The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Anyone with an A7RII and a couple nice cheap primes interested in trade for an X-H1 and 16 1.4 got a post up in classified

Last edited:
Yes I did, you said the A9 had a 500,000 shutter life, and I was showing that from the A7rii the r series also had a shutter life of 500,000

It does, that is a fact in response to the other poster. I never queried whether the R2 had a 500k shutter, nobody did.

Also if rumours are to be believed canon is developing a RF 135mm f1.4.

Hopefully it'll be sharper, smaller and much cheaper than my 135GM

It does, that is a fact in response to the other poster. I never queried whether the R2 had a 500k shutter, nobody did.
Please accept my sincerest apologies.
I had previously said the 7riii and 7riv was 500,000 and someone said they thought it was 200,000.
I was merely trying to show that from the rii it changed to 500,000.

I'm already over half way to the expected shutter life of my A7III (I think it's 200,000 on the A7III)

I'm already over half way to the expected shutter life of my A7III (I think it's 200,000 on the A7III)

I always wonder how people even get close to that, outside of extremely active Pros!? I don't think I have ever owned a camera that clocked over 20K, and I've had some for 4-5yrs

I always wonder how people even get close to that, outside of extremely active Pros!? I don't think I have ever owned a camera that clocked over 20K, and I've had some for 4-5yrs

I've changed my shift at work so have lot's of leisure time, and I take my camera almost everywhere. I do overshoot, and I know it, but enjoy it and wearing out a shutter won't stop me. (y)

I've changed my shift at work so have lot's of leisure time, and I take my camera almost everywhere. I do overshoot, and I know it, but enjoy it and wearing out a shutter won't stop me. (y)

There is always silent shutter
That's one of the biggest benefits of A9. You can shoot with electronic shutter with almost no downsides unlike any other camera in market so far.

Wow under 20k in 5 years, but you've said before that you don't do action, fast AF stuff.

'If' I do wear out my shutter mechanism within 3 years (I'll definitely reach 200,000) it'll be interesting to see if Panamoz warranty will cover the shutter replacement. A quick scan through their terms & conditions makes me believe they would cover it.

That's one of the biggest benefits of A9. You can shoot with electronic shutter with almost no downsides unlike any other camera in market so far.

The mk3s are looking to be prone to shutter damage, which is surprising for sony, maybe it just goes with the fact that the newest cams shoot so fast.

I do use my A7III in silent often

The mk3s are looking to be prone to shutter damage, which is surprising for sony, maybe it just goes with the fact that the newest cams shoot so fast.

A lot of the problem ones have been very low shutter counts which would suggest that particular problem is fault of part or manufacturing rather than wearing out. I'm sure there's even a group on FB for people that have had this happen.

Wow under 20k in 5 years, but you've said before that you don't do action, fast AF stuff.

Yeah, not even kidding, my old Nikon D800E [Hi @f/2.8 :ROFLMAO: ] had under 20K on the clock when I sold it, had it just under 5 yr. The X-H1 I own atm as just 8K after less than a year and at that I think I shot more events using it than the Nikon. I guess I'm a very selective shooter :/

I think I'm just a bit stingey with the shots, I never use any rapid fire modes, single shot only, and I hate having to deal with multiples

I shoot a lot of birds, pets, kids and nearly always in burst mode. I do cull a hell of a lot of decent in focus photos but I like to have the choice of keepers.

I shoot a lot of birds, pets, kids and nearly always in burst mode. I do cull a hell of a lot of decent in focus photos but I like to have the choice of keepers.

I think the burst modes make a hella difference over time, I just never use them, always been a single shot type. It's been working for me, I'll miss shots, but never anything major

Nice! Good you're using the damn thing.

Yeah, life's too short to worry about these things, number one priority is enjoyment.

Back