The 52 Weeks of Daysleeping 2020 (Week 20: SOMETHING OLD & Week 22: HOUSEHOLD ITEM)

Last edited:
Anyone got a shoe - because this one might be a bit of a 'horn. Although - in fairness, it is a body of liquid that the shot is themed around and this is where my brain went. And who am I to argue with brain. Wirel Water is also going to remain as a feature in the garden for now as I am told the Hedgehogs are in desperate need of drinking water. If you have a garden please put down a bowl or two for the wildlife (y)

Week 21...

Theme: Liquid
Title: "Gone Fishing"
Kit: Nikon D7000 / Nikon 35mm

Week 21_Liquid by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Some more from the shoot down by the pond...

GoneFishing_2 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Fishing_1 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Pond2 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

GoneFishing_5 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

GoneFishing_4 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Nice catch up.

Definitely on theme for liquid. Not sure which I’d choose though I think the last one shows more clearly what the wirel is up to, due to the background. They get a little lost against it - maybe need to put some weight on

I like your archaeological dig. Where was the homemade glue used?

These wires have been busy. Keep them coming [emoji4]

Nice catch up.

Definitely on theme for liquid. Not sure which I’d choose though I think the last one shows more clearly what the wirel is up to, due to the background. They get a little lost against it - maybe need to put some weight on

I like your archaeological dig. Where was the homemade glue used?

These wires have been busy. Keep them coming [emoji4]

Thank you - the glue was used in the making of the Fossil. Tissue paper glued over wire and coloured with chalk pastels. Also stuck some sand to the fossil and a bit of card to use for the background.

The archaeological dig is a great idea. I like them all.

Liquid: A lovely series and I rather like no.4, the straight on shot.

Last edited:
A good catch up. You could have picked any of those for the main thread and they would have been perfect.

Something Old - Very cleverly done. i find myself enjoying the shots for the content over the photography, the shots almost being a byproduct of the story telling (which is a good thing).
Liquid - Hang on.. #6... Shouldn't that be hidden behind a spoiler tag? ;)

Just catching up!!

Music - Its hard enough taking some images without having to create detailed art in the first place!
The light falling on the figure works great, though not sure if a crop from the top to remove the light source but keep the soft light improves it.
Like image 4 the best.

Colour - I didn't realise until you mentioned the word "hobbies" what the figure was doing, possibly the blue crayon is being lost a bit with the surrounding colours.
Its a great concept, the positioning of the feet just adds to the relaxed feel.
Are the figures a single continuous piece of wire or is pieces added as required.

Something Old - Had a laugh at this one, great inventiveness. The entire scene is well photographed with lighting handled well, is it just daylight?

I love this theme you have going. Such an interesting take on each challenge. Keep it up

Thank you - I am behind again but I will catch up!

Another great couple of additions to the Wirel documentary [emoji16] Great shots!

Thank you :)

The wire man certainly gets about, nice made up image and a good reason for it.
Pete

Thanks!

The archaeological dig is a great idea. I like them all. Liquid: A lovely series and I rather like no.4, the straight on shot.

Thank you - it took me a while to come up with something for Old but I think it turned out ok.

A good catch up. You could have picked any of those for the main thread and they would have been perfect.

Thank you very much :)

Something Old - Very cleverly done. i find myself enjoying the shots for the content over the photography, the shots almost being a byproduct of the story telling (which is a good thing).
Liquid - Hang on.. #6... Shouldn't that be hidden behind a spoiler tag? ;)

Thank you - I quite like that you are enjoying the context over the togging. It means the ideas work :)

Another very nice Wirel picture.

Thanks Clive :)

Just catching up!!

Music - Its hard enough taking some images without having to create detailed art in the first place!
The light falling on the figure works great, though not sure if a crop from the top to remove the light source but keep the soft light improves it.
Like image 4 the best.

Colour - I didn't realise until you mentioned the word "hobbies" what the figure was doing, possibly the blue crayon is being lost a bit with the surrounding colours.
Its a great concept, the positioning of the feet just adds to the relaxed feel.
Are the figures a single continuous piece of wire or is pieces added as required.

Something Old - Had a laugh at this one, great inventiveness. The entire scene is well photographed with lighting handled well, is it just daylight?

Thank you - they are a single continuous peiece of wire. It was daylight but in the shade as the blazing sun was causing too many shadows. Shadows and Wirels don't mix very well.

Yes. It's nice to be able to comment/reflect on what's being presented as the image, rather than on whether the horizon is straight etc. :)

I do want them to be technically good too obviously - but the story telling is more important imo.

Brilliant fun image.

Back