The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Can someone give me some eBay help ?!

I purchased a used A7r III described as 'immaculate' - it certainly looked it in the photos.

I recieved it today and it is not immaculate - there is rubbing on all the bottom corners.

I know they are easy to mark but its not been described accurately - can anyone offer any advice ?

thanks

initiate a return.

A renovated monks bedroom at Mt Grace Priory.

6S5hnqH.jpg

There's an amazing tree there and when I said "Go and see" at first Mrs WW wasn't impressed but soon was and said "Take my picture in it."

6jts64v.jpg

I've never seen another like it.

Oh, A7 with Voigtlander 35mm f1.4.

PS.
This is a gorgeous place and it must have been a 5 star posting for monks. I think if their cells which were complete with gardens were built today they'd sell very well :D

Last edited:
Let me know !
Got to get my money back first !
Don’t worry, you’ll get your money back.
If you started a return item case with the seller, even if they did refuse which they can’t really, you can still use the Ebay resolution centre who will rule in your favour and issue the refund which they then claim back from the seller.

Don’t worry, you’ll get your money back.
If you started a return item case with the seller, even if they did refuse which they can’t really, you can still use the Ebay resolution centre who will rule in your favour and issue the refund which they then claim back from the seller.
Thanks again :)

There's a Voigtlander f2 review on Steve Huff's site, by Khunya Pan. It's on a Leica but it'll fit a Sony with a cheap adapter.

https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2020...5mm-f-2-ultron-lens-on-the-m10-by-khunya-pan/

I don't like lenses you focus with tabs so I quite fancied one of these as as far as I can see it has a more normal focus ring but I wont bother as I have too many 35's already.

Those picture are a bit too dark and contrasty for me but hey ho.

Well I've still not managed to get out with the camera so you're going to have to put up with another photo of Betty ;)

A7R00151
by TDG-77, on Flickr

I'll just add that the 18mm Samyang is a little belter, fast to focus, picks up animal EyeAF at surprisingly far away for such a wide lens, sharp enough. Flare, distortion and CA are all amazing given the price point. Yes it feels like a toy and the lens hood feels straight out of a Home Bargains christmas cracker. But where it matters, I'm impressed. It weighs literally nothing, no hardship at all to bring along in the bag, or even the coat pocket.

I'll just add that the 18mm Samyang is a little belter, fast to focus, picks up animal EyeAF at surprisingly far away for such a wide lens, sharp enough. Flare, distortion and CA are all amazing given the price point. Yes it feels like a toy and the lens hood feels straight out of a Home Bargains christmas cracker. But where it matters, I'm impressed. It weighs literally nothing, no hardship at all to bring along in the bag, or even the coat pocket.
Any examples?
I fancy something wider than my 24-105.

Last edited:
dsc03551.jpgdsc03531.jpgdsc03626.jpgdsc03500.jpgdsc03650.jpg

Some images I took last week for a friend at his work. He was needing images for the website showing them working.
So I dropped by for an hour in the middle of dinner service, reasonably happy with them.But was kind of restricted in where I could stand/ shoot as they were busy and similarly the kitchen had quite a lot of distracting items/rubbish I couldn’t move.

Never done anything like this before though.

View attachment 270813View attachment 270814View attachment 270815View attachment 270816View attachment 270817

Some images I took last week for a friend at his work. He was needing images for the website showing them working.
So I dropped by for an hour in the middle of dinner service, reasonably happy with them.But was kind of restricted in where I could stand/ shoot as they were busy and similarly the kitchen had quite a lot of distracting items/rubbish I couldn’t move.

Never done anything like this before though.
Did he wash his hands?hehe

Excellent set !

Its a cracking lens isnt it ? So light but sharp and contrasty :)

Thanks (y)

Yep it's better than I was expecting. I don't think it's quite as sharp as my Samyang 14mm f/2.8 (manual) but it's more useable in more situations, I find the 14mm a little too extreme in a lot of situations. Looking forward to using it for cityscapes very soon.

Thanks (y)

Yep it's better than I was expecting. I don't think it's quite as sharp as my Samyang 14mm f/2.8 (manual) but it's more useable in more situations, I find the 14mm a little too extreme in a lot of situations. Looking forward to using it for cityscapes very soon.

glad to hear. I’ve got a brand new one I’ve been wondering whether to keep.

Does anybody buy their lenses?

I had a couple of Tokina lenses when I shot Nikon, incredible build quality and nice optics luck of the draw in terms of a.f performance though.

There newer lenses don’t have that same build quality but haven’t used any of them to see if a.f performance is better.

Interesting though that there most recent lens the 85mm is just a rebadged Viltrox.

I had a couple of Tokina lenses when I shot Nikon, incredible build quality and nice optics luck of the draw in terms of a.f performance though.

There newer lenses don’t have that same build quality but haven’t used any of them to see if a.f performance is better.

Interesting though that there most recent lens the 85mm is just a rebadged Viltrox.

They just seem a bit stupid to go after the 1.8 1st party lenses and 1.4 Sigma APSC offerings, especially as they are so cheap. I had read about the rebadge.

They've had a good name for a long time.

Even I have one.

Had, I havent really heard much good about their newer lenses. Maybe its just a market Im not looking at or have seen better equivalents.

Last edited:
You must have missed them.

I suppose it's easy to lose a reputation but I don't think Tokina have lost theirs yet and even now I think anything they put their name to at least deserves a look.

Back