The 2013 Season F1 Thread

And Checo is being replaced by Magnussen for 2015.

Good, he was never good enough for a big team like McLaren. He was a average driver punching above his weight and often damaged the team by his immature antics around his better team mate.

I'll go with cynical...
rolleyes.gif

Any bets on Kevin beating Button next year?
tilt.gif

I hope Button comes back strong next year. I think it'd be a push to hope for him to win another title though :(

In think Maclarean are hoping for another Lewis but so little is out there as to how good kev is in a turbo F1 to make a judgement as to how he will stack up against smooth Button
Whitmarsh's gang arnt stupid with there driver selections usually even Checo ( who was a rush with Lewis abandoning ship) may have performed better if they didnt have a dog of a car (internal wrangling aside that is)

... so little is out there as to how good kev is in a turbo F1 to make a judgement...
There's as much out there for Kevin, as there's for everybody else!
biggrin1.gif

We all start from scratch...

Not that I like it. Would love to see V12 again, but odds are not good for that to happen...
rolleyes.gif

biggrin1.gif

We all start from scratch...
rolleyes.gif
We all start with new rules but whether they all start from the same place has yet to be seen I would expect those with the money (Ferrari Red Bull Mercedes) to be up front again maybe just in a diffrent order Maybe an odd suprise from mid field or Maclaren (2015 might be their year though) if the bought mercedes engine is as good as the works team or their aero is as good as newey's
I am a mac fan but there are too many but's

Last edited:
Maybe an odd suprise from mid field or Maclaren (2015 might be their year though) if the bought mercedes engine is as good as the works team or their aero is as good as newey's
I am a mac fan but there are too many but's

McLaren won't be using Merc engines in 2015...

Which is why I said "it may be their year" once they have a factory engine again rather than a bought one

Last edited:
Kevin says, he's been waiting for this in 19 years... saw a family video of him as a two-year old driving a mini McLaren! :LOL:

Several knowledgeable folks over here claims, he's ready...

Let's skip the last two races and go straight to season 2014!
rock.gif

Kevin says, he's been waiting for this in 19 years... saw a family video of him as a two-year old driving a mini McLaren! :LOL:

Several knowledgeable folks over here claims, he's ready...

Let's skip the last two races and go straight to season 2014!
rock.gif
Which is why Maclarean are hoping for another Lewis but can they build somthing that will shift next year ????

Brawn leaving merc end of December
Honda returning 2015 season
I wonder if the above are linked in anyway???

Be interesting to hear how a 1600 V6 turbo @ 15,000 RPM sounds compared to a 2.4 V8 NA @ 18,000.

TBH, I'm looking forward to seeing how all the teams perform with the new, quite different regulations.

I thought Honda were only returning as an engine supplier (for McLaren), are they going to run a team as well?
Yes ONLY as an engine supplier but that means they are returning to F1 and maclareans are short of a good guy that has got on with Honda in the past
Mindst you listening to monty at Ferrari they have next year all sewn up so 2015 should be interesting

Disscusing 2 manditory pit stops for next year plus not more than 50% in one stint on primes and no more than 30% on options
If it carries on like this with the rules rolling a dice (obviously in Ferraris favour) will be better than racing for a title
Its so unfair to not let them at the back have a turn at winning !!!!!!
What a way to spoil a good sport
I dont think Vettal domination will turn me off F1 but I am sure the rules will

I stopped watching F1 years ago when it moved from SABC (bit like BBC) to the subscription satellite service in South Africa, because I couldn't afford it. I've now lost interest completely, mainly because of the constant tinkering with the rules for qualification and the races. The teams that can, and are willing to, spend big money will probably retain the advantage unless F1 issues each of them with a standard car to the same specification!

unless F1 issues each of them with a standard car to the same specification!
Already been tried A1 seris, if I remember correctly, didnt do too good either
F1 is the cream of the cream being shoved into an entertainment show, rather than a competative sport

Last edited:
Already been tried A1 seris, if I remember correctly, didnt do too good either
F1 is the cream of the cream being shoved into an entertainment show, rather than a competative sport
A1GP was doing alright when Jonathan Palmer was involved, but when they decided to change the cars and Ferrari were involved supplying failing to supply each team with a car by the first round of the season it started to fall apart.

Back