The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

O there f***ed mate. Those 1dx etc all be put on the shelf as the Olympics will be cancelled imo
I know, its not looking good for the short-term future...... I can see a lot more businesses, airlines, shops and manufacturers closing down and going bust.
And unfortunately many more people falling ill and dying due to COVID-19. :(

I know, its not looking good for the short-term future...... I can see a lot more businesses, airlines, shops and manufacturers closing down and going bust.
And unfortunately many more people falling ill and dying due to COVID-19. :(
It is worrying times, and no-one has a crystal ball to know what's going to happen. It really is taking it day by day.

It is worrying times, and no-one has a crystal ball to know what's going to happen. It really is taking it day by day.

Yeah, I took a calculated risk on buying stocks during this very uncertain time but in the long-run think they will recover :)
At the moment I am doing 1 week at home and 1 week in the office but like you said, its a day by day approach.

And to add matters worse you got idiots up and down the country raiding supermarket leaving nothing for anyone else.
I can think of other words I could use to describe these people but it'd probably get me banned from here :mad:

I can think of other words I could use to describe these people but it'd probably get me banned from here :mad:

They cant really do that, supermarkets have been restricting items per shopper for a while now, at least where I am.

They cant really do that, supermarkets have been restricting items per shopper for a while now, at least where I am.

They can restrict, but there are still cases where parents & 2 teenage kids each go into a store and each buy the max, then load into the one car - effectively getting 4 times the limit.

They can restrict, but there are still cases where parents & 2 teenage kids each go into a store and each buy the max, then load into the one car - effectively getting 4 times the limit.

I've seen families go in and get told the numbers are limited per family, not per individual. The world's gone mad.

Absolute wellies those people are. I hate that, I am still going to work everyday, on the way home the other day I nipped to Asda. Couldn’t get anything I needed at all basically. Leave the house at 6.45am so can’t even really go before work. Selfish idiots. So glad they have a special designated time for the older folk.

We're still buying as normal and if stuff isn't available we're trying to use alternatives.

I haven't seen it reported in the mainstream media here but Mrs WW tells me she's seen reports of attacks on Asians in London and far eastern media are showing Asians queuing to leave the UK over this. A couple of weeks back a Chinese friend told us their kids were getting abused at school over this and that's in the Cleveland area rather than London.

WTF is wrong with people?

PS.
What an impression of the UK to go around the world.

Last edited:
There are now, but people are still finding loopholes. Also some supermarkets near us are opening up certain hours just for the elderly but folk are ignoring it and without physically policing it it's very difficult to stop :(

Time for Nikon to wake up, although its too late imo :(

They're going through a tough time but I'll still be surprised if they actually fold. A UK company in that state would be long gone but Japanese companies limp on for aeons in worse states.

Last edited:
Yeah, I took a calculated risk on buying stocks during this very uncertain time but in the long-run think they will recover :)
At the moment I am doing 1 week at home and 1 week in the office but like you said, its a day by day approach.

I think that's likely to be a good move. Things are down at the moment but you'd have to be a real pessimist not to think things will bounce back strongly.

I've just popped over to Asda - no mention of limiting the quantity of items purchased. Mate from work popped into a country village Co-op on his way home though & he said there was a max of 2 per item. Last week whilst doing the weekly shop the person serving said people had been coming in stock piling stuff, taking it to the car & then coming back in to do the same at a different checkout.....!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I managed to get all the bit's I needed except dog biscuits & loo roll. I did get Thatchers & some Jack Daniels though :)

It was back up to £3299 just after I sold my A9, the A9 II went up at the same time.
As mentioned, prices are going to go up now...... I am throwing money into stocks and hoping they pay off in the long-run. :eek:

Stocks and shares we could all be living in a cave within a few months.

I might be selling all my gear thanks to the lockdown I prob won’t be working for quite some time.

I might be selling all my gear thanks to the lockdown I prob won’t be working for quite some time.

Not just photographers though, pretty much everyone is in the same boat, really feel for those doing 0 hrs etc. I certainly won't be investing, crazy.

Last edited:
Not just photographers though, pretty much everyone is in the same boat, really feel for those doing 0 hrs etc. I certainly won't be investing, crazy.

I very much feel sorry for those unable to earn & whose business is unlikely to give them access to government assistance through this.

This probably isn't quite the right time to invest, but when things start to ease then it would be a very good thing to do - interest rates will be non-existent making saving a waste of time - and investing would help businesses to bounce back. We have some money, and I'd much rather use it that way than let it sit in a BS.

I very much feel sorry for those unable to earn & whose business is unlikely to give them access to government assistance through this.

This probably isn't quite the right time to invest, but when things start to ease then it would be a very good thing to do - interest rates will be non-existent making saving a waste of time - and investing would help businesses to bounce back. We have some money, and I'd much rather use it that way than let it sit in a BS.

Yes, tough times all round, education of all the youngsters is of particular concern. Its morally very difficult, damage the future to protect the past.

Perhaps. As fixed savings interest rates expire, we will push them into the mortgage... once that's paid I hope we're seeing a brighter future.

Last edited:

zero hours people are actually not gonna be much worse off as will those who are Ltd company and are on the books paying themselves a wage. It’s soletraders like photographers, window cleaners, taxi drivers etc that are in big trouble.

zero hours people are actually not gonna be much worse off as will those who are Ltd company and are on the books paying themselves a wage. It’s soletraders like photographers, window cleaners, taxi drivers etc that are in big trouble.

How so? They are low paid workers with pretty much no rights and no savings and can barely afford rent, will they just get another job in an economy when nobodies hiring? Didn't you just spend 5k on your mates bday present?

Last edited:
Sole traders and small businesses are already facing troubles and this is just the start :(

I thought the government was helping low wage workers? As long as they remain on books they get 80% of the wages

Last edited:
How so? They are low paid workers with pretty much no rights and no savings and can barely afford rent, will they just get another job in an economy when nobodies hiring?

There rent will be paid for them via housing benefit. There will also be other benefits they can claim. For a soletrader there will be no income and no benefits worth talking about with all the bills still to pay.

Sole traders and small businesses are already facing troubles and this is just the start :(

I thought the government was having low wage workers? As long as they remain on books they get 80% of the wages

Everyone employed who is layed off due to the Coronavirus will get 80% of there wages up to the value of £2500 a month. They are the lucky ones.

There rent will be paid for them via housing benefit. There will also be other benefits they can claim. For a soletrader there will be no income and no benefits worth talking about with all the bills still to pay.

If it was that simple then everyone might be better off just doing exactly that.

Everyone employed who is layed off due to the Coronavirus will get 80% of there wages up to the value of £2500 a month. They are the lucky ones.

Wonder how the hell the countries gonna afford that. Its already bankrupt.

Hope it doesn't come to that! Even selling gear has become hard now :(

If it was that simple then everyone might be better off just doing exactly that.

In a lot of cases they are better off, plenty of people work even though they would have more cash if claiming benefits.

Hope it doesn't come to that! Even selling gear has become hard now :(

I will just fire mine into a trade place and buy new when I am able to work again. Makes no sense keeping it around when it won’t be used. General feeling now seems to be this will not be short term probably a year anyway.

I will just fire mine into a trade place and buy new when I am able to work again. Makes no sense keeping it around when it won’t be used. General feeling now seems to be this will not be short term probably a year anyway.

I cut down my gear to just over a third value over the past few weeks, not nice.

You make a good point. I won't really be using mine either sitting at home. Perhaps best to sell it!

Back