1. Davejanney

Davejanney

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    IMG_1730.jpg

When you take the lens cap off and glass shards fall out thank f**k it was just the UV filter.

Graham W likes this.
  2. JohnX

JohnX

Name:
    John
    Edit My Images:
    No
    All true, but more to the point, what broke the filter? An impact could have caused problems with the lens.

3. Eloise

Eloise

Name:
    Eloise
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    So its safe to say you're firmly in the "yes of course I use a protection filter" camp now! :)

Davejanney likes this.
  4. Davejanney

Davejanney

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Good point, well presented. I’ve not a clue in all honest. It’s been kept in a lowpro BP450, could’ve been something dropped on it or one of the kids in the one forbidden room!! I’ve checked it over and everything seems ok with it. I guess time will tell.

5. ecoleman

ecoleman

Name:
    Elliott
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Until one of those shards of glass scratches the front element of your £400 lens.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Eloise and Phil V like this.
  6. Jase

Jase

Edit My Images:
    No
    Exactly the lens cap was on it so good chance if the filter wasn't on there he'd never have known as there may have been no damage.

Phil V likes this.
  7. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Apart from a dented filter thread on the end of the lens? But that may not have happened... or it may.. or it may not, or it may.... or it may have been worse, or better, or the same... but it would always be better without a filter, wouldn't it? Sort yourselves out you lot! :LOL:

8. Davejanney

Davejanney

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    But it could’ve been worse!........ I think

Mr Badger likes this.