The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Couldn't you get by with the Fuji?

Could more than get by with the Fuji glass. Missing a camera though.

Done park cameras, jessops and cameraworld in my lunch hour today looking for a bargain but found none. Did have a hold of the new canon and Nikon mirrorless bodies though.

Could more than get by with the Fuji glass. Missing a camera though.

Done park cameras, jessops and cameraworld in my lunch hour today looking for a bargain but found none. Did have a hold of the new canon and Nikon mirrorless bodies though.

Xt3?

What you reckon then?

Xt3?

What you reckon then?

I’m waiting for the dust to settle with the xt3. Although there are some deals popping up here and there for the h1. It’s very, very nice to use. I’d probably buy another of them if found at the right price. Tempted to see what happens with the next firmware update.

Can’t really judge as unfortunately I was short on time I didn’t get to put a lens on either canon or Nikon - but the bodies feel very comfortable in the hand. Nikon edging it with the joystick. I like the innovation of canon with the customisable ring on the lens or adaptor. Yeap I said canon and innovation lol.

I’m shooting at a Sony/wex sponsored event at the weekend and if I’m organised and arrive early enough I may get to spend the day with an a73 or a9 - which could be interesting.

I’m waiting for the dust to settle with the xt3. Although there are some deals popping up here and there for the h1. It’s very, very nice to use. I’d probably buy another of them if found at the right price. Tempted to see what happens with the next firmware update.

Can’t really judge as unfortunately I was short on time I didn’t get to put a lens on either canon or Nikon - but the bodies feel very comfortable in the hand. Nikon edging it with the joystick. I like the innovation of canon with the customisable ring on the lens or adaptor. Yeap I said canon and innovation lol.

I’m shooting at a Sony/wex sponsored event at the weekend and if I’m organised and arrive early enough I may get to spend the day with an a73 or a9 - which could be interesting.
Sony A7 III and A9 ... whats not to like :D

How much was Sigma’s mount change service again?

The only decision on the switch I’m unsure about is the 135 art. Mine is barely used, practically new still and perfect. Wondering whether it’s worth selling for a 24 art to fill that void or have the mount changed.
24 is my least used and most unexciting fl but handy to have. The 135 isn’t so well used, but when it is, it’s special..

Last edited:

The only decision on the switch I’m unsure about is the 135 art. Mine is barely used, practically new still and perfect. Wondering whether it’s worth selling for a 24 art to fill that void or have the mount changed.
24 is my least used and most unexciting fl but handy to have. The 135 isn’t so well used, but when it is, it’s special..

The 135mm is in the upper bracket, so £390...:

https://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/mount-conversion-service/

The 135 is insane. Absolutely love it, the IBIS is fab with it

Don’t know about the 135 but the 20mm, 35mm and 50mm are £240.

The way I see it he is supporting them so that in future they will provide us with better camera.

Going off the idea now after reading Gordon Laing's review, his take on the AF is different to others I've read and generally he's pretty impartial. 'AF performance the same as liveview on the 5D4', if true, doesn't tickle my fancy... Honestly the EVF at 5 FPS in AF-C would be a slideshow which would drive me nuts, so yeah g.a.s is subsiding :whistle:

I've contacted Panamoz about matching/beating E-Infin's price on the A7 III lens kit (£1819). (y)

Why isn't it available? I had no trouble getting mine when they first came out. Have they had production issues or did I get in early and are they selling out now?

I've honestly no idea..... I guess it's a supply or production issue because they seem to be nowhere. And I've been keeping an eye out for several weeks now. Robert White say stock arriving in November......

Buy the one in the classifieds for £1600 and spend the rest on a decent lens? :)

I'm not saying it's not a good deal, but for me to buy used it would need to be a bigger saving over brand new.

I got my broken A6000 back fixed, so I may well wait to see if there's anything decent on black friday.

It's probably due to how many Sony owners are in there stirring things up :D

Not stirring but keeping it real.

On this site the Canon seems to be getting more interest than the Nikon but on Luminous Landscape it's the other way around.

And a PS.
This thread has from time to time been full of talk of just about anything and everything but Sony but we seem to have survived but mention the competition in some other threads and you're a trolling fanboy.

Last edited:
I've honestly no idea..... I guess it's a supply or production issue because they seem to be nowhere. And I've been keeping an eye out for several weeks now. Robert White say stock arriving in November......
Looking on other forums the lens maybe took a while to gather some interest and take off. Maybe I was lucky as I bought from the first batch.

Back