Testing Defenses

cannockwolf

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Her's one from my trip to Dunbar, near Edinburgh this January, I always go away for 3-4 days after New Year with my dad, it's been Scotland for the last 3 years. This year the weather was awful, so we were limited to seascapes really, as the wind was 60+ mph with horizontal rain. :)

26763407042_cd8c49eb57_o.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, how much PP was involved? obviously a high contrast B&W conversion, I'd love to think it was just that?

the wave center left and bottom left was added from the series i took, as it was unbalanced without it, but the rest was like you said just work on the tonal range,

im not a sooc photographer, if i can improve a photo i will, im not ashamed of it for me its all about the end result, that said you cant polish a turd lol still has to be a good photo to start with ;)

I'd have said epic shot, but will say a fine result in the end.

Great stage setup and dramatic rendition!

Her's one from my trip to Dunbar, near Edinburgh this January, I always go away for 3-4 days after New Year with my dad, it's been Scotland for the last 3 years. This year the weather was awful, so we were limited to seascapes really, as the wind was 60+ mph with horizontal rain. :)

I like your work immensely, you approach PP like conducting an orchestra, "free to do whatever you want, need only accept the consequences". Brilliant work, very inspiring. I like your comment about not being a SOOC photographer, as its been said for generations in photography...."Its all in the print".:clap:

Last edited:
I never really make it past Belhaven bay, looks like I should. Is that actually at Dunbar itself, or somewhere nearby?

Stunning work Dave

the wave center left and bottom left was added from the series i took, as it was unbalanced without it, but the rest was like you said just work on the tonal range,

That makes sense of why there are so many many waves packed in together.

Your tripod looks a little precariously placed at the end of the wall... :D.

Were you there looking after it for him?

stunning end product and that's what counts in my book - love the PP Dave

Les ;)

Very dramatic result Dave, and it must be even more spectacular as a large print!

I never really make it past Belhaven bay, looks like I should. Is that actually at Dunbar itself, or somewhere nearby?

It isn't Dunbar, it's St Monans, Fife.

Cracking end result, you can't beat this place when it's wild....I took a complete soaking last time I was there.

It isn't Dunbar, it's St Monans, Fife.

Cracking end result, you can't beat this place when it's wild....I took a complete soaking last time I was there.

yep, we were based in Dunbar, and drove out to places over the trip, it certainly was wild LOL

thats not a tripod btw its metal work in the wall, there's no way you could use a tripod in that wind, i was on a ladder (clinging on for dear life lol) with my head popping above the wall ducking when a big wave came and cleaning my lens every 10 seconds, mental but really happy with the results

Looks great I monochrome (y)

That's a stunning shot Dave, I kinda thought that there was no way you would get a tripod up in that weather. All power to your elbow for getting the extreme conditions. I love the way you have portrayed the sheer power of nature. I love the whole feel of this and I find myself looking deeper and deeper into the shot it got so much depth, it's almost impossible to see where the sea ends and the cloud begins. The breakwater lead in is a classic and is the icing on the cake.
This is where the description 'epic' is totally justified!
Fantastic work Dave ..... I'll go back to turd polishing now;)

cheers :D

Like this, and I don't have a problem at all with culminating different waves into the one shot. Photography is about capturing memories and if you stood there for 5 minutes your memory of the event would include all the various large crashes against the sea wall. Nice idea.

Back