Thanks TP

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
I'd just like to say a heartfelt thank you to TP and it's members for being an excellent distraction for the last two weeks or so, that have been the hardest of my life...

Some may have noticed that I've been even more active I normally am which isn't saying much as I do spend a lot of time on TP as to be frank its far better than anything on TV..

Anyway, on the 28th February as some members already know, that's what you get for having family on the forum...:D My mother died in hospital aged 62 after some complications following surgery, as I'm sure you can imagine this had been a devastating time for myself and indeed my entire family..I've found TP to be a great distraction that has proved very effective relief from life..

Today we said goodbye to mum in a ceremony attended by what appeared to be half the population of my home village, and well over 100 family members, nearly everyone from her office with the local council...

So once again thanks you all (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Matt, So sorry to hear this mate. It does sound like you gave mum a great send off. The very fact that so many turned up must be of some comfort to you.
Take care mate.She was obviously very well thought of.
Thinking of you and your family.

Kev.

Very sorry to hear of your loss Matt, my mum died 10 years ago and I still miss her terribly - her photo looks down on me every day.
Your mum would no doubt be chuffed to know that she was so well thought of.

Matt you and your family have been in our our thoughts throughout this distressing time for you, your mum sounds a well respected lady

as said via our pms, you can contact me anytime, Im always here for you,

Sad news Matt, as said you may take comfort in the fact that so many people attended your Mother's send off to pay their respects and say goodbye.

so sorry to hear your sad news Matt.
thinking of you & sending you hugs
x

Matt you and your family have been in our our thoughts throughout this distressing time for you, your mum sounds a well respected lady

as said via our pms, you can contact me anytime, Im always here for you,

Very sorry to hear of your loss Matt, my mum died 10 years ago and I still miss her terribly - her photo looks down on me every day.
Your mum would no doubt be chuffed to know that she was so well thought of.

Sad to hear what happened Matt. Losing a loved one is never easy. Keep strong fella :)

Matt, So sorry to hear this mate. It does sound like you gave mum a great send off. The very fact that so many turned up must be of some comfort to you.
Take care mate.She was obviously very well thought of.
Thinking of you and your family.

Kev.

Sad news Matt, as said you may take comfort in the fact that so many people attended your Mother's send off to pay their respects and say goodbye.

Thanks everyone (y) it's been a really hard time, but there were so many people there to say there goodbye, I'm going up tomorrow to take photo's of the flowers, and to take some to family graves at a couple of local churches as well as to bring some back to the village...

So sorry ti hear that Matt, my prayers are with you and yours.

Matt

sorry for your loss

remember the good times always and forever

regards

Speaking as a carer for an elderly mother, I have felt your loss. I would like to express my sincere condolences to you and your family.

Speaking as a carer for an elderly mother, I have felt your loss. I would like to express my sincere condolences to you and your family.

Thank you Ian, it's appreciated

Glad your holding up alright Matt, I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.

Can't think of a more friendly (if slightly crazy) bunch of people to help you get through this :)

That's really rough. Condolences, Matt. I lost my Father 2 years ago this month, know what you mean about distractions helping - I bought my first DSLR soon after his condition was diagnosed for that very purpose. Chin-up fella, all the best.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear this also Matt :(
My thoughts are with you and your family.
I hope the send off was a good one (y)

I do know what you mean about the forum being a great place of refuge though,
I went through a really crap time, about 2 years ago and this mob also helped me stay sane
(well I almost came out the other side sane anyway :D)

Occasionally we think TP IS actually useful, and very, very occasionally it is brought home quite how useful. Really sorry to hear that Matt, I lost my mum in her late 50's, but even had it been in her 90's, it would have been too soon, mum's are like that. It sounds like an lot of people felt that way about yours - be very proud of her, the send off and celebrate her life. :hug:

[snip]

:cautious: yeah but hang on, you didn't go in sane... ;)

nice to hear all the heartfelt thoughts for a fellow TPer !!!

sorry for your loss and nice that you have had a little photography distraction during this hard time

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad your holding up alright Matt, I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.

Can't think of a more friendly (if slightly crazy) bunch of people to help you get through this :)

:LOL: you know your right, the POTD has helped too its forced me to get out the house

That's really rough. Condolences, Matt. I lost my Father 2 years ago this month, know what you mean about distractions helping - I bought my first DSLR soon after his condition was diagnosed for that very purpose. Chin-up fella, all the best.

Thanks, it's been rough but I feel like I'm coming out the other side a little, but am still somewhere between sad and angry if that makes sense

I'm sorry to hear this also Matt :(
My thoughts are with you and your family.
I hope the send off was a good one (y)

I do know what you mean about the forum being a great place of refuge though,
I went through a really crap time, about 2 years ago and this mob also helped me stay sane

Thanks Chris, I know just what you mean it's a great place to be normally and it's been brilliant in my time of need so to speak

Occasionally we think TP IS actually useful, and very, very occasionally it is brought home quite how useful. Really sorry to hear that Matt, I lost my mum in her late 50's, but even had it been in her 90's, it would have been too soon, mum's are like that. It sounds like an lot of people felt that way about yours - be very proud of her, the send off and celebrate her life. :hug:

:cautious: yeah but hang on, you didn't go in sane... ;)

:D your right Yvonne any time is too soon, I will never forget her

nice to hear all the heartfelt thoughts for a fellow TPer !!!

sorry for your loss and nice that you have had a little photography distraction during this hard time

Thanks, and that is the wonderful thing about TP (y)

Matt

keep your chin up mate.... remember the best times........and keep positive........... there will be some tough times ahead, but given the OP.... sounds like a lot of family and a lot of friends to help you through what must be one of the most difficult things ever..........

keep your chin up mate.... remember the best times........and keep positive........... there will be some tough times ahead, but given the OP.... sounds like a lot of family and a lot of friends to help you through what must be one of the most difficult things ever..........

That's buddy, I'm fortunant, I live in a village where I was born so have a massive amount of support there, plus I come from a family that breeds like rabbits so I have even more support from that too (y)

But TP had also played a massive part (y)

The hurt goes away after a while mate. Nothing anyone says makes the time shorter or easier,but you`ll get there.........(y)

My condolences also to you and your family Matt, as mentioned remember and treasure those good times (y)

My condolences Matt.

:)

Thanks

The hurt goes away after a while mate. Nothing anyone says makes the time shorter or easier,but you`ll get there.........(y)

Thanks, your right there really is nothing that anyone can say but the support has helped (y)

My condolences also to you and your family Matt, as mentioned remember and treasure those good times (y)

Thanks (y) I'm lucky to have a lot of support around me

Please accept my condolences to you and your family Matt.

Sorry to hear about about your loss Matt.

yeah sorry for your loss matt - we're always here if you need us

Matt! I am so so sorry to hear of your sad news, my heart felt condolences to you and your family.

Chin up Mate it will get better.

Graham

Sorry to hear about your loss Matt, my heart goes out to you and your family. I guess its nice to know that you have your cyber family here for you and your photography to help get away from things when times are hard

Matt! I am so so sorry to hear of your sad news, my heart felt condolences to you and your family.

Chin up Mate it will get better.

Graham

Thanks Graham, it's appreciated

Sorry to hear about your loss Matt, my heart goes out to you and your family. I guess its nice to know that you have your cyber family here for you and your photography to help get away from things when times are hard

Thanks Scott, TP has been very good for me the last couple of weeks (y)

Matt

Matt, It's not easy, time really is a good healer, I lost my old man 4 years ago, I still think if him every day, still miss him, but the pain has gone. Keep strong and all the best to you and your family. This place really did help me.

Back