The 2013 Season F1 Thread

He will be used to clear the way for Kimi

I think he'll do well. He's a fantastic racer - he's had a few mishaps in the first few laps, but not all of them were his fault. He qualifies well and is a cracking racer. Lotus is my favourite team for 2013, replacing McLaren (though JB is still in my list of favourite drivers!).

There is still Maldanardo though and Perez might be trying too hard

Anyone got an idea as to what is happening with the medical side
The fia did not renew Gary halstons (F1 chief medic) contract and he seems upset and dosnt know why
Here is what he says

“I might launch a crusade to get some answers, or get my f***ing job back, or let the world know what’s really going on on the medical side of the FIA.

“Understand this: I am not bitter or sad,” Hartstein insisted. “I am seriously angry. And that’s bad.

“Not sure how or when, but there’s dark clouds a-gatherin’. This is gonna be a f***ing blast!”

Wow i am glad he isnt bitter

Another Brit in F1 next year. Max Chilton has signed for Marussia.

Ricardodaforce said:
Another Brit in F1 next year. Max Chilton has signed for Marussia.

Is max chilton a relation to tom chilton by any chance?

Mark Gillan chief ops engineer Williams has left them
That could spell bad news for them as this guy was the prime mover for the increase in performance of the williams this year
Still they have Maldarnardo as a spearhead should keep them in the news

Is max chilton a relation to tom chilton by any chance?

Brother

Lot of brass in that family and connections in Russia
Should do alright in Ma Russia

Note to self Must type faster

Last edited:
Last I heard Graham Chilton was worth around 65 million. He used to own Aon but sold the company although he still holds a high position in the company. He is also something to do with Carlin Motorsport, who Max raced for in F3.

fuzzyedges said:
Brother

Lot of brass in that family and connections in Russia
Should do alright in Ma Russia

Note to self Must type faster

Haha i read this straight after my post.

The fia did not renew Gary halstons (F1 chief medic) contract and he seems upset and dosnt know why
Here is what he says

Had to Google this, it's Gary Hartstein.

Gary_Hartstein

Wonder what Bernie is up to this time (has to be Bernie doesn't it)

David

Had to Google this, it's Gary Hartstein.

Gary_Hartstein

Wonder what Bernie is up to this time (has to be Bernie doesn't it)

David

It could be me that typed the name wrong as he is not so prominant to me as Sid was but for the life of me I cant find the original report as it might have been a typo on there behalf
Yes its a bit like Parrs resignation, it dosnt smell right and Bernie is playing a weird game at the moment
He would like to see only ten teams?, that isnt what he was saying when 12 appeared

Steve Nielson has now resigned from Caterham after only one year
going to another team pos merc
Is this anything to do with Bernie's ten team F1???

the person im intrested to watch is hamilton , it is one driver you know who has skill but is not able to always use it.

it is one driver i like to see let off the lead and when they do he shows his true colours

i hope the move is in the right direction although i think he had a better chance at maclaren , but with all the cock ups at maclaren through the year be nice to see a team who will get it right fingers crossed

looking forward to 2013 season

looking forward to 2013 season

Me too. It's on a digital terrestrial HD channel out here. It's free, which is good, but the amount of adverts drives me nuts. I'd willingly pay for it if it was ad-free on satellite.

Next years coverage on the Beeb just got a whole lot brighter.
Bring on Suzi Perry.(y)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20812990

Thats a bigger come back than Lazarus!

Still, at least Suzi is a better choice than Humphreys - that bloke was a c*ck!

Whilst she's getting on a bit, she's still far better than the BBC's unforgetable choice of the MotoGP pitlane "talent" of.... Clare Balding (??? yes, they actually did that...)

Oh and lastly, anyone knocking Max Chilton for basically having daddy buy him a drive.... you really fail to understand how motorsport works don't you... there have been very few who have ever had it come any other way.

Oh and lastly, anyone knocking Max Chilton for basically having daddy buy him a drive.... you really fail to understand how motorsport works don't you... there have been very few who have ever had it come any other way.
Wasn't knocking it, just wondering. Good luck to him. I wish I was in a position to do similar for my sons.

I've not watched bbc coverage since I got sky....

Still no news on Bruno Senna :( Still rumours of him joining Caterham but nothing definite yet.

Still no news on Bruno Senna :( Still rumours of him joining Caterham but nothing definite yet.

According to the boys from Marrusia that I spoke too last month, they reckon Charles Pic is off to Caterham to replace Petrov.

Ragwort said:
According to the boys from Marrusia that I spoke too last month, they reckon Charles Pic is off to Caterham to replace Petrov.

Charles Pic is going to Caterham but i think there is still a spot as Heikki isn't willing to be a paying driver. Not 100% sure though.

Well I said I wasnt going to watch F1 this year, and I didn't feel like I missed any thing. the reg changes then the move to sky (which I dont have) were the final nail in the coffin after a lifetime of watching

Liberated me a lot of time back :)

To us people that aren't nearly dead, she's just an old dusty lump.....:puke:

It was either the F1 or Crufts. They couldn't give her Crufts because it wouldn't do to have a presenter walk off with Best of Breed.

Back