The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

How much were you selling it for pal ?

£225 inc. delivery :)

Despite what I said previously about the Sony being £800 more than the Sigma……due to the nature and what I need from this lens, really really really fast focusing (dancing), just changed my pre-order from the Sigma to the Sony.

Now I need to find another £800.

Basically same reasoning plus weatherseal, better ergonomics and size.

I have been told early October, so not that long before its available :)

I normally don't pre-order lenses. So might be Jan/Feb before I get mine :)

:)

Basically same reasoning plus weatherseal, better ergonomics and size.

Weather sealed is not a concern as I only get it out on the dance floor. Size wise...I use the 35mm too do if it's the same or smaller than that, it's fine, besides it's the flash that sticks out the most.

It's the AF that is most important.

Weather sealed is not a concern as I only get it out on the dance floor. Size wise...I use the 35mm too do if it's the same or smaller than that, it's fine, besides it's the flash that sticks out the most.

didn't you post a picture of your gear completely drenched like couple pages back? :p

even if size alone may not be of concern, not having a hollow tube helps with better balance and centre of gravity being towards the body. It also has other nice things like the aperture ring and the customisable button :)

My mates just showed me his Samyang 35mm 2.8 - how light?! Is there any glass in there?!!!!

Animal Eye-AF is going to be a big game changer.... I wonder how much more innovation can come out of the R&D Jedi's working for Sony :D

:eek::eek::eek:
Do you indeed :p:D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Why not just wait until you have the budget for a better lens. Buy cheap buy twice.

That would involve saving up - although my plastic friend is offering 0% on purchases for 12 months.. its a sign!!!! :D

Anyone ditched the odd hood on the Sony and using just a normal size cap - or does the hood do good things?!

I know you can fit a filter under the Sony hood... but not the Samyang hood!

1 and 4 are my favourite

Thank you. I think nexty time I'll go with the FE35 though for AF.

That would involve saving up - although my plastic friend is offering 0% on purchases for 12 months.. its a sign!!!! :D

Anyone ditched the odd hood on the Sony and using just a normal size cap - or does the hood do good things?!

I know you can fit a filter under the Sony hood... but not the Samyang hood!

I'm not sure this Instagram link will work...... - View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd0zhPggXr-/

I have a step up ring to 58mm (for previous bought filters) & a generic 58mm cap.....

Just been having a quick play with Capture One Pro for Sony.
Looks like quite a steep learning curve coming from LR +PS.
Does anyone use capture one here? Would I miss anything from PS if I made the switch?

Anyway here's my first capture one edit.

A chestnut by barrysprout, on Flickr

Looks good. Nice colour. I still get by with LR5 & CS6 standalone. If I ever upgrade the A7 though, I will have to change to something or pay subs to Adobe......

Looks good. Nice colour. I still get by with LR5 & CS6 standalone. If I ever upgrade the A7 though, I will have to change to something or pay subs to Adobe......

Thanks Lee.
I switched to LR CC a couple of years ago. stopped the monthly payments at the start of the year as I got a good deal on a 12mth sub on Amazon.
Just trying to decide if I can be bothered learning new software or buy another year of LR when it's inevitably reduced on black Friday.

A quick summary of Sony Photokina 2018/

Sony announced that they will release 12 more native E-mount lenses in near future and they will also add AI to next Sony cameras, and Eye AF to work on animals.

• Sony has the #1 share of the full frame market in the world
  • They’re #1 in mirrorless share in the world.
  • Sony is #1 when it comes to sensor manufacturing and EVF manufacturing
  • The resolution of the full frame sensor has gone beyond what 35mm film is capable of doing.
  • Their new XA lens elements are designed to achieve high surface precision
  • The E mount system has 48 lenses
  • Sony will be adding more lenses to the system to make it up to 60 in the near future. They didn’t say what lenses are coming though.
  • Sony’s Eye AF is more advanced than those from other companies’.
  • Eye AF is coming to animals soon

My A73 arrived today :D

Why ship it with 4% battery though? Hurry up and charge damnit!

I hope you like it.

I think the only thing wrong with it is it isn't f1.8. Other than that I can't really criticise it.

Just been having a quick play with Capture One Pro for Sony.
Looks like quite a steep learning curve coming from LR +PS.
Does anyone use capture one here? Would I miss anything from PS if I made the switch?

Anyway here's my first capture one edit.

A chestnut by barrysprout, on Flickr
i used it when I shot Sony,i found it a good programme,mind you I didnt go too deep into it but it was fine for general editing as your shot reveals :D

I've always used BBF on Nikon, but don't see the point on this. Used it because I focused then recomposed to where the point would have been outside the AF range.

But since this is full screen, I think I'll leave it on the shutter, and map AF-ON to Eye-AF

So apart from the build quality, what makes the Sony 35mm 2.8 worth the hefty premium over the Samyang. I mean a used one is £200+ more expensive and new £300+. Do you get better IQ and AF. A few reports have the Samyang as sharper?

what makes the Sony 35mm 2.8 worth the hefty premium over the Samyang

Nothing :D

I first bought the Samyang and then bought the Sony. Briefly had both to compare, the Sony was very very slightly sharper. Because I was feeling flush that month I kept the Sony and sold the Samyang. Couple of months later I realised the extra money in the Sony was better spent elsewhere so I sold it and now have the 24&35 Samyangs.

Back