The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

It decreases the annoyance but if you are bursting its still very much annoying from time to time. Once you rack up say 30-50 shots in a burst you are stuck waiting anyway.
Sony really need to either fix it i.e. release firmware so that camera allows you to change settings or in future releases use faster cards. I am not fan of CFexpress cards because they are so darn expensive but I'd be willing to pay the price if it means this won't be a problem. Currently its probably the most annoying thing about the camera for me.

I use the fastest sandisk pro cards and the mafrotto rugged/tough cards which are also very close to fastest SD cards.
They fixed it on the EM1-II via a firmware so I'm sure Sony can,... if they want to. Fortunately I don't burst more than about 20 shots, and it's rare that I do that many tbh. But even a few seconds delay after doing a burst of 5 or 6 is irritating.

We should get a community Samyang dock lol

there was a chap who previously was kind enough to post it about to people on this thread who needed it. was it Trev?
not suggesting anyone does that btw, but it was very generous.

there was a chap who previously was kind enough to post it about to people on this thread who needed it. was it Trev?
not suggesting anyone does that btw, but it was very generous.
I've done things like this in the past but unfortunately some don't look after the equipment as I do myself and so I'm a bit wary these days :(

I spoke to our telephone support (it is an outsourced company), the tech is swamped under at the moment because everyone is trying to set up to work from home. A lot of companies is trying to put it in place ASAP.

I can actually take the work phone home and the number follows the phone, as long as I can get a powered by ethernet port router for it to connect to.

Did you have a good time? Took loads of photos?

I think I ended up with 23k photos oh dear... :facepalm:

It decreases the annoyance but if you are bursting its still very much annoying from time to time. Once you rack up say 30-50 shots in a burst you are stuck waiting anyway.
Sony really need to either fix it i.e. release firmware so that camera allows you to change settings or in future releases use faster cards. I am not fan of CFexpress cards because they are so darn expensive but I'd be willing to pay the price if it means this won't be a problem. Currently its probably the most annoying thing about the camera for me.

I use the fastest sandisk pro cards and the mafrotto rugged/tough cards which are also very close to fastest SD cards.

CFExpress is rather new in the mass so let it saturated the price will come down. I would want Sony to adapt CFExpress in their new generation bodies, I recently exceeded the buffer on the A9 and the writing speed is rather slow/pain to look at.

CFExpress is rather new in the mass so let it saturated the price will come down. I would want Sony to adapt CFExpress in their new generation bodies, I recently exceeded the buffer on the A9 and the writing speed is rather slow/pain to look at.
What were you shooting to reach the buffer of the A9? :eek:

It's still a s***ty thing to do and costing them money Tommy.

It's just something I couldn't do.

:ROFLMAO:

I have spent over 6k with Amazon in the last year so I am sure they can afford to “loan” me a dock and cost themselves a fiver by having to resell as box opened.

:ROFLMAO:

I have spent over 6k with Amazon in the last year so I am sure they can afford to “loan” me a dock and cost themselves a fiver by having to resell as box opened.

it's not about the money, it's about the principle of it.

If you want to experience filling the buffer then shoot birds in flight while recording to the cards simultaneously on the A9 like I did today.
I won't do it again!
I can’t ever imagine taking 200+ shots in a row, I think the most I’ve done was about 25 and that was a one off :LOL:

Love the last one Lee, I know just where that is ad can't wait to go back with full frame gear

I was hoping to go last autumn but never got around to it due to time/weather/etc so went last weekend for my birthday (same as the previous year - but this time stayed in a different & better place ) Managed Pentwyn Reservoir sunrise, Neuadd > Fan y Big hike, Henrhyd Falls, Pont Melin-fach > Sgwd Gwladus hike, Melincourt, Blaen y Glyn, Keepers Pond......

If you want to experience filling the buffer then shoot birds in flight while recording to the cards simultaneously on the A9 like I did today.
I won't do it again!

I won't hesitate to hit the buffer again as it is fun to get the right shots. It means Sony need to improve on the next generation, CFExpress :)

So excited just shot my first kingfisher, this was the only half decent shot I got feeding, plenty perched hopefully. (Hong Kong)IMG_20200313_142527.jpeg

Was looking at a Samyang 35mm 2.8 and dock on eBay but with current prices at WEX I can get it all brand new for £6 extra!

Was looking at a Samyang 35mm 2.8 and dock on eBay but with current prices at WEX I can get it all brand new for £6 extra!

It's always worth checking with the usual UK and maybe grey sellers (if you don't have an objection to them) as some used or ebay stuff just doesn't seem to be the bargain you'd hoped.

looks like wex have offers on samyang lenses at the moment. some good prices there for samyang sony lenses

looks like wex have offers on samyang lenses at the moment. some good prices there for samyang sony lenses

Samyang knocked a lot off their lenses with all dealers while you were away, 45 was about 250, 35 around 380 etc. Those were awesome prices. Think it was 20% off all lenses.

Back