The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I've always thought that the 28-70mm f3.5-5.6 is an underrated lens.

M mount Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 again...

100%.

ntIxnAu.jpg

Into the sun.

uStD5Oy.jpg

About minimum focus distance with the close focus adapter.

K2WyoL0.jpg

100% from that.

HC5KraQ.jpg

I still can't make my mind up if I want to keep this or not.

Oh, yes... A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you ALL!!!!!

Hugs and kisses etc...

Close focus adapter again.

8z595Ka.jpg

Playing around with the FE 50mm 1.8 today. Only purchased as a safety net in case for some reason the two MC-11s fail, but it's actually pretty decent. Eye AF is rapid even in ISO2000 conditions and the balance is rather lovely considering I'm used to the 35 and 85 Sigma Arts, it might even become my daily walkaround despite being a bit long (please Sony, release a 35mm 1.8!)

They've said there's a 35mm f1.8 coming in 2019. Lets hope it happens.

Rumours...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-v7RKd_8RI

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

Rumours relevant to this thread...

Apparently there'll be a press event in mid January, maybe to announce some new kit...

A7000?
New APS-C lens?
135mm f1.8 GM and drum roll....
35mm f1.8 G !!!!!! :D

I'll believe it when I see it and if it happens I'd like the 35mm to be reasonably compact and good with good bokeh and an added bonus would be if it focuses closely. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed.

Read all about it...

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-there-is-a-new-major-sony-press-event-in-mid-january/

Of course they have. I've just bought the CV40/1.2 haven't I? ;)

Have you had chance to try it yet?

I've only used mine a few times since the e mount 35mm f1.4 came out. There's no doubt that the 40mm is the more modern lens though.

The A mount 135mm 1.8 is my favourite lens of all time, if they come close to that with quicker AF I'll be first in the queue.

Have you had chance to try it yet?

I've only used mine a few times since the e mount 35mm f1.4 came out. There's no doubt that the 40mm is the more modern lens though.

Twice. Both woodland walks. So yeah, it does that well it seems. Sharper & without the smeary close-to-camera corners. Does bring some nice, smooth separation too. I think I'm going to like it but do need a bit more time with it. Looking forward to going to Bath etc with it at some point.

The A mount 135mm 1.8 is my favourite lens of all time, if they come close to that with quicker AF I'll be first in the queue.

Still planning on getting my mount converted in the new year. Or, maybe I should see how this new one looks? The Art is a superb lens.

Still planning on getting my mount converted in the new year. Or, maybe I should see how this new one looks? The Art is a superb lens.

I was talking about the old Sony Zeiss Sonnar lens, had that for the a99 then used via the LA-EA4 on the a7 for a while. Unbelievably good bit of glass and still commands £1k.

I was talking about the old Sony Zeiss Sonnar lens, had that for the a99 then used via the LA-EA4 on the a7 for a while. Unbelievably good bit of glass and still commands £1k.

Ha, I completely misread that. I’ll blame it on the festive drink [emoji15]

Playing around with the FE 50mm 1.8 today. Only purchased as a safety net in case for some reason the two MC-11s fail, but it's actually pretty decent. Eye AF is rapid even in ISO2000 conditions and the balance is rather lovely considering I'm used to the 35 and 85 Sigma Arts, it might even become my daily walkaround despite being a bit long (please Sony, release a 35mm 1.8!)

It looks bigger in the pics really. It’s a very light lens and balances well. I borrowed one for a week and thinking of getting one as a general walk about lens too as finding the Samyang 35mm decent but not fantastic when the light goes.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas Day.

I thought I would post up the SanDisk 300MB/s 64GB SD cards are currently very close (24p) to their lowest ever price at £90.23 on Amazon. May be worth a look if anyone is looking for fast memory cards like I was.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Extreme-300MB-UHS-II-Memory-x/dp/B01JYUU1ZU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545812889&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=sandisk+300mb/s&dpPl=1&dpID=51kNqUdmb3L&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

Just received my 6 UHS II from Sandisk in replacement for my UHSI cards that didn’t work. They do write a lot quicker but possibly overkill for me.

We had a great day yesterday. We went round all the family and then home to a big dinner, just four of us. This is the only picture I can post, A7 and 35mm f2.8. About half or maybe more of the pictures were taken at f5 as f2.8 just gives too little DoF. The ISO was 5,000 to 10,000 under awful artificial lights. Face detect worked well.

irW3xkP.jpg

Last edited:
Just received my 6 UHS II from Sandisk in replacement for my UHSI cards that didn’t work. They do write a lot quicker but possibly overkill for me.

They told me to return it to Amazon…barstewards :p

Now I can't buy any until I know they are either all recalled or fixed or something.

Back