The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

You may have to get copy receipt from original owner?

All 4 of my lenses technically qualifies..

24GM - Bought new myself from LCE
35ZA - Bought new myself from LCE
50ZA - Bought used from ffords
85GM - Bought used from forum member but have his receipt

I know the first 2 will be 100%....not sure if buying used from a store counts, but I guess a receipt for the 85GM also counts as it's not tied to a named person on the receipt.
What's also crazy is the group A and B list. The really old A77 or A7r/s is group A but A7iii is not! That's a little idiotic

Yup, 35/85 is spot on. The 85 1.8 is a must have, cheap but so good, puts the Nikkor to shame.

I tried (extensively) all 3 35 1.4 for the system, optically I was disappointed by the Zeiss, the sigma is a better performer wide open and the Zeiss CA is really bad... For me it's to much money for worse performance. The Samyang is pretty great but had the worse caf.

did you do the firmware update on the sammy? just wondering if it improved the af much?

Yup, 35/85 is spot on. The 85 1.8 is a must have, cheap but so good, puts the Nikkor to shame.

I tried (extensively) all 3 35 1.4 for the system, optically I was disappointed by the Zeiss, the sigma is a better performer wide open and the Zeiss CA is really bad... For me it's to much money for worse performance. The Samyang is pretty great but had the worse caf.

Which Nikkor, I have the 1.4? What about 50?

That would depend on how far back you go. I ran the two systems side by side for some time, E-M1 Mkii and a 1DX, and the m4/3 sensor didn’t deliver what I wanted in so many scenarios.
Everything has to be looked at in some sort of context, I don't know what those cameras are but the latter 16mp an 20mp sensor cameras aren't bad and give me pictures that are "better" than anything I ever got from film and very probably better than anything I ever got from my Canon 5D.

Actually they would give some current FF canon bodies a fright but that's not hard is it :p

Nah, but I do have a lx100

Ah. I've fancied one of those but I'm a bit put off spending a lot on a fixed lens camera as I'm paranoid about getting dust bunnies. I know it's much less likely with a fixed lens camera but the fear is there for me. I hope you'll be happy with yours.

Ah. I've fancied one of those but I'm a bit put off spending a lot on a fixed lens camera as I'm paranoid about getting dust bunnies. I know it's much less likely with a fixed lens camera but the fear is there for me. I hope you'll be happy with yours.

This is my second compact, it's been fine so far.

You can't get such a fast lens in a smaller package.

Jesus, I'm on the verge of removing my subscription to this thread :banghead::banghead::banghead: :LOL:

The 55 is flat, it's sharp (not as much as the art), small and has fast AF, those are the benefits... But it's still flat.

Back