The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Seeing as it's a bit cold outside, have something to warm you all up a little :)

A7 - 35GM

Also, I went out for blue hour tonight & forgot to swap to the Voigtlander 40/1.2 :rolleyes: I'm going to make an effort to take it out & leave the GM stuff at home!

*** by Lee, on Flickr
Lovely light, very calming image.

Tried a couple of long exposures today , between 2 and 4. minutes. after taking the Shot it is Taking a good minute or two for the Camera to process them , is this normal or do,i have setting Wrong , jpeg or Raw makes no difference

Tried a couple of long exposures today , between 2 and 4. minutes. after taking the Shot it is Taking a good minute or two for the Camera to process them , is this normal or do,i have setting Wrong , jpeg or Raw makes no difference

The camera is likely doing a 'reference' exposure to help with noise reduction, hence the duplicate processing time..

Reactions: mav
Its been a while since I did an exposure that long but it does take an age to process.

Reactions: mav

Probably have Long Exposure Noise Reduction switched on.....

Turn it off.

Some deer from a very dull day at Chatsworth. I was hoping to get some nice pics of them in the snow as we had about 2-3" but bizarrely Chatsworth had none.

by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

A9_07269 by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

A9_07264 by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

Last edited:
Quite liked how this one turned out from yesterday's Wedding

DSC05403 by Gilbo B, on Flickr
It’s a nice shot, just a shame about the handrail on the left as it’s a bit distracting. Still nice overall though.

And the 24-70 f4 for £365 with £127 paid back to you by Amazon voucher.
Thanks for this, I've just ordered one. Fingers crossed it's better than the one I got for John Lewis. I can't believe this effectively works out at £238

As it's quiet.

Just a reprocessing (originally with CS5 and this is with PS2022) of a picture taken in August when we were picking brambles.

A7 and Sony 35mm f1.8 at f1.8.

UHiTuhZ.jpg

I hope we can go back to this place as the other day she said she was happier and coming to terns with what happened there.

PS.
She told me to delete this picture. It's my fault as sometimes I shout "Pull your tummy in" and she does. But this time I didn't and she didn't :D

Last edited:
Thanks for this, I've just ordered one. Fingers crossed it's better than the one I got for John Lewis. I can't believe this effectively works out at £238
whats this Lens Like

How would this compare to the samyang 75mm in sharpness , just debating wether to sell the samyang and the sony kit Lens for this,

there is a 24-70 lens on the Sony site offering £200 cashback , i am assuming. this is a newer version

whats this Lens Like

How would this compare to the samyang 75mm in sharpness , just debating wether to sell the samyang and the sony kit Lens for this,

there is a 24-70 lens on the Sony site offering £200 cashback , i am assuming. this is a newer version
I’ve had one very good copy and one bad copy (that’s gone back). I’ve not used the Samyang 75mm but I’d imagine it’s better than the Sony at 70mm. Primes are usually better, plus you’ll get more subject separation wide open.

There’s only been one version of the Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f4, but you can’t claim the Sony Cashback if bought from Amazon. On Amazon it’s cheaper than anyone else even taking into account the cashback, plus you get a voucher for £127

Last edited:
Quick question. Does anyone know of a way to have the camera re-focus between shots when using the built in interval shooting on a7iii?

I do quite a bit of solo walks/hikes and want to take pictures of myself, sometimes it's a pain to pre-focus where I'm aiming to stand.

Quick question. Does anyone know of a way to have the camera re-focus between shots when using the built in interval shooting on a7iii?

I do quite a bit of solo walks/hikes and want to take pictures of myself, sometimes it's a pain to pre-focus where I'm aiming to stand.
Would Pre-AF not do this and then set it to eye AF? You could always use a remote shutter or the app as mentioned, although I've never tried the app.

I must check this as I 8ntend to give this a go at an athletics meet on Saturday. With Pocket Wizards I think the half press works so if focus is on the shutter button it should focus and continue to focus when the pocket wizard button is pressed. Ill give it a go this evening or tomorrow but in my head it is possible

I thought our local walk might be quite photogenic today with the frost and mist but it wasn't really, it was mostly just freezing cold, dark, wet and miserable :D

A7 and Sony 35mm f1.8.

The dog walkers. Here they come.

ajeQCCL.jpg

And there they go.

ATGN841.jpg

Stuff...

zt0WOb8.jpg

I4fcoKl.jpg

I thought our local walk might be quite photogenic today with the frost and mist but it wasn't really, it was mostly just freezing cold, dark, wet and miserable :D

A7 and Sony 35mm f1.8.

The dog walkers. Here they come.

ajeQCCL.jpg

And there they go.

ATGN841.jpg

Stuff...

zt0WOb8.jpg

I4fcoKl.jpg

Nice though :)

I went out Sunday morning with the bit of snowfall. Binned the few images as it was just dark and dull and just kept a drone video clip of Clifton and the Suspension Bridge - in my Reels on my Instagram.

We haven't had any snow yet, just heavy frosts. I might have got some more scenic pictures if I'd been able to get out earlier but I can only get out when I can :D

Not me, I don't need f2.8 for this focal length (y)

In the dark dreary North f2.8 might reduce the ISO for handheld shots and at wide focal lengths there still could be enough depth and our course one use for wider aperture wide lenses is getting close and creating shallow depth wider perspective shots.

In the dark dreary North f2.8 might reduce the ISO for handheld shots and at wide focal lengths there still could be enough depth and our course one use for wider aperture wide lenses is getting close and creating shallow depth wider perspective shots.
Yep completely understand, but I've yet to feel the need to shoot my 16-35mm f4 wide open let alone needing an f2.8 lens. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the GM II will have better edge to edge sharpness etc, but stopped down those differences get less and then it's a case (for me) of whether it is worth the extra price and weight (y)

Last edited:
Would Pre-AF not do this and then set it to eye AF? You could always use a remote shutter or the app as mentioned, although I've never tried the app.
Doesn't seem like it. Pre-AF just focuses on whatever it can, but then once you begin interval shooting it just takes the shots, no re-focusing. Will try the apps & a countdown timer so I have time to put the phone away while I 'pose' for the shot :D

Forgot to post this the other day. Went over to Beachy Head for a sunrise walk on Saturday morning, Belle Tout lighthouse lantern room was slightly illuminated by the sun behind, quite liked it. Sky was absolutely clear as well, no need for any cloning of stray clouds etc.

I made a point that morning of shooting with my 24-105 set at @ 35mm to see how I get on with the focal length, I'm hankering after the Sigma 35 1.4 again...

DSC02952.jpg

Forgot to post this the other day. Went over to Beachy Head for a sunrise walk on Saturday morning, Belle Tout lighthouse lantern room was slightly illuminated by the sun behind, quite liked it. Sky was absolutely clear as well, no need for any cloning of stray clouds etc.

I made a point that morning of shooting with my 24-105 set at @ 35mm to see how I get on with the focal length, I'm hankering after the Sigma 35 1.4 again...

View attachment 376052

Nice simple image. I like that one :)

There's a very heavy frost and blue sky today which should make for some nice pictures.

Back