Tethering Camera and tablet?

Name
Ravinder Bindra
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

I was wondering if it is possible to somehow tether my camera and say a tablet or something together when out in the fields shooting? I like the idea of being able to look at my photos on a bigger screen instead of the LCD display on the back of the camera. Also, would the photos show instantly the moment I take them?

Thanks.

I have a Canon and I use DSLR Controller through a wi-fi hotspot and liveview, images come straight to my Lenovo tablet. The wifi hotspot hardware and flash update is detailed on the DSLRController website.
I have used it, albeit only on a limited basis and it seems to work fine. AF point and many other settings can be controlled but you cant change the focal length of the lens (if it's a zoom).
Matt

I have a Canon 6d and I recently connected it to my Ipad pro. I got the Canon connect app on the Ipad, and followed the instructions in EOS Magazine to connect the 6d via its own wi-fi to the Ipad. It's not difficult, but it was trial and error initially. The images on the card will all show on the ipad, then you can save/rate images, which is particularly useful. (And you can dump the rubbish ones! )

Many thanks. I will have a read, my camera is a Nikon D7200 so hopefully I'll be able to have compatibility.

Back