The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

That what I think I will do.. Keep the D750 get another lens for it and get to know it... Then when sony or who ever bring the first Mirror less that performs just as good I then will do the switch...

It was good to have a go with the A7II today I had it for 1.5 hours along with my Nikon.. I liked the feel of the nikons it fits my hands.. The sony I like it weight and the menu i really picked up the menu on it easy..

Another thing I though the smaller size screen on the sony was a bit of a let down coming from the nikon screen not that this would effect anything

Last edited:
Nikon D750 vs Sony A7RII mmmmm I know which one I'd take [emoji39]

The right thing is to pick what's right for us.

DSLR's offer me nothing. Imagine going back to shooting with a big heavy camera that doesn't take its focus off the chip and doesn't show you the image you're about to capture... madness :D but I'm happy for others to make the decision that's right for them :D

The right thing is to pick what's right for us.

DSLR's offer me nothing. Imagine going back to shooting with a big heavy camera that doesn't take its focus off the chip and doesn't show you the image you're about to capture... madness :D but I'm happy for others to make the decision that's right for them :D
Agreed.
I've just been told I may get my Zeiss lenses next month [emoji2]
I'm still undecided if I want to keep the A7II or not.

If I win the lottery tonight I will

And I certainly will help some of you kind guys out

i went Canon glass as id used the 24-70 and i wasn't that happy, seemed slightly soft, i was also aware of the lack of lens for the Sony and i wanted more options. When i bought it i got the Body the 28MM F2 FE and a Canon 24-70 F4 the canon glass is sharp as a button so sharp my Dad who has the 24-70 Zeiss wants one. I think Zeiss stuff is ok if you get a good one, but i couldn't gamble and id probably not have enough knowledge to tell if id got a duff one.

Now i have Metabones i use a whole raft of glass, 2 newest are an 80 quid cheap 300mm zoom, loving that and the Samyang 50mm F1.4 canon mount all sharp.

Here are a few from today please click for more detail
My 83 year old Dad taken with Samyang 50mm F1.4 at F1.4
other 2 are with canon 24-70 F4 click to see them full details
First 1 is Samyang 50mm at f5.6 ( i think )

FA-5 by tobamory, on Flickr

FA by tobamory, on Flickr

FA-2 by tobamory, on Flickr

FA-3 by tobamory, on Flickr

Last edited:
Any processing at all done on those...

and in responce to the guy who's buying one and does Landscapes.
Id get a volley of Batis 25 and 85 and a Loxia 50mm ( Manual ) or maybe treat your self to either the 16-35mm Sony FE or get the canon version....Obvioulsy a 24-70 would be nice, and the holy grail and quoted as the worlds best is the Canon 24-70 F2.8

Any processing at all done on those...

Yes Rookies but only to bring sky out nothing much else... no sharpening, i lighten em bit change temp
don't forget the click them though you'll see them in all the glory then.. unsure if u can grab them too think you can

the top 1 is just to show sharpness of Samyang i still need to finish it, spire is off colour :) showing my Nabness ( edited now )

Last edited:
i,ll ask him its a lowepro one, not sure of model

Well the kiddie party I did photos for was a challenge. Obviously the trusty 55 1.8 started on the camera and was as lovely as ever. Some large windows at the venue so I don't think I pushed it above iso 2000.

So I wanted a bit more reach and went for the canon 85 on metabones. My luck with the adapter wasn't favourable. Hunting big time. Missing shots. It went back in the bag fairly quickly. As I said, I wouldn't class the conditions as low light and therefore expected the performance to be significant better than what I was getting.
All of a sudden I started regretting selling the Batis. And started looking on the Nikon classifieds.

Well the kiddie party I did photos for was a challenge. Obviously the trusty 55 1.8 started on the camera and was as lovely as ever. Some large windows at the venue so I don't think I pushed it above iso 2000.

So I wanted a bit more reach and went for the canon 85 on metabones. My luck with the adapter wasn't favourable. Hunting big time. Missing shots. It went back in the bag fairly quickly. As I said, I wouldn't class the conditions as low light and therefore expected the performance to be significant better than what I was getting.
All of a sudden I started regretting selling the Batis. And started looking on the Nikon classifieds.

Bit confused as to why you're having such poor af with the same lenses Owen is. E.g. From what I've researched the 85 usm doesn't perform well at all, yet Owen seems pretty happy, not sure if it's a case of expectations?

Bit confused as to why you're having such poor af with the same lenses Owen is. E.g. From what I've researched the 85 usm doesn't perform well at all, yet Owen seems pretty happy, not sure if it's a case of expectations?

I don't know. It seemed fine when I went out with it last weekend. Perhaps it just needs decent available light.

Agreed.
I've just been told I may get my Zeiss lenses next month [emoji2]
I'm still undecided if I want to keep the A7II or not.

I'm happier than ever with my A7, the only problems is having time to use it.

The great thing for me is that with a prime fitted it fits in the same small Lowepro bag my GX7 fits in and if I want to take the A7 out with two extra lenses and a couple of filters and the filter holder it all fits in an old camcorder bag. I've never had such capable and compact kit.

I'm happier than ever with my A7, the only problems is having time to use it.

The great thing for me is that with a prime fitted it fits in the same small Lowepro bag my GX7 fits in and if I want to take the A7 out with two extra lenses and a couple of filters and the filter holder it all fits in an old camcorder bag. I've never had such capable and compact kit.

Poor excuse Woof woof. It's clearly small enough to go anywhere with you, so get shooting.

Hehe. Not quite as easy as that as I have responsibilities and don't get a lot of free time but I'm off on Tuesday so I'll take my camera.

Hi guys.just got a7ii & bought a Sony to Minolta adapter with a Minolta rokker 135mm prime.lens seems to work fine but keep getting message on lcd lens not attached to camera properly,any ideas.thanks

Hi guys.just got a7ii & bought a Sony to Minolta adapter with a Minolta rokker 135mm prime.lens seems to work fine but keep getting message on lcd lens not attached to camera properly,any ideas.thanks

A new owners wow

What did you get with it any Sony lens? What camera u got also or had before it

Got sony 24-70 with camera.used to have canon 6d.

How you getting on with it AF wise and other things coming from a 6d.

What made you move pal

Only really shoot landscapes so very rarely use af.changed from canon for the focus peaking ,I find as I get older it becomes harder to nail focus.takes a bit of getting used to after having canon for years but quality seems great & I'm sure with use will become second nature.

How you finding the 24/70 pal

Back