The 2019 Disposable Camera Challenge - Chat

Just this minute taken the final shot so will hie me to a SnappySnaps ASAP (probably Tuesday) for some D,P&S. Hoping for at least a couple of worthwhile results but we'll see! Well. I will see - if there's nowt worth sharing, I'll keep it to myself!!! :p

Just this minute taken the final shot so will hie me to a SnappySnaps ASAP (probably Tuesday) for some D,P&S. Hoping for at least a couple of worthwhile results but we'll see! Well. I will see - if there's nowt worth sharing, I'll keep it to myself!!! :p

We did set tomorrow as the final day for entries, unfortunately.

It's possible that if you do a lot of very, very, humiliating creeping the F&C collective may agree to an extension. I don't know.

We did set tomorrow as the final day for entries, unfortunately.

It's possible that if you do a lot of very, very, humiliating creeping the F&C collective may agree to an extension. I don't know.

A two-day extension is fine with me. If @Nod subsequently wins I may change my mind though. :D

If @Nod subsequently wins I may change my mind though. :D

Fairly sure that my entry won't trouble the prize giving committee anyway so your mind should be safe from unnecessary change!!!

In my defence, we're just back from holiday and this had slightly slipped my (tiny) mind. Should be able to get it done in an hour at SnappySnaps and if I use their scans, I can do a swift resize as necessary to get them up ASAP.

How about a time penalty, say a 1 vote penalty for every minute of lateness :D

Thanks for the extension, Mr Ess. D,P&S done (holy poop! HOW MUCH???) so just selection and resizing to do.

Do we really need 3 weeks for voting? I thought one week can be pretty long!
People may be on holiday at this time of year, although it could be argued that it is their own fault for not getting their priorities right.

I did. Well, nearly! 8 weeks until holiday (#2).

Be a (benevolent!) dictator and set a date. Even in here (F&C) you won't please everyone, however far you bend over backwards. Your thread and competition, your rules!!!

Thanks, Will see what I can do

Excellent news on the extension!
My film is finished but still in the cassette.

I'm sure I won't be troubling the scorers but I'd like to see it through.

From the entries thread, moved here to keep that thread free from chat/banter!
LOL I thought it was something to eat at first. :rolleyes:

Does look like a pasty from that angle!

So my disposable camera has been sent off to FilmDev, if the scans make it in time I'll enter if not there's always next year :D

So my disposable camera has been sent off to FilmDev, if the scans make it in time I'll enter if not there's always next year :D
Fingers crossed for you Nick. I sent films off to Filmdev first class on Monday and they've just been delivered by the Post Office at 11.25 today. Thankfully no deadline for what's on them, but a bit surprised it took the PO 3 days. :(

Fingers crossed for you Nick. I sent films off to Filmdev first class on Monday and they've just been delivered by the Post Office at 11.25 today. Thankfully no deadline for what's on them, but a bit surprised it took the PO 3 days. :(
@RaglanSurf Just had my invoice after 3pm and download soon afterwards, so hopefully you'll get yours by Monday at the latest. ;)

@RaglanSurf Just had my invoice after 3pm and download soon afterwards, so hopefully you'll get yours by Monday at the latest. ;)
Yeah no email today so maybe Monday. Oh well RMSD was a bit of a waste.

Final day for entries folks.

Voting will start some time tomorrow, when I get round to setting up the poll. ;)

I had an invoice and download on a Saturday a couple of months ago, so you never know.
Nope, despite the the RMSD and the request on the order form to rush it through no sign of anything from Filmdev :(

My negs are drying... scanning later!

Should get something up before midnight!

Nope, despite the the RMSD and the request on the order form to rush it through no sign of anything from Filmdev :(
Maybe they had a rush on... I sent 6 C41 135 films on Thursday afternoon, nothing from them either!

Maybe they had a rush on... I sent 6 C41 135 films on Thursday afternoon, nothing from them either!
That’s it I’m blaming you.

Just made it before midnight.

They are a bit wee (in both senses). Didn't have time to resize!

Full disclosure on my entries - 1 and 3 were taken last month on a JCH Streetpan single use camera (Kassha).
Pic 2 was taken on a Rollei Retro single use, I think last year.

Home developed (Ilfosol 3)and scanned (badly) on an Epson V500. No PP.

I don't know if this can be rectified, but I've mucked up my vote. It's only taken two of my choices.

For the record, my missing vote was for @Mrs Snap's photo "Union Jack", so if it can't be added into the count now, please give her my vote when they're totalled at the end.

I've temporarily set it to allow you to change your vote.

Let me know when you're done so I can change it back again.

Would it be a good idea to ask @TheBigYin to pin the entries thread because I think it might get pushed down the list with no new posts being made?

Would it be a good idea to ask @TheBigYin to pin the entries thread because I think it might get pushed down the list with no new posts being made?
it would ave been...

it would have been even better if you'd have added a link to it in your post to make sure I got the right thread (I do that little actual modding these days, I forget my way around the staff-only options...)

still, it's done now :)

Last edited:
Back