The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

So after today I have decided I still hate Peak Design straps. I have tried one again and nope I just done get on with it!

However the Tenba Cooper 13 slim is such a quality bag! It just perfect for the A7 series.

I've not read a bad review of the 35mm f2.8. I thought everyone thought it was very good. There is the cheaper Samyang too.

Same here, the FE 35mm f2.8 is a quality lens given its size / weight. Hopefully Sony see sense and release a f1.8 version which will plug the gap.

Samyang is a no brainer!

Any wrist/hand strap recommended apart from the Peak Designs? Sling strap a bit overkill when going super light.

Also looking for a very smal bag for the A7iii with a 35mm 2.8.

Samyang is a no brainer!

Any wrist/hand strap recommended apart from the Peak Designs? Sling strap a bit overkill when going super light.

Also looking for a very smal bag for the A7iii with a 35mm 2.8.

My A7 and 35mm f2.8 fit in a Lowepro Apex 100 AW. The A7III will be a bit bigger so I don't know if it'll fit but if you want a very small bag for a body and 35mm f2.8 the 100 may be worth a look, if you see one somewhere.

Mostly I just use a small man bag my Mrs bought me in Thailand.

I need to give my FE35 more love really......!! With the recent Sigma 35/1.4 being so huge, the even more recent Batis 40 being £1300 I don't think I've got much choice....... ;)

I have been using the Voigtlander 40/1.4 a lot lately though. Fully for this day out in Bath.

by Lee, on Flickr

by Lee, on Flickr

by Lee, on Flickr

by Lee, on Flickr

by Lee, on Flickr
1 and 4 are my favourite

I think that time they limited classified access a while back depending on your posting ration pretty much killed it off.

You need to drop to really ridiculous money to sell anything on here, or drop to below the price that trade companies like mpb will offer, which is mad. I am not worried about it anyway. I am gonna buy the G Master regardless of the Nikon selling or not.

To be honest I would rather keep it but have to make an effort to sell it to keep the missus happy. :D

Couldn't agree more lad. The classifieds on here died a few years ago. I gave up trying to sell on it lol

I had a printing day...

P1000665.jpg

This is my favorite…

P1000664.jpg

Taken with A7 and 85mm f1.8. It doesn't look too great as a picture of a picture here but the picture does look lovely and you can read the writing on the button on her jeans :D

1-DSC01577.jpg

:D

Yeah and I even have one.
I was also the one that offered to sell it. But not in any hurry. Still a fair while before 24GM is available...

Despite what I said previously about the Sony being £800 more than the Sigma……due to the nature and what I need from this lens, really really really fast focusing (dancing), just changed my pre-order from the Sigma to the Sony.

Now I need to find another £800.

Despite what I said previously about the Sony being £800 more than the Sigma……due to the nature and what I need from this lens, really really really fast focusing (dancing), just changed my pre-order from the Sigma to the Sony.

sell a canon lens :)

Sony 35mm f1.4?

Looking at the larger primes on line like the 35mm f1.4 I've always thought they looked a bit big for me but maybe more so than in reality. I'd have to look at and handle one on a camera to finally make my own mind up but I'm still hoping for a compact 35mm f1.8 at some point.

Sony 35mm f1.4?

Looking at the larger primes on line like the 35mm f1.4 I've always thought they looked a bit big for me but maybe more so than in reality. I'd have to look at and handle one on a camera to finally make my own mind up but I'm still hoping for a compact 35mm f1.8 at some point.

I already have the Sony 35/1.4 Zeiss Distagon, and their 50/1.4 Planar and their 85/1.4.GM....

Got to vomplete the set !

I already have the Sony 35/1.4 Zeiss Distagon, and their 50/1.4 Planar and their 85/1.4.GM....

Got to vomplete the set !
So what are you getting then? The new 24mm f1.4?

I'm a bit tempted to get a set... so I'd need 24 and 28mm and possibly a 135mm too. I'd probably just need the 24mm actually as I've never been a big fan of 28 or 135mm.

I'd really like to go on a cruise one day, maybe a northern lights one and something wide and f1.x would probably be nice for that so 20 or 24mm f1.4 would be nice. Unfortunately Mrs WW's needs come first so when we get our next holiday it'll be Thailand or Singapore.

Last edited:
Have you pre ordered your A9 body yet?
haha! I doubt that'll happen. It's the A7III that I might get but to be honest I have so little time to get out for walks and use the kit now that I don't know if it's really worthwhile. These days I have one fee day per week if I'm lucky and I have to try and get everything done on that day and this week on my potentially free Wednesday I'm going to have to hit the housework. The days when I could get out once or twice a week by myself have gone for the foreseeable and if I buy a new camera really it's almost just for the pleasure of ownership and for using on a holiday every two years if I'm lucky (I look after someone who needs quite a bit of care these days and I have married life to contend with.) Same with cars really. I have an MX5 that I very rarely drive and a Hyundai Getz that does the donkey work and although I'd love a new sports car what's the point.

Yeah and I even have one.
I was also the one that offered to sell it. But not in any hurry. Still a fair while before 24GM is available...
I have been told early October, so not that long before its available :)

Animal Eye AF coming soon. Lol
I knew it... haha quality :D but the big question is, will it be offered via a firmware update or will they save it for their next generation bodies?

1) They announced they will release twelve more E-mount lenses…soon
2) They also announced they are working on AI technology and on updating the EyeAF to make it work with animals

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ!
I knew it... haha quality :D but the big question is, will it be offered via a firmware update or will they save it for their next generation bodies?

1) They announced they will release twelve more E-mount lenses…soon
2) They also announced they are working on AI technology and on updating the EyeAF to make it work with animals

35mm f1.8 FE? Hope so, and I hope it's reasonably compact, good and somewhere between £400-700.

I am hoping for....

50mm GM
135mm GM
105mm GM Maco

maybe 35mm GM too lol
I want
35mm 1.8
35mm 1.4mk2
500 f4
600 f4
200-400 f4
800mm f5.6
12mm F2.8
200mm f1.8

Bodies:
All 4th gen to have dual uhs 3 sd card slots
Lossless compress raw
Full touch screen
Minimum 30mp new sensor stacked.
12 fps mechanical shutter and for the A9. 24fps electronic shutter
Battery door weather sealed

A redone 50mm macro would be nice too, just ditch the old tech focus system on the current one and replace it with a more modern system that might actually work on my camera.

Back