The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Anyone here using the Sigma 105 beast on their Sony cameras ?

Anyone here using the Sigma 105 beast on their Sony cameras ?

Yes. It is enormous.

CysmS19.jpg

eHcjpv0.jpg

Focus faster than you think, but it is VERY bulky, difficult to hold. Very sharp though.

I've not photographed a face with it yet, will be used next week.

In the garden, full of these flowers and it blows everything around it to blur.

SNOtr6k.jpg

NBMkiUr.png

weighin up my options here. Seems like im destined to not get the 85GM... Unless someone fancies a part exchange lol

weighin up my options here. Seems like im destined to not get the 85GM... Unless someone fancies a part exchange lol

The 105 is NOT a daily and NOT a run and gun.

I wouldn't even put it in my bag to carry. It will stay in the case, come out for a shoot idea and then put away again. I got it mostly because it's either that or the 135 but I find the 135 too long and thought 105 with a 70-200 would be more useful.

The 105 focal length is great, it's just the lens is so large, width wise you have your left hand practically wide open.

The 105 is NOT a daily and NOT a run and gun.

I wouldn't even put it in my bag to carry. It will stay in the case, come out for a shoot idea and then put away again. I got it mostly because it's either that or the 135 but I find the 135 too long and thought 105 with a 70-200 would be more useful.

The 105 focal length is great, it's just the lens is so large, width wise you have your left hand practically wide open.

Beastly then. Probably give it a miss.

Still hunting for an 85GM

Nice! I’m just outside Bologna just now - enjoying the film festival? [emoji51]

Very nice, hope it's a bit more comfortable weather wise in Bologna! o_O
Was on a social photography trip/jolly with 3 friends. Did all the usual stuff/sites but didn't see anything of the Film Festival stuff as that is centred on Lido, which is an island that's a 15 min boat ride away from the main island. Really crowded for sure though. Hope you're having a great time of it in Bologna, Omar. :)

Caught in the wild eh?

There was always going to be a new camera in 2 weeks. Think everyone thought it would be the A7SII replacement with the A9II supposed to be around Nov.

I am gonna cancel my pre-order for the A7RIV as I can’t afford both.

There was always going to be a new camera in 2 weeks. Think everyone thought it would be the A7SII replacement with the A9II supposed to be around Nov.

I am gonna cancel my pre-order for the A7RIV as I can’t afford both.

I am going to wait.....I don't think I am at the limit of my A73 yet and the only thing that bugs me is the EVF and I can cope with that.

I am going to wait.....I don't think I am at the limit of my A73 yet and the only thing that bugs me is the EVF and I can cope with that.

I need a higher res camera for a project. The A7RIV suits better for that but with the A9 getting a bump in resolution it should do fine.

A9II coming in 2 weeks.

This is the one I have been waiting for.:oops: :$

Hope that's right, I've been waiting for that. I got my A7RIV last month, looks like another expensive month this month then!

Any leaked/rumoured spec yet?

Hope that's right, I've been waiting for that. I got my A7RIV last month, looks like another expensive month this month then!

Any leaked/rumoured spec yet?

All hear say just yet, other than a likely bump to 36 mp.

Is it easier to see details on the EVF compared with an OVF. For example, unwanted objects - or untucked shirts? I'm just wondering if the EVF makes things like that easier to perceive?

Jealous with the amount of kit you have. I'm down to just a 35mm prime and a 70-200mm f4 :-(

On the Fuji I only ever use the 35/1.4 (50mm).

If I don’t do paid work I wouldn’t have all that kit, I would love to for sure but I couldn’t justify it.

I finally succumbed this weekend and traded in all my Olympus m4/3 gear for an A73 (after reading so many good things about it on here). Looking forward to getting my head around it this week.

I'll be interested to know what you think of it especially if shooting in low light and I don't mean ISO 1,600 light, more like 25,600 at 1/60 or less light.

In that light my A7's af is useles and my MFT cameras are faster in that light than my A7 in good light.

Back