The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Samyang knocked a lot off their lenses with all dealers while you were away, 45 was about 250, 35 around 380 etc. Those were awesome prices. Think it was 20% off all lenses.

I did notice some offers but the prices seem to be back to normal in other places like LCE. It's seems to be only wex selling it at offer price.

Last edited:
that would be cool. the mark ii is still £3000 though lol
Yeah an expensive beast.... it was on my list tbh along with the even more expensive Lecia Q2!! :eek:
The Sony RX1R III is long overdue now so it will come eventually, probably cost around £3299! :D

that would be cool. the mark ii is still £3000 though lol
Yeah an expensive beast.... it was on my list tbh along with the even more expensive Lecia Q2!! :eek:
The Sony RX1R III is long overdue now so it will come eventually, probably cost around £3299! :D

Surely it must annoy someone at Sony that the RX1x seems to get roundly and consistently thrashed by the Leica (I can't remember the model number) in reviews.

If I was Mr Sony I'd get up early, have my Weetabix and design a Leica thrasher.

Surely it must annoy someone at Sony that the RX1x seems to get roundly and consistently thrashed by the Leica (I can't remember the model number) in reviews.

If I was Mr Sony I'd get up early, have my Weetabix and design a Leica thrasher.

just needs an af and ergonomics refresh. sensor and glass is fine.

might go pick it up from the shop over lunch. you never know when the plague will shut down the postal services :D
And I would like a break at lunch time :)

what external hard drives are you guys using? my 3 tb seagate seems to have just died on me :banghead:

Unfortunately with Leica comes it's heritage, history and hand-built ethos "Made in Germany".... that's what your paying for and the epic Leica glass.
You could argue that a camera is just a camera but each to their own, when you pickup and use a Leica, there is something about them.... that feeling... the heft.... the build quality.

Sony A9/A7III/A7RIIII bodies are technically the best money can buy, but do they "feel" the same as a Lecia body? I dunno ... my Fuji X100V is like a baby Lecia.... Made in Japan etc and feels solid in the hand, but its no Leica!
I ruled out the Sony RX1R II and Leica Q2 mainly do the the cost.

If Sony kept the Sony internal electronics and put them in a retro body like the Fuji / Leica's with real knobs and dials.... make the whole body out of high grade metals .... I am sure they would get some sold sales from them.

Last edited:
Unfortunately with Leica comes it heritage, history and hand-built ethos "Made in Germany".... that's what your paying for and the Leica glass.
You could argue that a camera is just a camera but each to their own, when you pickup and use a Leica, there is something about them....
Sony A9/A7III/A7RIIII bodies are technically the best money can buy, but do they "feel" the same as a Lecia body? I dunno ... my Fuji X100V is like a baby Lecia.... Made in Japan and feels solid in the hand, but its no Lecia! lol

no they feel better
Do you only notice that something after you have been ripped off paid extortionate amounts? :p

edit:
Speaking of which I am tempted by the Q2 in sales lol

Last edited:
From what I've read the Leica is more responsive in use and the RX1x more sluggish?

I'm sure any RX1 would be fast enough for me but I don't see enough advantage to switch to one from my A7 and at least the A7 gives me the flexibility of being able to change lenses. I can see the appeal of these quality fixed lens FF cameras and although I'd like one I think the A7 is a better fit for me so I'd have to keep it even if I got a fixed lens camera :D

no they feel better
Do you only notice that something after you have been ripped off paid extortionate amounts? :p

edit:

It always amazes me when people pay much more for a Leica that's really just a Panasonic.

no they feel better

edit:
Haha probably..... for me I was working within a budget and with my limited photography time, the Fuji X100V was good enough.
However I still have a Leica itch ... maybe in a few years time when my stocks go green! lol

Haha probably..... for me I was working within a budget and with my limited photography time, the Fuji X100V was good enough.
However I still have a Leica itch ... maybe in a few years time when my stocks go green! lol

buy the Q2 before I do :D

It always amazes me when people pay much more for a Leica that's really just a Panasonic.
and
Naaa its only the lower-end point and shoot bodies which seem to have more Panasonic in them.
The Lecia Q2 is a beast and feels nothing like a Panasonic.

Those people would probably be equally amazed that there are people with museum sized collections of manual focus lenses. Each unto their own......

Yes, each to his own within reason but it's a completely different thing and as you don't get it I'll explain as if you were 5.

Lenses are different and ones which you may think are the same aren't. They have sufficient differences to make them interesting. It's sort of like saying that the gorgeous blond over there is the same as that gorgeous brunette over there because they're both 5'8" women. No, they're very different.

A Panasonic bought in by Leica, rebadged as a Leica and sold on at an inflated price is probably just that. A rebadged camera sold at an inflated price to people who only see a badge.

I hope you understand now.

And no. I don't have a museum sized collection of everything. I've told you 1,000 times. Don't exaggerate!

Have I wasted enough time on this? Deffo.

Back