The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

not sure if I am imagining it either but the 35 looks even sharper

@ancient_mariner

I called in at the local zoo and gave the 'Plastic Fantastic' 'Nifty Fifty' 'Council House Prime' a quick try. I must say in daylight I found the AF to be very fast and accurate and Eye AF worked fine on the parrots but only once I got in close. I'll be keeping mine at least for a while. This was shot at f/3.2 100ISO 1/320s. Ok it's not the sharpest lens and lacking a little contrast but for £125 I'm actually quite impressed.

DSC09191 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

Did you watch it? or check download the 1gb of files?

There is a very obvious difference at ISO 12,800 of A7RIV vs X1D - the A7RIV has considerable colour noise and the X1D does not, it looks pretty good.

Id want the X1d, but FF lenses are faster so that ISO advantage does disappear somewhat.

I bought the previous one and returned it because it barely held the A73 with a 35 ZA….I noticed DJI just released the Ronin SC this week too and saw yours. Curious which one is better and why you picked this one.

The previous a2000 payload is 2.5kg, did you remember to adjust the motor strength?

Ronin sc is 2kg payload. I watched a bunch of reviews and the feiyu just seemed excellent vfm with a big payload and the touch screen is really cool.

The previous a2000 payload is 2.5kg, did you remember to adjust the motor strength?

Ronin sc is 2kg payload. I watched a bunch of reviews and the feiyu just seemed excellent vfm with a big payload and the touch screen is really cool.

I think because I have mine on a little Lim's grip which pushes the centre of gravity back a bit which was why it struggled. It was on the verge of doing it but it jitters now and again.

I think because I have mine on a little Lim's grip which pushes the centre of gravity back a bit which was why it struggled. It was on the verge of doing it but it jitters now and again.
Would’ve thought it would still be okay, lot of people on the web seem to forget to adjust the motor strength when they load them heavy (all makes), once they change that it’s fine, either it’s set with to much power which can cause vibrations at times or to low and doesn’t work effectively. I’ll use mine with 28 f2, 85 1.8 and 35 art so will let you know.

Last edited:
yeah I was there an hour so and got bored so I left. Had a roam around Spitalfields market which was actually more interesting :D

It wasn't particularly well organised. Its certainly an interesting area. A street photographers wet dream.

It wasn't particularly well organised. Its certainly an interesting area. A street photographers wet dream.
No it wasn't, was rather crap tbh. The LCE Goodwood event in comparison was amazing. Also their 10% off is valid for 10 days.

It would have been good for street but a lot of folks there don't line being photographed.

Did you go to Brick Lane?

No, I don't actually like brick lane all that much tbh. Over photographed, mucky, sticky and too many people at times.
I am a great fan of London but brick lane isn't one of them lol.

I actually quite liked it, you get to learn about the light settings with the Pros.

In fact, I wasn't happy with the Sony reps (although they were the same guys at Goodwood) that I asked for a few lens to try all I get is oh can you wait let me serve him first. Waited and waited and I give up. They don't even ask if I am still wanting to try lenses.

_RL_0360.jpg

_RL_0365.jpg

It's interesting that he got one to take out in the wild whereas all the others are in the studio in NYC for the launch.

That’s my local bmx track where my youngest used to ride. Small world

I actually quite liked it, you get to learn about the light settings with the Pros.

In fact, I wasn't happy with the Sony reps (although they were the same guys at Goodwood) that I asked for a few lens to try all I get is oh can you wait let me serve him first. Waited and waited and I give up. They don't even ask if I am still wanting to try lenses.

View attachment 250413

View attachment 250414
May be it got a bit better but it was rather unorganized at the start with many many people and the models seemed like they didn't want to be there or mostly uninterested.
The only model at Goodwood in comparison was really nice and she seemed more professional.

Did you watch it? or check download the 1gb of files?

There is a very obvious difference at ISO 12,800 of A7RIV vs X1D - the A7RIV has considerable colour noise and the X1D does not, it looks pretty good.
Yea i did watch it. Didn't download the images though

I bought the previous one and returned it because it barely held the A73 with a 35 ZA….I noticed DJI just released the Ronin SC this week too and saw yours. Curious which one is better and why you picked this one.

I think you'd struggle with the SC, not because of the payload but because of the limitations on lens length but depends on what you'll use.

Back