the 55-200 is just too slow. Save your money (or sell your 55-200) and invest in a 70-300 VR instead :)

TC won't work with your 18-55mm as suggested. Nikon do make good TC and would recommend staying with that brand, but remember by adding a TC onto what is already a slow lens, you lose an extra f-stop of light and autofocus (with canon its f5.6 unless you have a 1D series camera, then it's f8), not sure with Nikon.

Just to re-iterate what Pete said; you'll lose 1 stop at 1.4x and 2 stops for a 2x TC. Also, depending on your model compatibility (Nikon will have a chart somewhere) you may keep your AF ability at 1.4x but almost certainly will only have MF when using a 2x.

Hope that helps.

Just to re-iterate what Pete said; you'll lose 1 stop at 1.4x and 2 stops for a 2x TC. Also, depending on your model compatibility (Nikon will have a chart somewhere) you may keep your AF ability at 1.4x but almost certainly will only have MF when using a 2x.

Hope that helps.

The 55-200 is at 5.6 already at the long end, adding a tc is total waste of time and money

Great, thanks for the replies. I think ill look into getting the 70-300mm lens!

Time to save up.

cheers!

Instead of buying a TC - walk 5 paces forward, and shoot from there!

Back