The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I haven't played FIFA in nearly a decade.
Last game I played was Pokémon ultrasun lol :D
But that's on 3DS. I guess last console game I played was dark souls 3. I bought Jon's xbone basically just to play this game and mass effect Andromeda which I still haven't started. Haven't played anything in 6 months though :(

Last edited:
Very nice indeed. Looks like its not finished yet though. It'd be cool get a picture of It in action :D

I think another couple of weeks and I will have it finished, also depends when my study desk and sofa arrives which will be the final items.

I have put up some blackout curtains to create a separation from the study desk and treadmill area and built a 500 blu-ray storage unit on the short side next to the door.
I still need to install the following....

Screen
Soundbar
Bluray Player
Apple TV 4K
SkyQ 2TB
Network Hub
Popcorn Machine (room permitting)
Study desk, chair and drawers
Shelves
Philips Hue lighting
Wall art / decoration
Movie themed items like trays, popcorn boxes, cushions, art etc

:D

Turn it into a games room with slot machines, foosball and a pool table.
Not big enough for that..... the room is only 5.3m x 2.5m. :(
One of the main reasons I have gone for a screen and not a projector, although the costs of a 4K projector was crazy too.

You said getting them tiled was they not done
Ah right,
no we didn't get any additional items on the house as it was past the stage where you could change the order.
To be honest, builders always rip you off when you start ticking the options lists.

If I had a room like that there'd be a pool table, a fridge and microwave, an old fashioned one arm bandit, a bar and a hifi in it. Actually I might put a bed in there too and live there.

Not big enough for that..... the room is only 5.3m x 2.5m. :(
One of the main reasons I have gone for a screen and not a projector, although the costs of a 4K projector was crazy too.
I meant the kitchen not your cinema room :D

If I had a room like that there'd be a pool table, a fridge and microwave, an old fashioned one arm bandit, a bar and a hifi in it. Actually I might put a bed in there too and live there.

I used to have a man room. It was the ticket, had a beer fridge, optics, pool table, dart board, t,v with 3 games consoles etc.

When our youngest came along it became her bedroom.

Lets have another kid the wife said, it will be great craic she said. :(

Mrs WW likes superhero pictures. I zone out :D

I'll tell her about this one.

I used to have a man room. It was the ticket, had a beer fridge, optics, pool table, dart board, t,v with 3 games consoles etc.

When our youngest came along it became her bedroom.

Lets have another kid the wife said, it will be great craic she said. :(

Ah! I forgot the dart board!

I prefer a nice romantic / drama :D

Favorites at the moment...
Our little sister.
Poetry.
Me before you.
A perfect plan.
Tell no one.

Last edited:
I think you have to stay until the end of these are there usually is a teaser at the end of the credits.

I like the logos and signs but I think I'd prefer something a bit older like old pub stuff especially maybe the back off a pin ball machine or fruit machine display or something like that.

I used to fix fruit machines and stuff like that, I really should have bagged some bits and pieces as they were dirt cheap or free back then.

I think you have to stay until the end of these are there usually is a teaser at the end of the credits.

I like the logos and signs but I think I'd prefer something a bit older like old pub stuff especially maybe the back off a pin ball machine or fruit machine display or something like that.

I used to fix fruit machines and stuff like that, I really should have bagged some bits and pieces as they were dirt cheap or free back then.

There are definitely no end credits/teasers after End Game :0)

That’s some commitment! I’m two games of FIFA on the Xbox then don’t touch it for a few days!

Im an fps player so a few games are the warm up, and currently playing pubg, is iff your winning the games can be 30min each, I really should cut back again as my editing goes out the window.

I think another couple of weeks and I will have it finished, also depends when my study desk and sofa arrives which will be the final items.

I have put up some blackout curtains to create a separation from the study desk and treadmill area and built a 500 blu-ray storage unit on the short side next to the door.
I still need to install the following....

Screen
Soundbar
Bluray Player
Apple TV 4K
SkyQ 2TB
Network Hub
Popcorn Machine (room permitting)
Study desk, chair and drawers
Shelves
Philips Hue lighting
Wall art / decoration
Movie themed items like trays, popcorn boxes, cushions, art etc

what are you doing for the screen? and I'm sort of confused with the sound system.. are you running atoms or just a sound bar?

Mrs WW likes superhero pictures. I zone out :D

I'll tell her about this one.

Same with mine, she has a thing for Rob Downy I think. Me, can't be bothered with them, prefer a good gangster flick or horror. Though I will admit I enjoyed the Umbrella Academy, thought I'd hate it.

That room looks sweet Riz, not my taste but I'd not say no! A mix of that and what woof imagines would be my kind of thing, pool table, poker machine, mini bar, Duke box . . . Don't mind a bit of neon and I'd roll the movies while playing pool.

Im an fps player so a few games are the warm up, and currently playing pubg, is iff your winning the games can be 30min each, I really should cut back again as my editing goes out the window.

what are you doing for the screen? and I'm sort of confused with the sound system.. are you running atoms or just a sound bar?

I spent a fair bit of time last year trying to decide on what equipment to get, in the end I went for a LG C8 65" OLED screen and a Samsung HW-N950 Atmos Soundbar..... they were the best choices for what I was looking and within a budget.
OLED is stunning when it comes to picture quality, you just have to be careful to avoid screen burn, the C8 was the logical choice as it offers Dolby Vision too.
The Samsung soundbar is a 7.1.4 Atmos soundbar, having demo'd the N850, it blew my mind on how good it was.

I spent a fair bit of time last year trying to decide on what equipment to get, in the end I went for a LG C8 65" OLED screen and a Samsung HW-N950 Atmos Soundbar..... they were the best choices for what I was looking and within a budget.
OLED is stunning when it comes to picture quality, you just have to be careful to avoid screen burn, the C8 was the logical choice as it offers Dolby Vision too.
The Samsung soundbar is a 7.1.4 Atmos soundbar, having demo'd the N850, it blew my mind on how good it was.

Nice I had looked at the LG's, but due to gaming went with the Sony xf9005 and sadly for the sitting room 55 was the max we could fit.
sound wise mine back to a simple sound bar, the room shape and fact the wife didn't like the rumble at 11-2am meant my 5.1 mission speakers have been packed away for years.
how do the atoms sound bars compare to a full set up.

Nice I had looked at the LG's, but due to gaming went with the Sony xf9005 and sadly for the sitting room 55 was the max we could fit.
sound wise mine back to a simple sound bar, the room shape and fact the wife didn't like the rumble at 11-2am meant my 5.1 mission speakers have been packed away for years.
how do the atoms sound bars compare to a full set up.

A soundbar will have some compromises when compared to a full speaker and amplifier setup but it doesn't cost as much and it is wife friendly (neat). I priced it up and to get a conventional 7.1.4 setup, it would have cost me at least £2000-2500, which was way more than I wanted to spend.
My advice would be to get yourself down to your local Currys/PCWorld and test out the Samsung HW-N850 / 950 with their Atmos demo material, I guarantee that you will walk away with a big cheesy smile on your face. Its that good! :)

The Sony A6400, E 16-70mm f4, FE 35mm f2.8 and FE 55mm f1.8 would make for a very nice travelling setup. You could add the FE 70-200mm f4 for telephoto too! ;)

except the 16-70mm isn't all that good especially for his standards ;)

Back