Tesco "Greener Living" Energy Sticks

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Just returned from local Tesco Express and have taken advantage of a clear pricing mistake for these energy saving light bulbs...

£1.00 each or 5 for 40p :nuts:

Picked up 10, didn't have any use for any more and apparently they last for 10 years! They guys honoured the price, as the till charged them as per offer label but quickly removed the label afterwards :crying::wacky::LOL:

So if anyone has a similar store, they may be priced exactly the same *nudge nudge wink wink* :LOL:

Last edited:
cant stand energy bulbs they are so dim. drives me mad i like bright light immediately, but a good find.

I saw the same offer there before christmas.

It's no mistake, most of the major stores have sold these at knockout prices, our local Sainsburys are currently selling them at 5 for 50p.

I'm a little surprised they can sell any at all, what with the free ones from the gas company , then the free ones from my electric company (twice).

I got some more free ones at a show from my electric company again, but this time I also got a free energy saving PC plug.

You plug your PC into and also your other stuff like monitor printer and what ever turn of the PC and everything goes off, it's got surge protection too.

Why buy when they are all given away :)

Its not a mistake, i got some before Xmas

Why is it though these 20 watt bulb say equivilant to a stanbdard 100 watt yet when you use them theyre only about 40-50 watts, waste of money.

Ah, thanks for the comments :)

Yep, I agree the energy companies should be handing these out FOC, I think they do, but only 2 or 3 at a time IIRC

Trust Tescos to get on the bandwagon, bet they still make a profit from them, cheeky buggers :naughty:

Hey ho, I now have 10 which should more than last.

Thanks again :clap::clap::clap:

I bought 10 today - mine were supposed to be £2.45 each, was worried I'd just spent £25 on lighbulbs but it came in OK at 80p for the lot at the till.

Seem fine to me!

I bought some last night fromTesco in Baldock, they still have loads of different ones left :)

I don't think it's a pricing error, they had a huge 5 for 40p printed sign on when I saw them in tesco

I don't think it's a pricing error, they had a huge 5 for 40p printed sign on when I saw them in tesco

same here, all the different types had the 5 for 40p on special offer labels on the shelves

Back