The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

It's another mostly grey to white sky no light to completely flat light day here. Was out yesterday and earlier and didn't see any point taking any pictures. Might as well put the camers gear away for now... What a depressing few weeks.

It's another mostly grey to white sky no light to completely flat light day here. Was out yesterday and earlier and didn't see any point taking any pictures. Might as well put the camers gear away for now... What a depressing few weeks.

Or move down south?

Or move down south?
Or abroad...

For years I didn't take holidays (workaholic) and then went to Kazakhstan and the quality of the light astonished me, it was something I'd never seen in the UK.

Anyway... rumour site reports that a Batis 18mm f2.8 is coming... oh er...

Or abroad...

For years I didn't take holidays (workaholic) and then went to Kazakhstan and the quality of the light astonished me, it was something I'd never seen in the UK.

Anyway... rumour site reports that a Batis 18mm f2.8 is coming... oh er...

Any idea of price?

Actually, as the GM lenses are now out is the Batis now the budget range?

That's a question we never thought would be asked.

As it seems that more Batis are on the way I wonder what they'll be.... hmmmm...

135mm f2.8 or a little wider aperture? A 35mm f1.8?

What's your guess / wish list?

As it seems that more Batis are on the way I wonder what they'll be.... hmmmm...

135mm f2.8 or a little wider aperture? A 35mm f1.8?

What's your guess / wish list?

35 and 135. 35 at 1.4 but imagine it would be 1.8. The 135 at f2

Order next year for delivery 2030.
Lol I'm sure Zeiss won't make the same mistake twice.
Having spoken to Park Camera's today they have been seeing a steady flow of small batches of Batis lenses coming through, 1-3 lenses per delivery quite frequently.

I know, Ive still got it, just got the 50g for days when I want to go light.

50g 1.8 is lovely. Barely notice it on the camera too.

My sigma art 35 arrived today. Have a Nikon to Sony adapter on the way. Just need to decide on which Nikon to get to pair it with.

50g 1.8 is lovely. Barely notice it on the camera too.

My sigma art 35 arrived today. Have a Nikon to Sony adapter on the way. Just need to decide on which Nikon to get to pair it with.

Had a few, nice little performers.

Nice, I also have the 35 ART, my favourite lens of all time (so far). Ive used so many expensive / fast zooms and primes across all systems over the years but I really love this lens.

Are you going to manual focus with the Sony?

Nice, I also have the 35 ART, my favourite lens of all time (so far). Ive used so many expensive / fast zooms and primes across all systems over the years but I really love this lens.

35 art is also my fav of all time

Yeah manual focus only on the Sony. But IF I get a Nikon it'll be a nice, well balanced prime to start me off.
Not sure what to do about a Nikon body. d810, d750 or d7200. Most likely one of the latter 2

Its going to have to drop a hell of a lot before Id consider it, got my eye on the X pro 2 and a selection of fast primes.
I assume that if you get a Fuji you'll be doing as you've done here every few pages and complaining about the size of the lenses and them being the size of DSLR lenses? :D

I do like the look of the Fuji's but size wise they seem to compete more with the A7 series (I'd be looking at primes) and image quality wise they seem to compete more with MFT. Have to see what the new 2 is like but have to say that if going APS-C I'd go Sony A6000 series and could well do as a placement for my MFT if they bring out a nice compact 24mm f1.8. Honestly don't see any appeal in the Fuji's apart from the manual dials but that's me and each to his own and good luck choosing.

I assume that if you get a Fuji you'll be doing as you've done here every few pages and complaining about the size of the lenses and them being the size of DSLR lenses? :D

I do like the look of the Fuji's but size wise they seem to compete more with the A7 series (I'd be looking at primes) and image quality wise they seem to compete more with MFT. Have to see what the new 2 is like but have to say that if going APS-C I'd go Sony A6000 series and could well do as a placement for my MFT if they bring out a nice compact 24mm f1.8. Honestly don't see any appeal in the Fuji's apart from the manual dials but that's me and each to his own and good luck choosing.

No, because they arent. Unlike you, Ive used the system before so I know what to expect and dont just whinge about systems Ive never used ;)

Are you saying the A7 native lenses arent the size of DSLR lenses?

Ironic that final paragraph. But thanks. (y)

Back