thank chuff Amazon Black Friday is over...

I didn't think it was that good! I was monitoring it all day, all week and it was the same products over and over, the discounts weren't great either... Even pc world / currys impressed me more

Did you spend money on things you desperately needed to have?

Prefer to spend my money somewhere that fully supports the UK economy!

(and the deals were not that great either)

:)

Its been rubbish for the last couple of years at least.....every single item I could be bothered to check the price of, was available elsewhere for the same price or less!! :thumbsdown:

Its been rubbish for the last couple of years at least.....every single item I could be bothered to check the price of, was available elsewhere for the same price or less!! :thumbsdown:

love the 15 minute checkout so you can check on prices, we found the opposite though on lots of stuff we checked, all cheaper on Amazon, especially Razor scooters and Behringer mics and mixers

looking at what has been purchased a good 70-80% are excellent xmas pressies that will go down well with the intended recipient(s) so I guess I cannot grumble.. and its looking like I still have funds for a GoPro3 Black Edition so I might let the wife off on this occasion (y)

And yet grumble you did! :LOL: (y)

There were a few good deals but as usual most items had been raised in price beforehand to make the discount look better. All retailers do this (dishonest imo, but buyer beware) and of course the old idea of the loss leader, the one genuine bargain that brings the punters in has gone now that people can buy from the comfort of their armchairs.

Steep said:
There were a few good deals but as usual most items had been raised in price beforehand to make the discount look better. All retailers do this (dishonest imo, but buyer beware) and of course the old idea of the loss leader, the one genuine bargain that brings the punters in has gone now that people can buy from the comfort of their armchairs.

We noticed that too.. I forget the site were you can track the price changes but most prices were inflicted pre sale.

And by the way not all retailers do it.

The Tassimo coffee machine that I was planning on buying my OH went up by £40 on Black Friday :bang:

Photoshop Elements 11 popped up for £33 on friday which is a good price I think. I got 10 for similar last year but dont feel the need to upgrade.

Back