The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Also don't forget Sony are doing cash back offers at present on most lenses excluding the GM's.
£30 off the Sony Zeiss 35mm f2.8
£40 off the Sony Zeiss 55mm f1.8

I should have my 35mm soon :)

Looks like the price increases are now filtering through :(

Sony A7RII now £2999

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-sony-alpha-a7r-mark-ii-digital-camera-body/p1575237

A7ii as well:

Wex £1299
Jessops £1349

I looked yesterday at Wex, sure the A7ii was £1179 . Quite an increase....

EDIT - Lenses as well. Have a look here:
http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Sony/Sony-E-Mount-Lenses

Think it would be wise for anyone in the market for new stuff to seriously consider buying very soon from one of the dealers who haven't put their prices up yet.

EDIT2 - Couple of prices from Jessops:
55 f1.8 - £799
70-200 f4 - £1249
16-35 f4 - £1199
35 f2.8 - £699
:eek:

For perspective, LCE haven't increased their prices yet:
55 f1.8 - £619
70-200 f4 - £999
16-35 f4 - £1049
35 f2.8 - £512

My camera bag (A7ii, f4 zooms and 55) would cost over £800 more than it was yesterday. Wow.

Last edited:
I knew the price increases were coming a while back hence why I pulled the trigger on the GM lenses.
Also managed to bag the 35 f2.8 pre-price increase too yesterday.

55 f1.8 - £799
70-200 f4 - £1249
16-35 f4 - £1199
35 f2.8 - £699

55 f1.8 - £619
70-200 f4 - £999
16-35 f4 - £1049
35 f2.8 - £512

My camera bag (A7ii, f4 zooms and 55) would cost over £800 more than it was yesterday. Wow.

Jeepers, how much will the next loxia or batis cost

A7ii as well:

Wex £1299
Jessops £1349

Think it would be wise for anyone in the market for new stuff to seriously consider buying very soon from one of the dealers who haven't put their prices up yet.

55 f1.8 - £799
70-200 f4 - £1249
16-35 f4 - £1199
35 f2.8 - £699

55 f1.8 - £619
70-200 f4 - £999
16-35 f4 - £1049
35 f2.8 - £512

Ouch! I've been doing exactly that, buying stuff now perhaps a little ahead of when I'd ideally want it in order to save extra cash!

Looks like a minimum 10% increase, as others have said I brought the 28-70 gm to avoid the prices increases. Be interesting to see what happens to the grey import prices.

A7ii as well:

Wex £1299
Jessops £1349

55 f1.8 - £799
70-200 f4 - £1249
16-35 f4 - £1199
35 f2.8 - £699

55 f1.8 - £619
70-200 f4 - £999
16-35 f4 - £1049
35 f2.8 - £512

Bloody ridiculous

All the major vendors are doing the same so it's not just Sony, Fuji are putting their prices up in September. :(

Yeah, but tbh 20 - 30% increase is disgusting.

From whats been posted on FR, Fujis increases are between 5 and 7%.

Either way Im glad I dont see myself spending on gear any time soon.... with any manufacturer.

Last edited:
Looks more like a good excuse to drag more money out of people through panic to me. I know Sony kit is never cheap but I agree with Twist that 20-30% increase is extortionate. As ever, we can all do what we like with our kit but I can't help but think panic buying is just facilitating their increase.

Looks more like a good excuse to drag more money out of people through panic to me. I know Sony kit is never cheap but I agree with Twist that 20-30% increase is extortionate. As ever, we can all do what we like with our kit but I can't help but think panic buying is just facilitating their increase.

Agreed, Brexit doesnt have anything to do with it either. Its about manufacturers pushing their luck.

Agreed, Brexit doesnt have anything to do with it either. Its about manufacturers pushing their luck.
Not sure I agree with brexit having nothing to do with it, surely if the pound has dropped by about 13% against the dollar the increase in prices needs to be higher than 13% to stand still the worst increase is the 35mm now that is a joke.

I would imagine computers TVs etc will all see increases one of the joys of a weaker pound

Not sure I agree with brexit having nothing to do with it, surely if the pound has dropped by about 13% against the dollar the increase in prices needs to be higher than 13% to stand still the worst increase is the 35mm now that is a joke.

I would imagine computers TVs etc will all see increases one of the joys of a weaker pound

If thats the case why were the increases not seen on June 23rd? Sure the currency is weaker but from what Ive seen its up to 30% increase internationally. I do see your point though in terms of future affect but in this case I think they are taking advantage of consumers, if we pay it they will just continue with hikes.

Last edited:
All fair comments, it is a crazy increase.
In all fairness I'm a GAS sufferer so always wanted to buy more gear lol.
Buying pre-price increase seemed like a no-brainer for me.
Secondhand prices will be good now too for those selling.

Last edited:
All fair comments, it is a crazy increase.
In all fairness I'm a GAS sufferer so always wanted to buy more gear lol.
Buying pre-price increase seemed like a no-brainer for me.
Secondhand prices will be good now too for those selling.

I used to be like that. Im in remission, havent bought anything in ages, only sold stuff. Staying away from talk equipment is a good idea.

If thats the case why were the increases not seen on June 23rd? Sure the currency is weaker but from what Ive seen its up to 30% increase internationally. I do see your point though in terms of future affect but in this case I think they are taking advantage of consumers.
In that event if the increases are international I stand corrected though I think Japanese currency is weak against the dollar as well the 35mm is just shy of 40% bargain eh

In that event if the increases are international I stand corrected though I think Japanese currency is weak against the dollar as well the 35mm is just shy of 40% bargain eh

Total bargain LOL. Im going to buy loads of them to offload them next year when the next 30% increase arrives.

I used to be like that. Im in remission, havent bought anything in ages, only sold stuff. Staying away from talk equipment is a good idea.

I agree, it's a terrible addiction.
I'm planning to sell some of my gear soon, hopefully won't lose too much on them.
Once I've got the whole trinity GM lenses, a 50mm GM and A9 body I'm calling it a day. :)

Last edited:
I agree, it's a terrible addiction.
I'm planning to sell some of my gear soon, hopefully won't lose too on them.
Once I've got the whole trinity GM lenses, a 50mm GM and A9 body I'm calling it a day. :)

You are the Sony dream buyer ;0) I thought you said a few weeks ago that you weren't going have time for any paid photography now so you'd be selling half of your kit off yet you're now buying 3x£2k lenses instead.

Good luck with your GAS ;0)

You are the Sony dream buyer ;0) I thought you said a few weeks ago that you weren't going have time for any paid photography now so you'd be selling half of your kit off yet you're now buying 3x£2k lenses instead.

Good luck with your GAS ;0)

I've got a couple if not three paid jobs this year, but stopped taking any work on at the moment.

I know mate, proper Sony fan boy!
Once I've sold a A7RII body, grip, Batis 25 & 85 and the 70-200 f4 lenses it should soften the blow very slightly.

Last edited:
My goal...
Sony A9
Sony 12-24mm f2.8 GM
Sony 24-70mm f2.8 GM
Sony 70-200mm f2.8 GM
Sony 2.0x Tele-converter
Sony 50mm f1.2 GM
Sony 85mm f1.4 GM
Sony 135mm f2.8 GM Macro
Sony Zeiss 55mm f1.8
Sony Zeiss 35mm f2.8