The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I like your shot better than mine shot in IR :D

This is from 5 years ago on a IR converted nex-5n with Sony 10-18mm,

19813866544_5fd6f213b2_b.jpg

Such a great image.

Thanks, one of my favourites from the trip. The one I've posted has some weird textures going on as I edited from a JPEG by mistake. This one is going to print so I'll need to work on the RAW before then.

I think this is cracking, but have you not posted this already?

Oh I could well have done, I keep going back to do an odd edit and forget where I've got to and what I've posted where :ROFLMAO:

Oh I could well have done, I keep going back to do an odd edit and forget where I've got to and what I've posted where :ROFLMAO:
Either you have, or someone’s posted a very similar image as it made me question the point of the face mask if he’s just going to remove it to smoke ;) I think someone else might have even posted something along those lines.

Either that or I’ve just had really bad deja vu :LOL:

Either you have, or someone’s posted a very similar image as it made me question the point of the face mask if he’s just going to remove it to smoke ;) I think someone else might have even posted something along those lines.

Either that or I’ve just had really bad deja vu :LOL:

No that rings a bell, it was either this or one very similar as I took a few slightly different of the same scene.

Ahh there we go, 'slightly different' :p

The face is better on the full length one, but I like the cig in mouth shot :ROFLMAO:

looking at the size I’m going for 85mm.

It is a fair bit smaller than the 85 f/1.8. It is supposed to be similar size to the 55. It is actually smaller than the Sony 35 f/1.8.

Although I personally think the 85 f/1.8 would still be a better option. No chance will the Samyang be anywhere near as fast and reliable a.f and you are losing some compression due to the shorter focal length.

fhbmy0ghxtl31.jpg

Last edited:
I must have tried good copies of Samyang lenses. The previous 35mm 2.8s have been super fast in the AF department. Maybe I’m just not as fussy. picked up another one with the dock so hopefully get the same results.

I must have tried good copies of Samyang lenses. The previous 35mm 2.8s have been super fast in the AF department. Maybe I’m just not as fussy. picked up another one with the dock so hopefully get the same results.

apart from the slight noise the 35mm f2.8 isn't all that bad tbh. I liked mine too.

Forgot to mention I also dislike how warm the Samyang lenses are. :ROFLMAO:

It's not to bad when you are using just the Samyang as everything is the same but when you are using multiple lenses the Samyang is a pain to match.

Forgot to mention I also dislike how warm the Samyang lenses are. :ROFLMAO:

It's not to bad when you are using just the Samyang as everything is the same but when you are using multiple lenses the Samyang is a pain to match.
:agree:
this is certainly one of the main reasons I dislike them tbh. More so than the AF in fact lol

:agree:
this is certainly one of the main reasons I dislike them tbh. More so than the AF in fact lol

They are especially bad when you use them in the same set along with Tamron lenses which are much cooler. It never looks exactly right no matter what you do.

The Tamrons while cooler than the Sony's are much easier to match. Sigma can be a bit warm as well but again easy to match.

They are especially bad when you use them in the same set along with Tamron lenses which are much cooler. It never looks exactly right no matter what you do.

The Tamrons while cooler than the Sony's are much easier to match. Sigma can be a bit warm as well but again easy to match.

yep opposite ends of the spectrum there. I actually find Sigmas to be the easiest to match Sony.

Still no word on my refund for my trip to Vietnam...
My email said payment may take up to 4 weeks so based on that I should get my refund this week. Which company did you book through?

My email said payment may take up to 4 weeks so based on that I should get my refund this week. Which company did you book through?
A company called travel up. they refusing to give me a refund so I'm trying Via my travel insurance who said to first contact the airline

A company called travel up. they refusing to give me a refund so I'm trying Via my travel insurance who said to first contact the airline
That sucks, hope you get it sorted mate (y)

Different days with different lighting and the pot got turned around but this is just to show 20 and 35mm perspective. Part of the reason for getting the 20mm was the different perspective and compression as apart from the dream of going on a cruise to see the northern lights and other normal wider FoV I had a few ideas for people shots, sort of anti compression :D

I think the bokeh is good for a wide.

eAAnvjt.jpg

zpL5Ppc.jpg

It's quite surprising what a difference a few inches closer or further away from the subject makes.

Last edited:
Samyang 75 will be going on sale for €389 according to SAR.
So around £350.
Not bad....

Well, I’ve made the first step to leave the apple universe today. I’ve been researching my options to replace my 2012 iMac for the last year or so. The high cost of replacing with one of the latest models and lack of future self upgrade options looks like it will push me back to a PC. My work had upgraded our laptops recently and that was also a factor as I wont be logging in via my iMac anymore and will need a screen to work from home comfortably. I guess I could still look at the iMac mini but it feels like a PC would be a better bang for buck option.

Back