The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Does anyone know what the 90mm Sony G Macro lens is like?

I think @Rizvan has it?

It looks lovely. Nice manual focus ring. Quite large. But it's not cheap. Especially as there are really decent cheap alternatives like the sigma 105, Tamron 90 vc and non vc (via adapter)

I think @Rizvan has it?

It looks lovely. Nice manual focus ring. Quite large. But it's not cheap. Especially as there are really decent cheap alternatives like the sigma 105, Tamron 90 vc and non vc (via adapter)

But will they behave as good as Native i.e. AF I know Macro is all about MF but some time AF can be handy if snappy as it was on the canon 100mm L Lens

Ive got the sigma 105 Nikon fit and it's ok, dads got the awesome canon 65mm and metabones v4 on a7ii that does 5x not just 1:1
The 90 MM is nice and you can always double it up as a 90mm prime.., but as the guys say cheaper alternatives out there

But will they behave as good as Native i.e. AF I know Macro is all about MF but some time AF can be handy if snappy as it was on the canon 100mm L Lens

Personally I had no luck with af. But perhaps I'm not the best person to go by as not had loads of joy with adapters.

Does anyone know what the 90mm Sony G Macro lens is like?
Very sharp, big and heavy :) positive reviews online.
I don't have the Sony FE 90mm macro as I opted for the Zeiss Batis 85mm, don't do much macro tbh.

Last edited:
Might get the Zeiss batis 85mm instead if it a good lens as really I don't do macro.

How much best price

looks like most places are Pre Orders... Is it a new lens?

Ohh and still hard to get hold off. Guess it the Pricing...

So if you all had to buy a 16-35 MM lens where would you go

I quite like the Sony FE but it's expensive and f4
I could compliment my sharp canon and get canons F2.8 for same price.

Or I could really change and get Sigmas Art which is F1.8

Let this discussion commence

For landscapes...

For landscapes...

I have the Sony zeiss 16-35 f4. Really impressed with it. Bought it from digital Rev.

Correction 18-35 is sigma FF
Gonna look at digital Rev

I thought 16-35 was crop and 18-35 Full Fat are you sure...

The 18-35 probably fits full frame not sure why you would want it though when Sony make an awesome native lens

Sorry my mistake , yeah I know what you mean just flipping expensive

But with the native lens all the pdaf points work etc and its small to take about compared to canon etc

For landscapes...

Ignoring the price, why is F4 a problem if you're buying it for landscapes? The majority of the time you'll be stopping it down to F11-F16 so it's not the widest aperture you should be worrying about.

To add, have you tried shooting landscapes with the kit lens? Apart from obviously not being as wide, stopped down there's probably not a huge difference.

Last edited:
Agreed but always up for a lower app... Just researching to be honest need a landscape and zoom

Steve is right mate won't shoot a portrait with a 2.8 16-35 unless u want serious distortions just grab the Sony it's defo worth the price as a lot of people will testify too..... A long zoom for Motorsport etc?

Actually, didn't you say you've already got a Canon 24-70 F4? If you have, that's more than adequate for landscape work, unless you want wider than 24mm! I think you should maybe get out and put your existing kit to work for a bit which will help you identify exactly what it is you're missing. You might find that it's perfectly able.

Having recently checked with Park Camera's & Zeiss directly they are seeing lenses now shipping, been told I should have mine around the end of the month.... let's see hmmmm :)

Having recently checked with Park Camera's & Zeiss directly they are seeing lenses now shipping, been told I should have mine around the end of the month.... let's see hmmmm :)

I think I remember a statement being put out by Zeiss a few weeks ago. Something along the lines of, we have doubled the output and stock should be freely available by March from memory.

EDIT - Just checked and Zeiss said that the Batis lenses should be available at short notice in the spring.
https://BANNED/CarlZeissLenses/status/687578064591667200

Last edited:
I think park cameras may ring me then as long ago I was added to a list...
Thanks for advice on wide angled I,ll get zoom first for Motorsport then see whats missing if anything

Re the Batis, it's a good idea to check online daily and see if any stock has come in. I wasn't on a waiting list but checked and found the 85mm in stock at LCE and bought it same day.

For the sake of a wait I didn't mind getting my Batis lenses with 10% off :) from Park Camera's.
I will call them today for an update.
Should have firm retail prices for the Sony G Master lenses this week too :)

i see the commlite Nikon has come out, some using it now on DPreview looks ok.. pity there sites down to me,
its now running V2

yeah seems light is key for this one... and with there website being on its arse i don't live in hope...

from what I hear there are a few on the way and metabones are one of them...... gonna be steep though well as steep as the canon

For the sake of a wait I didn't mind getting my Batis lenses with 10% off :) from Park Camera's.
I will call them today for an update.
Should have firm retail prices for the Sony G Master lenses this week too :)

I had a call from WEX to say that my Loxia 21 with 10% I ordered back in November is in.... I don't even have the A7ii but I'm tempted! Lol

I had a call from WEX to say that my Loxia 21 with 10% I ordered back in November is in.... I don't even have the A7ii but I'm tempted! Lol
You could always buy my A7II back with the added benefit of extended warranty until Dec 2017 ;) lol

Back