Tesco gave me a voucher

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Tesco gave me a voucher for £1.89 as apparently I could have bought my shopping elsewhere for £1.89 less
I asked where she said Asda, Morrisons or Sainsbury's
I said thanks very much I'll be shopping there next week then :LOL:
Struck me as a stupid idea

If you do shop elsewhere then you'll lose the £1.89. The idea is so you don't overspend having gone to Tesco. I haven't had a voucher in months, I keep getting the ones telling me how much I saved.

Go to the others and you will get their version of exactly the same thing.

Think you are missing the point slightly!

the fact that it was cheaper to shop at the competition that's what struck me as a stupid idea
I hate vouchers anyway I'd sooner they just kept all the vouchers and just knocked it off
How many people keep and use these vouchers that'll be why they do them

You are all missing the point. Get your shopping delivered so you don't have to rub shoulders with people from the Jeremy Kyle show.. maybe that's just our Tesco.

Only the stupid simply discard the vouchers - THAT's why they issue them! We usually end up with the slips telling us how much we've saved by shopping at our usual supermarket but that's often because we bulk buy when there are special offers that we can use.

I think everyone is missing my point roflol

Not really, the point being made is that all the supermarkets do this voucher scheme for what they consider a "price match". I got one for around £3 from Saintsbury's last week.

Only the stupid simply discard the vouchers - THAT's why they issue them! We usually end up with the slips telling us how much we've saved by shopping at our usual supermarket but that's often because we bulk buy when there are special offers that we can use.

Some of us have more important things on our minds in life that some more vouchers :LOL:

I don't always keep mine, or use them within the date. £1.89, I'd use but I just seem to get loads for around 6p :)
Maybe if they had a specific bin for those, and donated the amount to charity? A load of 6, 4, 9p's would soon add up :)

Some of us have more important things on our minds in life that some more vouchers :LOL:
Right, but you care about another supermarket being under 2 quid cheaper?

I guess you shop at tesco because it's closest maybe? Would you spend that saving on fuel going to the alternative?

Use the voucher, get the difference back. Simples.

Don't tell my Wife that :eek: :cautious:

She loves her vouchers, and in fairness we have some great days out, cracking deals on meals etc. Fab cheap getaway breaks, let alone cheap shopping! (y)

Don't tell my Wife that :eek: :cautious:

She loves her vouchers, and in fairness we have some great days out, cracking deals on meals etc. Fab cheap getaway breaks, let alone cheap shopping! (y)
Think how much more you'd have saved if you didn't pay for that cheap break or dinner out :LOL:
My x wife used to love these type of deals
I think I should go to the new DFS sale tomorrow roflol

Use it.....Don't use it....What's the issue exactly?

Off to sainsbury's now I have some vouchers to use up oh the excitement

Well according to Sainsbury my shop was £3.52 cheaper so if I had gone to tesco with my £1.82 voucher I'd have been worse off it appears

Well according to Sainsbury my shop was £3.52 cheaper so if I had gone to tesco with my £1.82 voucher I'd have been worse off it appears

You'd have got another voucher for £3.52.

You'd have got another voucher for £3.52.

we will never know
I could go to tesco tomorrow and see if that is true

Just noticed I get a free Birds eye plate if I visit the nectar site and enter the code on my voucher
I can't contain myself lol

Last edited:
You are all missing the point. Get your shopping delivered so you don't have to rub shoulders with people from the Jeremy Kyle show.. maybe that's just our Tesco.

Funny you should say that. The Sister in law bumped into Jeremy today at Tesco`s petrol station in Bracknel :LOL:

That's Morrisons in our local town not the Tesco
We now have an M+S for the high class Cheshire Torries

I shop at Asda as it's the closest (by a fair way) supermarket to me.

For the last 18 months or so they've actively encouraged customers to enter their receipt details into their price check website. If selected items aren't 10% cheaper than their nearest competitor you can print off a voucher for the difference to redeem against your next shop.

I've had one voucher for over £9, several for £3-£5 and lots for a couple of quid here and their. In the last 3-4 months there have hardly been any as I guess either Asda have reduced their prices further or the competition has got more expensive.

Either way I'm probably £10-£15 per month better off shopping at Asda, not a massive amount but as Tesco say "every little helps" :D

That's EXACTLY what I do. I order my weekly food shopping online in the comfort of my own hobby room and have it delivered to me the next day.
I absolutely hate food shopping with a passion simply for that reason you have pointed out, I've been using the internet route for a good few years now and not once has it left me down. Even the items appears to be better quality than I get from the shop (less chance of the general public sneezing and fiddling about with them).
Granted, there is that £4.50 delivery charge but since I don't own a car and it would have costed me twice as much in taxi fares, I can live with that.
Indeed, I, too, can't be doing with vouchers and such-like, although my nectar card (the points are automatically added to it) does come in handy for buying replacement printer ink cartridges from that same supermarket.

Last edited:
This thread makes no sense. The idea is to give you the opportunity to shop where you like without price impacting your decision. It makes no difference if Tesco was more expensive because they reimbursed you for the difference.

I get the vouchers all the time at tesco, use them the next time, why not,£0.01 or £1.89 is still a saving,

I also buy the occasional item because i get more points by doing so, even though i really didn't need to buy a packet of tea cakes

But i spend more going to the supermarket as i impulse buy, shopping online and getting it delivered was way cheaper

I think I heard the t&c's for Asda price checker the other day on the radio,

I am sure it said we will be 10% cheaper than Waitrose, excluding Northern Ireland, Scotland, Sainsburys, Tescos....

I just found it strange were they said the word excluding, in between supermarket, as it inferred they excluded sainsburys and tesco also:shrug:

10% cheaper doesnt sound right, you have any idea how much some families spend on the weekly shopping?

I think I heard the t&c's for Asda price checker the other day on the radio,

I am sure it said we will be 10% cheaper than Waitrose, excluding Northern Ireland, Scotland, Sainsburys, Tescos....

I just found it strange were they said the word excluding, in between supermarket, as it inferred they excluded sainsburys and tesco also:shrug:

You probably misheard as there is no such term (30 seconds on google to find the T&Cs).

What is the ASDA Price Guarantee?

The ASDA Price Guarantee gives you the opportunity to check the cost of your comparable grocery shopping at ASDA and our main competitors.

If we're not 10% cheaper than Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and Waitrose on your comparable grocery shopping we'll give you the difference. Guaranteed!
In order for your shopping to be eligible for the Asda Price Guarantee, you need to have bought at least 8 different items, of which at least 1 should be comparable to the above competitors. If the total cost of the comparable items in your shopping isn’t 10% cheaper than the above competitors, we'll give you the difference.

We will always issue a voucher for the largest amount, if we aren’t 10% cheaper than more than one competitor.

Qualifying for ASDA Price Guarantee
For a comparison to be made, your shop (in-store or online) must contain at least 8 different items covered by the ASDA Price Guarantee, of which at least 1 must be comparable against that of either Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons or Waitrose.
Any item not included on ASDA.com will not be included in the Asda Price Guarantee or count towards the minimum requirement of 8 different items.

http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/Administration/Terms-And-Conditions.aspx

:LOL: that makes more sense,:D they could give it away free and I still won't go to asda as it always makes me feel I'm in Poland or about to be pickpocket with the local clientele

That's EXACTLY what I do. I order my weekly food shopping online in the comfort of my own hobby room and have it delivered to me the next day.
I absolutely hate food shopping with a passion simply for that reason you have pointed out, I've been using the internet route for a good few years now and not once has it left me down. Even the items appears to be better quality than I get from the shop (less chance of the general public sneezing and fiddling about with them).
Granted, there is that £4.50 delivery charge but since I don't own a car and it would have costed me twice as much in taxi fares, I can live with that.
Indeed, I, too, can't be doing with vouchers and such-like, although my nectar card (the points are automatically added to it) does come in handy for buying replacement printer ink cartridges from that same supermarket.

A neighbour is a home delivery shopper in our local Tesco and prepares the home delivery orders. To do this she walks amongst all the shoppers and pulls items from the same shelves coolers and freezers.

I believe the only way you would get items untouched by other shoppers is from what is called 'black stores' which are stores laid out for home delivery with no windows or car parks just for home delivery and collect drive through.

The article I read suggested the London area were getting these at some point. That was a while back.

Steve

A neighbour is a home delivery shopper in our local Tesco and prepares the home delivery orders. To do this she walks amongst all the shoppers and pulls items from the same shelves coolers and freezers.

Steve

That's the way it works in my local Tesco, and a reason why I wouldn't use home delivery. Follow them around and watch how the items are bounced into the trolley they use, it's turn and throw, even delicate things like fruit and veg and bread.

I've also heard the shopper ask in fruit and veg "where are the shortest date of these?", so invariably home delivery will equal getting the shortest sell by date items as well.

That's Morrisons in our local town not the Tesco
We now have an M+S for the high class Cheshire Torries

Seems you are really struggling to grasp the concept of it.. (yes it is all marketing b/s but you can play it to your advantage...)

If the voucher says "you have saved £x by shopping here today, then kudos to you", if it says "our 'competitor' was £x cheaper, you get that off the next bill.

It really is that simple.. (y)

That's the way it works in my local Tesco, and a reason why I wouldn't use home delivery. Follow them around and watch how the items are bounced into the trolley they use, it's turn and throw, even delicate things like fruit and veg and bread.

I've also heard the shopper ask in fruit and veg "where are the shortest date of these?", so invariably home delivery will equal getting the shortest sell by date items as well.

Yep

Thats the feedback I got. Tried Ocado when they covered Waitrose and was very good. Now we have Asda doing the same too. Just to add to the mix, earlier this evening a nice guy with a bodywarmer marked MilkMan banged on the door offering a twice weekly doorstep pre 7am Milk delivery including pints in glass bottles. Dairy products from local source, bread, fresh local veg boxes etc.

So starting 9 October am going to give it a trial!

Steve

Last edited:
You are all missing the point. Get your shopping delivered so you don't have to rub shoulders with people from the Jeremy Kyle show..

Or, shop at the market / local shops.

Generally better quality goods, that aren't flown half way round the world, or grown out of season at all sorts of costs. Less taxpayer funded slave labour than you get in your average Tescos or ASDA as well. (y)

Not sure what it's like back home, but with home delivery shopping down here there is the delivery fee (of course) and then a mark-up on all the products, which they decided not to tell anybody about. So you pay twice for the privilege.

Back