The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

What's the best solution for W10 built in RAW support for Sony camera's when viewing in Explorer? Got a load of photos to edit and I usually do several waves of deleting in Explorer before I switch over to LR. However, it's a bit slow and cumbersome as I when I use the Photos app - I have to wait a second for the app to switch from a (Windows guessed) preview to what looks like the actual RAW. In the former of these two, I can't delete and have to wait for it to switch to the latter to do so. Also it always rotates my portraits the wrong way round (again doing it like the above, more lit up preview and a second later - to a darker version the wrong way round). Thanks :)

FastRawViewer. :)

Not sure what my Windows10 pc uses but going through RAWs is as fast as i can press the button, no lag. All the file previews work as well so you can see large images within the folder.

I really hope the 24-70 GM II has an aperture ring as well. Really got my hopes set on that one.

It seems to be a developing trend so you could maybe get your wish :D

Why do people want an aperture ring on the lens? I have one on my Tokina 20mm and I hate not being able to change it on camera
You can do both A for in camera or on the lens.
Handy when in full manual, dial for shutter speed, aperture ring on the lens for aperture.

There next 85mm might be a 1.4G with aperture ring ;)

I doubt it though :ROFLMAO:
there's a few options...
Sigma is one of them their 85mm f1.4 DN is exceptional
Samyang 75mm f1.8 focus ring can be used as aperture ring too
loxia 85mm f2.4
the new sigma 90mm f2.8 DN
etc...

I went to a family get together yesterday at my niece and her husband's place. We all went for a walk in the park in the afternoon and I brought my camera along. Nothing much to photograph to be honest but I took a couple of photos of a small bulldog, one of them facing off with my nephew's labrador.

Bulldog 2 by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Bulldog 1
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

I went to a family get together yesterday at my niece and her husband's place. We all went for a walk in the park in the afternoon and I brought my camera along. Nothing much to photograph to be honest but I took a couple of photos of a small bulldog, one of them facing off with my nephew's labrador.

Getting out is one little victory, getting out with a camera doubly so. I can't manage either at the mo.

Getting out is one little victory, getting out with a camera doubly so. I can't manage either at the mo.

Sorry to hear that Alan. I hope you soon get some time off from the caring you have to do and get to enjoy doing some photography.

hmmm... can't read what it says may be i am going blind from this man-flu o_O
does an internal zoom need a zoom lock?
Ahh, I didn’t realise it was internal, I thought it was like the Canon RF.
:ROFLMAO:

Surprised people still excited over a 70-200 these days.

So glad I have no need to ever hump one of these around again.
One of my most used lenses, great for sport and dogs (y)

not sure, I don't know how they have managed to make it weigh 30% less.... but doesn't look short like the RF version.
yes will be great for sports especially if I can use 1.4x TC too.

Last edited:

Likewise. I got the Tamron as there was little to choose between it and the first GM version. This one will be something to look forward to but might be a while till the cost is worth the upgrade for me. I suspect it will be around the £2700 the RF lens costs which is a huge sum for a 70-200.

Likewise. I got the Tamron as there was little to choose between it and the first GM version. This one will be something to look forward to but might be a while till the cost is worth the upgrade for me. I suspect it will be around the £2700 the RF lens costs which is a huge sum for a 70-200.
I think a lot of lens prices are a bit crazy these days. I’m very interested in the 70-200mm but like you it will have to come down in price and be exceptional for me to swap the Tamron for it. It’s a lot of dollar just for a tripod collar, focus limiter and an extra 20mm.

Back