The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I was looking at the Sony Zeiss f4 but was wondering why they are so reasonably priced S/H. Are they any good?
Great lens - I've been very happy with mine, but now selling as I have a 24-105 f4, and don't shoot wider than 24mm much. I bought mine of over £500 a couple of years or so ago, I think the value has been hit due to the PZ version coming out. If you're interested, mine's in the classifieds.

Last edited:
What are my best options for CF type A cards for my A1?

160GB+.

I would like to buy at least one fast card to go with my existing SD cards.

Ta
I got a couple of 160s and an 80 but if I'm honest I can hardly tell the difference, even though I mostly shoot sport, compared to the 300mbs Tough Cards. There might be the odd occasion if I gun it for a long period but there hasn't been so far.

I got a couple of 160s and an 80 but if I'm honest I can hardly tell the difference, even though I mostly shoot sport, compared to the 300mbs Tough Cards. There might be the odd occasion if I gun it for a long period but there hasn't been so far.
For clarification you’re not seeing any benefit of CF over fast SD’s?

For clarification you’re not seeing any benefit of CF over fast SD’s?
Not particularly. The buffer clears quicker but I never seem to get to the point the camera slows with SDs or CF. Quicker getting images off teh camera etc but I don't think I will buy any more. So there is a difference but in real world use, at least mine, it doesn't get you that much benefit.

Just been looking through the first few pages of 35mm f1.4 GM group on Flickr and every single image I liked and so clicked on to look at more closely was by @LeeRatters, says a lot (y)

Just been looking through the first few pages of 35mm f1.4 GM group on Flickr and every single image I liked and so clicked on to look at more closely was by @LeeRatters, says a lot (y)

Yes. It says it is an amazing lens ;) It takes great photos :)

But seriously, thank you very much. That's a very, very kind comment to make :)

Signed t-shirts available soon :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Glencoe road trip with Mum today. First time she had been and we had some fantastic light on the mountains as we drove through. Does anybody else hate when you see the perfect photo but can't find a pull over spot to take the photo :-(.

DSC00552 by Gilbo B, on Flickr

DSC00608 1 by Gilbo B, on Flickr
DSC00531 1 by Gilbo B, on Flickr
DSC00590 1 by Gilbo B, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely pictures Gil but I'm just wondering did she say any of the things my mam says like "Hurry up" or "how long do I have to stand here?" :D

Lovely pictures Gil but I'm just wondering did she say any of the things my mam says like "Hurry up" or "how long do I have to stand here?" :D
She actually did lol

w4xvOkk.jpg

CKtJlud.jpg

lu7kHxH.jpg

Sony Astro people... what are "best" options for lenses at the moment?

I got rid of my 20mm G last year.

Ta

The 24GM is my go to for more landscape style images. There is the Samyang 24mm f/ something with the astro infinity button...... that doesn't seem bad from what I've read and seen.

I also use 35mm and 40mm too though.

For super wide, I'm not sure side from the obvious 14GM.

So the 20-70mm f4 has been officially announced and finally it’s revealed how heavy it is, they’ve somehow managed to make it only 488g so I’ll definitely be interested when the price comes down. It’s just a question of whether I can live with 20mm or whether I’ll still need/want the 16mm of the 16-35mm. It’s a shame they don’t do a lightweight 16mm prime.

It looks brilliant. I remember saying the Tamron would be perfect if it went to 50mm.
F2.8 to f4 isn't a huge issue 90% of the time either.

100g or so lighter than the 28-200

Last edited:
Seems odd announcing it a year early. I wish they’d do a 400mm f4/4.5

20-70 f/4 £1399 in the UK and $1099 in the US , the gap gets bigger with every release

Price still seems out by quite a bit, $1099 is £895 and adding 20% VAT (US prices don't usually include sales tax) that comes up to £1074 if I've not missed something?

Price still seems out by quite a bit, $1099 is £895 and adding 20% VAT (US prices don't usually include sales tax) that comes up to £1074 if I've not missed something?
B&H listing it as $1098 but I’m not sure whether this is pre tax or not.

If it was £895 uk I’d be pre-ordering ;)

20-70 f/4 £1399 in the UK and $1099 in the US , the gap gets bigger with every release
Is it any wonder people look to save money. Purely on currency that lens should be around £900. So £500 for........

I guess the 24-70 f4 now redundant? Are they still making that? (I havne't checked the price difference)
Still listed on the Sony site, can’t see it being redundant for a while.

20-70mm’s not out until Feb. Shame it wasn’t announced earlier and at a reasonable price as it would be ideal for my upcoming trip to Prague.

Back