That heart stopping moment!

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_1730.jpg

When you take the lens cap off and glass shards fall out [emoji33] thank f**k it was just the UV filter.

All true, but more to the point, what broke the filter? An impact could have caused problems with the lens.

Good point, well presented. I’ve not a clue in all honest. It’s been kept in a lowpro BP450, could’ve been something dropped on it or one of the kids in the one forbidden room!! I’ve checked it over and everything seems ok with it. I guess time will tell.

Until one of those shards of glass scratches the front element of your £400 lens.

Exactly the lens cap was on it so good chance if the filter wasn't on there he'd never have known as there may have been no damage.

Exactly the lens cap was on it so good chance if the filter wasn't on there he'd never have known as there may have been no damage.
Apart from a dented filter thread on the end of the lens? But that may not have happened... or it may.. or it may not, or it may.... or it may have been worse, or better, or the same... but it would always be better without a filter, wouldn't it? Sort yourselves out you lot! :LOL:

Apart from a dented filter thread on the end of the lens? But that may not have happened... or it may.. or it may not, or it may.... or it may have been worse, or better, or the same... but it would always be better without a filter, wouldn't it? Sort yourselves out you lot! :LOL:

But it could’ve been worse!........ I think [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Back