Daily That Daft Time of The Year....

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
So it's getting round to the end of the year again, and I'm yet again contemplating a challenge for the New Year.

So far I've failed in a couple of 365's and 52's but this time of year just makes me want to 'have another go' :wacky:

I seem to get a couple of months in and just run out of inspiration and ideas.

Anyone else feel like this around this time of year in spite of their failures :D

I started a 365 this year and failed. Think i will give a 52 a go though for 2014.

Having failed last years 52, I don't think I want the confines of a 52 again. I like the idea of a more free and easy subject idea, just not sure of I can manage one every single day for a year :D

I started my 365 on 1st January and I have to say it has been a real struggle at times. I had to send my camera away for a week in February so was only using my phone and an old compact and I nearly gave up then and at another couple of times when things got too much. It might sound a bit harsh but for the first few months I got too juch into it and was trying to get my own photo done and then comment on maybe 10 other regular 365 posters and I found that giving up commenting so much really took the pressure off. I also found that only posting the photos every 3 or 4 days helped to take the pressure off even though I did take the shots every day. Ironically I am considering going on into year 2 at the minute as I am using our new son as a handy subject. My wife wants one shot of him every day for his first year anyway so I can easily use that when I have nothing else done or planned. Good luck to anyone starting one again on 1st January 2014!

This is my third attempt. I didn't get 365 images in the first attempt, but I was fairly close really. The second one, I stopped within 2 months - I wasn't feeling very well...not surprising given that I was pregnant. It was a rather eventful year. Obviously I took plenty of shots throughout the year but in hindsight, as lovely as it would have been - it was also quite impossible, especially after little lady was born. Now I feel that I'm losing touch with my photography, despite clearly being able to see progression, so I figured that I needed to normalise being attached to the camera again. It's about a month in now and my keeper rate has drastically increased, my shooting time has decreased and I hope I'm making progress. I'm enjoying shooting again and thinking about it quicker. It was also about making "me time" this time.

Good luck. I hope you join us. :)

It's always nice to see new people entering the man house (y) the most wonderful thing about the man house that is the POTD corner of the forum is the wonderful support....so sad that my challenge camera to an end in the way that it did but alas such is life...never feel that you've failed in the challenge I've always said to people thinking of doing such a challenge that it's a massive commitment but its also a massive amount of fun...what I will say in that as soon as it stops being fun that is the time to stop (y)

Back